Audio Modz, yo!

Started by TheIntrepid, November 12, 2007, 04:28:22 PM

AutobahnSHO

FWIW Aiwa is Sony.. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiwa

And I've always liked the layout and sound of Pioneer decks- and the guts of the middle-range units are found in the cheapest of the cheap too, so you don't suffer sound quality (just features and display bling) if you're a cheapskate like I am... :-)
Will

sportyaccordy

I'm planning on doing an SQ build next year. CDT Audio M6s all around, with their tweeters + x-ovre in front, and a Profile amp. I'm debating getting a sub...

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 20, 2007, 06:56:41 AM
I'm planning on doing an SQ build next year. CDT Audio M6s all around, with their tweeters + x-ovre in front, and a Profile amp. I'm debating getting a sub...
What is there to debate?  :-)

Unless you're short on space and/or money I see no reason not to.  It will only enhance whatever music you listen to, guaranteed...
Will

BimmerM3

Quote from: VTEC_Inside on November 17, 2007, 03:50:20 PM
The separate sub output is just the low frequencies from both of the other 2 channels. The .1 is reserved for a dedicated bass only channel.

I agree with what you're saying, but I've seen computer speaker systems advertised as a 2.1 even though it works the same as car's system does.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 21, 2007, 09:22:58 AM
What is there to debate?  :-)

Unless you're short on space and/or money I see no reason not to.  It will only enhance whatever music you listen to, guaranteed...

My last system was adequate with just the 6x9s in the back handling bass duties...

With a sub you have to worry about time delay, phasing, etc. I mean I will get distribution blocks to add future amps just cause, but the bulk of the music I listen to doesn't require earth shaking bass... and the CDT Audio M6s are more than up to the task of handling the lows...

If I do get a sub... it's gonna be strictly SQ, probably a Dayton 12" in a sealed box. But I would have to change my HU, as this one doesn't have time delay settings. See the downward spiral car audio creates???

AutobahnSHO

I didn't worry about the time delay- I'm not an afficionado, either.

I like bass though, and honestly to me any stereo sounds better with a sub..

But I know what you mean about spiralling-
I bought a $50 mp3 player last week (Sansa e250 from tigerdirect) and already I'm pricing cases, armbands, extra memory, etc...  :nono:
Will