GTR Already on the streets in Southern California

Started by Yawn, November 21, 2007, 02:25:49 PM

JYODER240

It's nice to see it in another color besides silver.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

MX793

Pre-pro press models (they are wearing Edmunds Inside Line license plates).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

r0tor

the more i see it, the less and less i like the styling unfortunately 
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

deesea

the red one doesnt look half that bad...but unfortunately it still doesn't look as cool as the R34 and 32. :wub:
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

Soup DeVille

Quote from: deesea on November 21, 2007, 06:01:17 PM
the red one doesnt look half that bad...but unfortunately it still doesn't look as cool as the R34 and 32. :wub:

The R-series skylines always looked like a high tech Japanese take on the classic muscle car to me.

The new one, as technically awesome as it is, seems more like it "just another supercar."

I know that sounds stupid, but somehow it's just less intriguing to me.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

deesea

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 21, 2007, 06:03:48 PM
The R-series skylines always looked like a high tech Japanese take on the classic muscle car to me.

The new one, as technically awesome as it is, seems more like it "just another supercar."

I don't think it sounds that stupid...I thought it was pretty cool when it was first announced (the new GTR) but i've never been "so excited" bout it. yeah it pulls impressive numbers, but i just don't see what the hype is all about.

and yes...those high tech jap muscle cars were simply awesome :rockon:
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

FlatBlackCaddy

That R32 is nice. First time i've wished i was canadian(lucky bastards with their 15 year restriction, R32 GTR's are showing up and i can't think of a better used performance buy).

Anyway i was praying it was black, then i clicked on the link.

Can't wait to see it in black(best color for any car, surely the best for the GTR). Those tail pipes are huge.

Raghavan

LonghornTX

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Yawn

The GTR was like the STI and Evolution.. Now its separate.. The heritage is gone now.. You cant say its a Skyline anymore

sportyaccordy

Mannn forget the newer GT-R's...

My fav is definitely the blue KPGC-10 in the background, LOVE that car...

SVT_Power

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 21, 2007, 11:17:24 PM
Mannn forget the newer GT-R's...

My fav is definitely the blue KPGC-10 in the background, LOVE that car...

one in the middle of this?

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raghavan

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Oops, I guess there is one in the picture, the second one from the right.

heelntoe

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 21, 2007, 06:03:48 PM

amen, brother. i love the R32 and R34. R33, not so much.
@heelntoe

Quote from: Yawn on November 21, 2007, 10:35:04 PM
The GTR was like the STI and Evolution.. Now its separate.. The heritage is gone now.. You cant say its a Skyline anymore

Why would you want to be able to say it's a Skyline?  That's only a American mistake where people associated the Skyline name with the GTR and forgot about the rest of the Skyline lineup.  That's like Supra owners lamenting they can't call their cars Celicas anymore.  Elsewhere in the world the GTR was always referred to as the GTR.

How many STI and EVO owners tell all their buddies that they are gonna show up in the Impreza and the Lancer tonight? 

MX793

Quote from: 565 on November 22, 2007, 07:48:09 AM
Why would you want to be able to say it's a Skyline?  That's only a American mistake where people associated the Skyline name with the GTR and forgot about the rest of the Skyline lineup.  That's like Supra owners lamenting they can't call their cars Celicas anymore.  Elsewhere in the world the GTR was always referred to as the GTR.

How many STI and EVO owners tell all their buddies that they are gonna show up in the Impreza and the Lancer tonight? 

Up until this generation, the GT-R has been a trim level of the Skyline family and carried the Skyline name.  Everywhere it was sold, it was the "Skyline GT-R", not merely "GT-R".  This is the first time Nissan officially dropped the Skyline from the name.

That said, all of the performance heritage/legend of the Skyline was with the GT-R version and goes with the GT-R nomenclature.  Regular Skylines weren't the ones tearing up the tracks, it was the GT-R version.  In fact, the lower trims were really not anything special or particularly high performance (some trims didn't even have 200 hp).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: LonghornTX on November 21, 2007, 09:26:24 PM
Not too attractive to me.  Looks too.....big.
It's growing on me,but I still can't stand the roofline. :huh:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

oilfilter

Damn! So many awesome skylines in one place! This must be what paradise looks like!

2o6

My favorite skyline will be the Ken and Mary skyline.

the Teuton

I wonder how many of those people with 800 hp RB26s just kinda snicker inside at the thought of the new GT-R having a V6.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sportyaccordy

Quote from: the Teuton on November 23, 2007, 03:18:27 PM
I wonder how many of those people with 800 hp RB26s just kinda snicker inside at the thought of the new GT-R having a V6.

Not for nothing, but there are 700+HP 350Zs running around. Peeps act as though the RB26 was indestructable... to an extent it was. But you can't just slap on a turbo and make 1000HP on an RB, you still have to rebuild the internals, which is what you'd have to do for the VQ.

The motor in the new GT-R IMO has more potential than the RB. More technology, more modern cooling techniques, etc. Peeps with G35/350Zs are putting down 400WHP on stock blocks, so I can only imagine what this motor is capable of stock. But I'm not lamenting the loss of the RB at all, it was heavy, outdated and unable to keep up with emissions standards. That this motor passes and makes more power speaks volumes...

Yawn

\

[/quote]
Quote from: MX793 on November 22, 2007, 09:48:09 PM

Well they do say the full name.... I hear lancer evolution alot...and in japan on tv and magazines  they did label the r34 as skyline gtr

Vinsanity

my buddy used to intern at that exact place :praise: so much for timing...I coulda been that guy inspecting the undercarriage for some reason hehe

MidnightDave

Call it what you want, it's a bad@ss ride IMO...THANKS for posting!
2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!