Audi V8 Quattro

Started by Eye of the Tiger, November 11, 2007, 11:10:20 PM

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on November 12, 2007, 03:04:10 PM

Just buy a bottle of Jack.  They aren't that expensive, and will easily fit in a backpack or something.

I prefer Jim.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on November 12, 2007, 10:32:32 PM
Well, if you had anything resembling grey matter in that dome of yours you'd buy this instead: Quattro Coupe

:lol:

Oh my god.  I need that.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

No reserve

You might be able to get that cheap!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

Buy it.

You've already inspired me a tad bit just looking at it, time to look for Alfa 164s on ebay.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TBR on November 13, 2007, 09:53:44 AM
Buy it.

You've already inspired me a tad bit just looking at it, time to look for Alfa 164s on ebay.

Just say no to obscure European cars! It's a disease! Run away!
Yeah, I'm going to call the seller later today and see if we can work out a deal so I can pick it up on Friday. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TBR

Oh my...

Not exactly cheap, but it is quite pretty. Not sure why the chrome on the front is painted (the chrome ring from the back and the sides should continue all the way around the car), that is a little worrisome. Other than that, a slight drop and some more sporting wheels is all it needs.

S204STi

Quote from: saxonyron on November 12, 2007, 10:59:17 PM
That's the spitting image of one.  I'm guessing it's real, especially with the love and care shown in keeping it up.  Besides, the interior is definitely the stock Audi GT of the day - that's a hugely upgraded interior compared to my old ride.

Huh, well that's cool then...sadly the wife won't let me sell the WRX for one yet... :lol:

Raza

Quote from: TBR on November 13, 2007, 10:13:22 AM
Oh my...

Not exactly cheap, but it is quite pretty. Not sure why the chrome on the front is painted (the chrome ring from the back and the sides should continue all the way around the car), that is a little worrisome. Other than that, a slight drop and some more sporting wheels is all it needs.

I love it, but that's more than I'd pay for it, honestly.  At 8,500 it's pushing what I'd pay for one.  Just the fact that Alfas are still talked about as being horribly unreliable, I'd hate to hope that I could spend that kind of money on one and not get any problems.  I mean, it's half the miles of the ones on sale on Autotrader, but it's also five times the price. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: NACar on November 13, 2007, 09:55:49 AM
Just say no to obscure European cars! It's a disease! Run away!
Yeah, I'm going to call the seller later today and see if we can work out a deal so I can pick it up on Friday. :lol:

Am I the only one that took the Obscure European Car Vaccine? :huh:

Although I think my Mercedes SL/Carrera Convertible Vaccine might be wearing off :mask:

Laconian

Quote from: Vinsanity on November 13, 2007, 10:51:33 AM
Am I the only one that took the Obscure European Car Vaccine? :huh:

I get my German car immunotherapy through constant exposure to yuppies in 3ers and A4s. :zzz:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

TBR

Quote from: Raza  on November 13, 2007, 10:33:15 AM
I love it, but that's more than I'd pay for it, honestly.  At 8,500 it's pushing what I'd pay for one.  Just the fact that Alfas are still talked about as being horribly unreliable, I'd hate to hope that I could spend that kind of money on one and not get any problems.  I mean, it's half the miles of the ones on sale on Autotrader, but it's also five times the price. 

Oh yes, it is definitely expensive, but I think it might be worth it. As far as I am concerned it is about desirable as 164s get. First, it is a LS. Other models have ugly two tone paint and excessive cladding. Second, it is a 5-spd, relatively common with 164s mind you. Third, it is black, no reason for explanation. Fourth, it has low miles (the 1995 model car I drive currently has 332,000 miles, that Alfa is practically brand new in comparision). Fifth, it is a 1995, the last year Alfas were sold in the USA.

Also, it is in exquisite condition, though the after mentioned chrome would make me be extra careful in checking for signs of a front end accident.

Raza

Quote from: TBR on November 13, 2007, 11:28:29 AM
Oh yes, it is definitely expensive, but I think it might be worth it. As far as I am concerned it is about desirable as 164s get. First, it is a LS. Other models have ugly two tone paint and excessive cladding. Second, it is a 5-spd, relatively common with 164s mind you. Third, it is black, no reason for explanation. Fourth, it has low miles (the 1995 model car I drive currently has 332,000 miles, that Alfa is practically brand new in comparision). Fifth, it is a 1995, the last year Alfas were sold in the USA.

Also, it is in exquisite condition, though the after mentioned chrome would make me be extra careful in checking for signs of a front end accident.

Yeah, it is in great condition.  Although the sensible part of me would be yelling "a 99 Viggen would cost about the same!" 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

Certainly, but as unique and rare as Viggens are, they are commonplace compared to the 164, especially the 164LS.

saxonyron

Quote from: Laconian on November 13, 2007, 11:04:44 AM
I get my German car immunotherapy through constant exposure to yuppies in 3ers and A4s. :zzz:

:evildude:  Hey, I represent that remark!  But sorry - I'm not quite yuppie material.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

CALL_911

Quote from: Laconian on November 13, 2007, 11:04:44 AM

I'm in constant exposure to teenage kids whose parents buy them 3ers and A4's. But I still love them.

I don't think I'll every be cured of my case of the German car bug.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CALL_911 on November 13, 2007, 02:23:10 PM
I'm in constant exposure to teenage kids whose parents buy them 3ers and A4's. But I still love them.

You shall be cursed with an old BMW 318i that turns out to be a lemon, and after much hardship, you will trade it in for a Buick Century.  :evildude:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on November 13, 2007, 02:28:08 PM
You shall be cursed with an old BMW 318i that turns out to be a lemon, and after much hardship, you will trade it in for a Buick Century.  :evildude:

The day Ro buys a full-size FWD sedan, I will personally drive out to wherever he is (San Diego?) and shake his hand.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 13, 2007, 02:29:55 PM
The day Ro buys a full-size FWD sedan, I will personally drive out to wherever he is (San Diego?) and shake his hand.

The Century is mid-sized  :evildude:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on November 13, 2007, 02:31:08 PM
The Century is mid-sized  :evildude:

No it's not. Avis rented it out as a fullsize, competing with Impala, Intrepid, Taurus. :huh:

Midsizes are Fusion, Grand Am, Malibu.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 13, 2007, 02:31:52 PM
No it's not. Avis rented it out as a fullsize, competing with Impala, Intrepid, Taurus. :huh:

Midsizes are Fusion, Grand Am, Malibu.

Of course the rental company calls it full-size, because that justifies charging you a full-size price! It's a mid-sized car.

CALL_911

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 13, 2007, 02:29:55 PM

:evildude:

That will never happen. Unless one day I'm forced to. But I'd hopefully be making enough to buy a 5er, and I'd get it with a stick. And when I got to the BMW dealer, I would ditch that, and go for a 1er or a 3er.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

Quote from: NACar on November 13, 2007, 02:28:08 PM

I'd take the engine out and swap an S52 in. Imagine an E36 Compact with that engine in it?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TheIntrepid

Why the hell would you buy a 5er if you plan on trading it for a 3er or 1er anyway?

Eye of the Tiger

COrrection.. the Century, with 101.8 cu ft of interior volume, is actually a COMPACT car - that being any car with an interior volume of 100-109.9 cu ft.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on November 13, 2007, 02:38:27 PM
COrrection.. the Century, with 101.8 cu ft of interior volume, is actually a COMPACT car - that being any car with an interior volume of 100-109.9 cu ft.

:wtf:

Eye of the Tiger

CALL_911

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 13, 2007, 02:35:44 PM
Why the hell would you buy a 5er if you plan on trading it for a 3er or 1er anyway?

When I got to the dealer to make a payment on the 5er, I would ditch that idea, and go for a 1er or 3er.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Vinsanity

Quote from: CALL_911 on November 13, 2007, 02:23:10 PM

It's because your parents have a brand new Bimmer and Audi, and you have a 15-year-old Subie. Once you get to start driving newer cars, you'll see that they're not really *that* special :mask:

Vinsanity

Quote from: CALL_911 on November 13, 2007, 02:43:43 PM
When I got to the dealer to make a payment on the 5er, I would ditch that idea, and go for a 1er or 3er.

That's part of your plan? I like to avoid taxes and depreciation myself, but it's your money :nutty: