GTCC #109

Started by LostBoy, July 03, 2005, 01:43:12 PM

ifcar

QuoteYea, its in the rules.  Clones should be counted like one car.
Depending on the similarity of the shared part. If, for example, a grille changes between three clones while nothing else does, all the clones' answers count for a pic of the taillight. But if the pic is of the grille, the specific answer is required.

ifcar

I'm thinking that it can't be exactly what it looks like, it's too obviously a mid-80s GM. Thus, it is very possibly something completely different, the similarities designed to throw off guessers.

Opel Senator, perhaps?

footoflead

olds vista cruiser?
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

GMPenguin

ifcar

That was already guessed, and it had 6 headlight squares rather than 4 IIRC.

93JC

QuoteThat was already guessed, and it had 6 headlight squares rather than 4 IIRC.
You have bad memory, grasshopper. 6000 originally had four headlights, and was later redesigned to two.

ifcar

QuoteThat was already guessed, and it had 6 headlight squares rather than 4 IIRC.
You have bad memory, grasshopper. 6000 originally had four headlights, and was later redesigned to two.
Then what's this thing?

GMPenguin

Oh, I only saw the T1000, my bad. :)

93JC

Then what's this thing?

'82-'86 with optional grille-mounted foglights.

ifcar

Then what's this thing?

'82-'86 with optional grille-mounted foglights.
That explains that, it's the only version I remembered because its additional headlights let it stand out from its clones.

93JC

Regular '82-'86 6000:

'87 redesign:

ifcar

It's clearly neither of those anyway.

93JC

No, it isn't.

Looks damned familiar to me, which pisses me off. I should know it, but just can't put my finger on it...

ifcar

I think that's the point.

TBR

I guess everyone has given up, so I will give it another shot.  

ifcar

QuoteI guess everyone has given up, so I will give it another shot.
Which shot are you referring to?  <_<  

ifcar

mazda6er

Firebird/Trans Am?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

oilfilter

Looks like a Delorean except for the split grill, and the absence of the GMC logo. :blink:  

ifcar

QuoteLooks like a Delorean except for the split grill, and the absence of the GMC logo. :blink:
DMC.  ;)

BTW, topic starters are allowed to edit out logos that would make the answer too obvious.

TBR

I did research a lot, but came up empty.  

ifcar

I did research a lot, but came up empty.
Maybe someone already got it right, there are a couple of unanswered guesses right now. And maybe we'll get a hint when LB comes back to answer them.  

Raghavan

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

oilfilter

ifcar

We can't get a hint, LostBoy hasn't been online for days.

If he hasn't answered guesses by the end of today, someone can start a new thread.

oilfilter

QuoteWe can't get a hint, LostBoy hasn't been online for days.

If he hasn't answered guesses by the end of today, someone can start a new thread.
why dont you start a new one right away, anyway. We can continue this one once he returns.
I gather he didnt PM any of the mods with the answer either..

BMWDave

why dont you start a new one right away, anyway. We can continue this one once he returns.
He didnt PM us.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

footoflead

He didnt PM us.
lostboy...you dissappoint me :angry:
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Cobra93