Toyota Echo?

Started by 2o6, November 03, 2007, 06:24:29 PM

CALL_911

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 03, 2007, 09:26:38 PM
It's boring as shit, unpleasant to look at.

Much like a certain Camry Hybrid.... :devil:

2o6, why the hell are you making first car threads when the purchase is like 2 years away?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CALL_911 on November 03, 2007, 09:42:47 PM
2o6, why the hell are you making first car threads when the purchase is like 2 years away?

+1

2o6, the used car market will be very different 2 years from now, and you make like 3 threads a day about this. Just relax and wait it out.

Oh and Ro, the Camry isn't exciting to look at, but it's not UGLY. :huh:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

CJ

CALL_911

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 03, 2007, 09:46:00 PM
+1

2o6, the used car market will be very different 2 years from now, and you make like 3 threads a day about this. Just relax and wait it out.

Oh and Ro, the Camry isn't exciting to look at, but it's not UGLY. :huh:

It's pretty fucking ugly.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

2o6

Quote from: CALL_911 on November 03, 2007, 09:42:47 PM
Much like a certain Camry Hybrid.... :devil:

I plan on doing this next week. :praise:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CALL_911 on November 03, 2007, 09:47:40 PM
It's pretty fucking ugly.

Looks are subjective...right?

I think it's okay looking

TheIntrepid

CJ

When it comes down to the Camry, looks aren't subjective.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: CJ on November 03, 2007, 09:52:28 PM
When it comes down to the Camry, looks aren't subjective.

I don't quite understand how when you first came to this website you loved Camries and suddenly because the norm here is to dislike them, you're suddenly hating on them. Whatever, it's none of my business.

AKL

:rolleyes:

The Camry may be boring.

But it isn't ugly as shit.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

CJ

I like OUR generation of Camries and the previous generation, but only the SE V6.  The new one is just...ugly.  And there you go pulling that fucking card again. 

TheIntrepid

Quote from: AKL on November 03, 2007, 09:55:05 PM
:rolleyes:

The Camry may be boring.

But it isn't ugly as shit.

:rockon:

This man speaks the truth.

CALL_911

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 03, 2007, 09:54:02 PM
I don't quite understand how when you first came to this website you loved Camries and suddenly because the norm here is to dislike them, you're suddenly hating on them. Whatever, it's none of my business.

Dude, you do the same damn thing. Outside of discussing your own cars, you act like you're this hardcore enthusiast. Pot calling the kettle black?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Raghavan

Quote from: 2o6 on November 03, 2007, 07:51:32 PM
I am.
For real?
Either way, you have horrible tastes in cars. :nono:

ifcar

Whoever is calling the Echo slow either hasn't driven one or hasn't driven any other subcompact cars. It's light enough that it's surprisingly quick at low speeds, especially with the stick. Even passing isn't as bad as one might think, but it's not such a good highway car because of crosswind wandering.

TBR

Quote from: 2o6 on November 03, 2007, 08:28:16 PM

The front is too small.

And you know this from sitting in one?

Besides, the Sentra is on your list.

giant_mtb

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 03, 2007, 09:51:04 PM
Looks are subjective...right?

I think it's okay looking

Yup, 'cause blurry pictures make it look better than clear ones.  That's how ugly it is.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 04, 2007, 08:17:16 AM
Yup, 'cause blurry pictures make it look better than clear ones.  That's how ugly it is.

Fair. :lol:

2o6

Quote from: TBR on November 04, 2007, 07:20:08 AM
And you know this from sitting in one?

Besides, the Sentra is on your list.

Which SE-R? The SE-R coupe? or the SE-R sedan?

Raza

Quote from: ifcar on November 04, 2007, 07:14:34 AM
Whoever is calling the Echo slow either hasn't driven one or hasn't driven any other subcompact cars. It's light enough that it's surprisingly quick at low speeds, especially with the stick. Even passing isn't as bad as one might think, but it's not such a good highway car because of crosswind wandering.

Yeah, 0-10 is like lightning, but 10-12's the killer.  It struggles to keep up with suburban traffic, it's shoddily built, it's horrible to drive, and it's uncomfortable.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Your perspective is so skewed when it comes to mainstream cars that what you consider "struggling" really doesn't matter.

AKL

Quote from: Raza  on November 04, 2007, 02:03:56 PM
Yeah, 0-10 is like lightning, but 10-12's the killer.  It struggles to keep up with suburban traffic, it's shoddily built, it's horrible to drive, and it's uncomfortable.

Have you ever driven a Toyota Echo?

You seem to describe it as one of the worst vehicles ever created on the road. It really isn't. It may not win any beauty constants or offer the best driving experience. But power is not the Echo's problem. It may not win any races and it may not be able to blast past some cars. But that's not what it's meant to do. They designed it to have adequate power. And that's what it has. When I drove the Echo, I didn't struggle to keep up (and this is coming directly from a V6 powered Accord). It was perfectly fine in suburban traffic. The only place where I'd see trouble is on the highway where it isn't as composed.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

TBR

Quote from: 2o6 on November 04, 2007, 01:43:22 PM

Which SE-R? The SE-R coupe? or the SE-R sedan?

SE-R Coupe, of either generation.

Tave

I thought about getting one for my first car too, but I ended up with my parents' 4runner.

Little cars can be a grip of fun. I've come to a new appreciation of my Aveo's handling (but not its steering) after my trip to Copper Mountain yesterday. It was all mountain road, and I was hauling balls, and consistently the Aveo behaved neutrally in corners; it simply went in whatever direction I pointed the wheel, no understeer to be seen. I think it's a function of its size more than anything.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raghavan

Quote from: Tave on November 04, 2007, 05:22:32 PM
I thought about getting one for my first car too, but I ended up with my parents' 4runner.

Little cars can be a grip of fun. I've come to a new appreciation of my Aveo's handling (but not its steering) after my trip to Copper Mountain yesterday. It was all mountain road, and I was hauling balls, and consistently the Aveo behaved neutrally in corners; it simply went in whatever direction I pointed the wheel, no understeer to be seen. I think it's a function of its size more than anything.
If you weren't understeering then you weren't "hauling balls". :nono:

Tave

Quote from: Raghavan on November 04, 2007, 05:24:18 PM
If you weren't understeering then you weren't "hauling balls". :nono:

I was doing 80-90 in a posted 55-65 with 45 mph curves. It simply handled neutrally. I could have understeered if I wanted to end up off the road, or I could have preloaded the springs and oversteered into oncomming traffic.

I wasn't driving at 10/10ths, but a couple times I got pretty close, and the Aveo behaved with poise. I could have had a lot of fun on that road in an Echo.

In fact, I've had a shitload of fun in a 92 buick regal. I think sometime's we're too elitist on this forum. People who like to drive cars like it because they like to drive. Give me something to drive and I'll have a smile on my face.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raghavan

I was kind of just joking around in that post. :lol:
I nearly understeered off the road once in the ol' Accord.
That was scary.

ifcar

Quote from: AKL on November 04, 2007, 03:21:12 PM
Have you ever driven a Toyota Echo?

You seem to describe it as one of the worst vehicles ever created on the road. It really isn't. It may not win any beauty constants or offer the best driving experience. But power is not the Echo's problem. It may not win any races and it may not be able to blast past some cars. But that's not what it's meant to do. They designed it to have adequate power. And that's what it has. When I drove the Echo, I didn't struggle to keep up (and this is coming directly from a V6 powered Accord). It was perfectly fine in suburban traffic. The only place where I'd see trouble is on the highway where it isn't as composed.

Raza describes every inexpensive vehicle he's driven as one of the worst cars on the road.

CJ

Here's what I think an enthusiast is: Someone who enjoys cars, no matter what they are.  Someone who has fun driving anything.  Whether it be a Lamborghini Reventon or a Toyota Camry, you can have fun.