The Craigslist/eBay/AutoTrader Thread

Started by TheIntrepid, November 08, 2007, 07:42:21 PM

Speed_Racer

WTF $30k and this thing isn't even street legal (though it can be somewhat made so in UT)

CaminoRacer

Add-ons and extras increase the price on those a LOT. It's the same with Polaris RZRs and Cam-Ams and stuff. They all start around $15-20k but then once you get the features you want (including simple things like a roof and windshield), the price is $10k more.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

Didn't realize Mahindra had a NA assembly plant. 

Wonder how much it costs in India.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 25, 2020, 01:42:53 PM
Didn't realize Mahindra had a NA assembly plant. 

Wonder how much it costs in India.

Yep, Auburn Hills. A former co-worker designed most the line.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

veeman

Quote from: Speed_Racer on August 25, 2020, 01:27:34 PM
WTF $30k and this thing isn't even street legal (though it can be somewhat made so in UT)

There was talk a while back of selling street legal diesel Mahindra pickups in the US but making the diesel conform to US emissions standards was too costly and negated any fuel economy advantage of the diesel so the idea was shelved.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

FoMoJo

Incredible friction burn on the horse! :huh:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

shp4man

Here's another junky old truck. Guy says he's selling it for his dad. Badge says Hydra-matic but description says manual trans. No pics of the interior except a scary 70's vintage speedo. Cut dash? Take it for $3500 maybe. Not much rust.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/poway-1955-gmc-5-window-pick-up-truck/7183807603.html

Worth  $17-19K in presentable condition.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on August 25, 2020, 05:37:57 PM
Here's another junky old truck. Guy says he's selling it for his dad. Badge says Hydra-matic but description says manual trans. No pics of the interior except a scary 70's vintage speedo. Cut dash? Take it for $3500 maybe. Not much rust.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/poway-1955-gmc-5-window-pick-up-truck/7183807603.html

Worth  $17-19K in presentable condition.

Too much money. I'll take the $250 Sunburd.

shp4man

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on August 25, 2020, 05:43:42 PM
It is cheaper. In many ways.

A first year Sunberd with the Buick V6 could pull a premium one week before Race Wars.

AutobahnSHO

People spend stupid money on toys. Those non-street-legal vehicles are as much as a road-worthy crash-tested car.!!!
Will

Eye of the Tiger

shp4man

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on August 27, 2020, 09:11:35 PM
You need a title for an old vehicle in NC?

It doesn't matter. Title it in Vermont.

FoMoJo

$55,000, they're getting expensive now.

CaminoRacer

It was only $30k when I first posted it! BaT is normally expensive, so $40k is probably a more "real" price...
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

shp4man

This car is fascinating. The paint!!! and upholstery appear to be original equipment. It's a time capsule. OE paint on the dash. I recognize the upholstery cloth from a '51 Chevy sedan I used to have.  Parts for straight eight engine? Don't know.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/d/el-cajon-1949-pontiac-silver-streak-8/7186772608.html

FoMoJo

Quote from: shp4man on August 31, 2020, 02:08:12 PM
This car is fascinating. The paint!!! and upholstery appear to be original equipment. It's a time capsule. OE paint on the dash. I recognize the upholstery cloth from a '51 Chevy sedan I used to have.  Parts for straight eight engine? Don't know.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/d/el-cajon-1949-pontiac-silver-streak-8/7186772608.html

I really liked that era, '49 to '51, in both GM and Ford.  The first big styling transition post war.  Ford had gone to the "shoe box" look while GM still retained some of the curvaceous look, though it still looked modern for the time.  I like the mohair upholstery as well.  Just seemed so warm and comforting to sink into.  This one looks pretty original with a big dose of "patina."

Pontiac still had the old flat head straight 8.  Quite the work horse.

FoMoJo

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 31, 2020, 01:41:35 PM
It was only $30k when I first posted it! BaT is normally expensive, so $40k is probably a more "real" price...
Sold for $57,500 it says now.  I paid $2,500 for my '67 Mk. II, 289 K code.  Sold it for about the same a couple years later.  Such regret.

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

FoMoJo

Eye of the Tiger