Toyota Echo?

Started by 2o6, November 03, 2007, 06:24:29 PM

CJ

Two people say it's a decent car.  Obviously, they're wrong.  Why do I not see any Echo's?  Because they're crap and have all died.

Raghavan

You should get a Datsun 510.

Case closed.

2o6

Quote from: CJ on November 03, 2007, 07:15:53 PM
Two people say it's a decent car.  Obviously, they're wrong.  Why do I not see any Echo's?  Because they're crap and have all died.

I saw one this morning. I'm still trying to figure out how. The scions are reliable, and it is BASED UPON the Echo. It also uses the same Engine and Transmissions as the echo.

2o6

Quote from: Raghavan on November 03, 2007, 07:16:04 PM
You should get a Datsun 510.

Case closed.

Mmmmm........But....I'm not going to buy a car that is older than me.

Raghavan

Quote from: 2o6 on November 03, 2007, 07:17:30 PM

You're missing out. That's all I can say.

Porsche 944's are going for ~$3-6k. *hint hint*

CJ

Beats me, but the Echo is a POS.  It was poorly built, piss slow, and extremely ugly.

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on November 03, 2007, 07:17:30 PM

Then why do you want that stupid Infiniti?

Raghavan

Quote from: CJ on November 03, 2007, 07:19:46 PM
Beats me, but the Echo is a POS.  It was poorly built, piss slow, and extremely ugly.
It's not that bad dude.
You should be the one liking that car, seeing as the VeraCruz is your dream car. :rolleyes:

Raza

Quote from: 2o6 on November 03, 2007, 07:13:09 PM

Uh, I know which one you're talking about. It was primeraly the Canadian Model, and the 1.3L. Also, people here say it's a decent car.

Did you see any of my posts?  Compared to anyone other than someone who owns one, I probably have about the most experience with one.  It's crap.  It feels like it's built out of matchsticks, it's uncomfortable, and it handles like shit.  Works great for parallel parking, though.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: CJ on November 03, 2007, 07:20:16 PM
Then why do you want that stupid Infiniti?

Stupid? The G20 was built until 2002. The G20t had LSD. The Engine was the same one used in the Sentra SE-R.

2o6

Quote from: CJ on November 03, 2007, 07:19:46 PM

Compared to the econoline.....everything is fast.

2o6

Quote from: Raghavan on November 03, 2007, 07:19:46 PM
You're missing out. That's all I can say.

Porsche 944's are going for ~$3-6k. *hint hint*

Insurance.

Raza

I feel like a ghost person.  I've posted three times about how I have experience with the Echo and that they're garbage, and he goes and says "everyone here says they're great!"

:confused:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lazerous

Quote from: Raza  on November 03, 2007, 07:26:39 PM
I feel like a ghost person.  I've posted three times about how I have experience with the Echo and that they're garbage, and he goes and says "everyone here says they're great!"

:lol:

2o6

Quote from: Raza  on November 03, 2007, 07:26:39 PM

They're great! :loopy:

CJ

93JC

Whoa, Raza has posted in this thread? When the hell did this happen?

2o6

Quote from: CJ on November 03, 2007, 07:30:17 PM
He's just stupid.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black....

CJ

Raghavan

Quote from: 2o6 on November 03, 2007, 07:31:11 PM
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black....
You and CJ are black? :confused:

CJ

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

Quote from: 2o6 on November 03, 2007, 07:25:05 PM

Stupid? The G20 was built until 2002. The G20t had LSD. The Engine was the same one used in the Sentra SE-R.

Which is why you should save your money and get a SE-R.

Payman

The Canadian Echo was actually a cool little car:

2o6

Quote from: TBR on November 03, 2007, 08:10:11 PM
Which is why you should save your money and get a SE-R.

Cramped.

TBR

???

I assume you're saying that the backseat is too small, which in a teenager's car just doesn't matter (you won't be hauling around multiple adults very often and your friends will be more than happy to cram themselves in).

2o6

Quote from: TBR on November 03, 2007, 08:26:38 PM
???

I assume you're saying that the backseat is too small, which in a teenager's car just doesn't matter (you won't be hauling around multiple adults very often and your friends will be more than happy to cram themselves in).

The front is too small.

AKL

The Echo isn't as bad as some of these people make it to be.

Yes, it is small and far from stylish. But it's a great little car to get from point A to B. I see many around the Toronto area not breaking down. I've seen many in the winter too during the storms (It needs snow tires of course) The front seats are not amazing but they're adequate. With four adults the Echo will no doubt be cramped. But there's enough space inside.

The major negative aspect I have on this car is its highway driving. It's not a good highway car. Power I can deal with. But the fact that it doesn't feel composed is an issue. I can't imagine how it'll feel on really windy days. I've actually never seen an Echo going above 120 KM/HR  :mask: They're never in the passing lanes.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CJ on November 03, 2007, 07:10:19 PM
I can't find the website right now, but I'll try.  The Echo is a hunk of shit...just trust the majority of us on that one.

It's boring as shit, unpleasant to look at, but not bad otherwise. Good little first car.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]