Another dilemma...

Started by Raza , November 21, 2007, 04:35:40 PM

SaltyDog

Definately GTI. And they don't make Jetta wagons anymore, so I don't see anything else good from VW.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: SaltyDog on November 24, 2007, 10:45:41 AM
Definately GTI. And they don't make Jetta wagons anymore, so I don't see anything else good from VW.

A real shame, too. It's a great looking car.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Vinsanity

Raza: have you decided what you prefer between the GTI and the Civic Si yet?

SaltyDog

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 24, 2007, 10:55:14 AM
A real shame, too. It's a great looking car.

Agreed, but as far as German wagons go the A3 looks better.

Are you listening Raza?

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

CALL_911

Quote from: SaltyDog on November 24, 2007, 11:05:05 AM
Agreed, but as far as German wagons go the A3 looks better.

Are you listening Raza?

The deal extends to only his dealer, not VWoA. I suggested the A3.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SaltyDog

Quote from: CALL_911 on November 24, 2007, 11:05:38 AM
The deal extends to only his dealer, not VWoA. I suggested the A3.

Yeah, but if he decides to ditch VW...

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

Raza

Vin:  I can't say that I have.  Tough choice.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

Well, that Autobahn package does sound pretty nifty enough to go for, if the lease/incentive deal still works out to your advantage

TurboDan

The Autobahn package sounds pretty good.  If I were to do it over again, I wouldn't have minded getting a new GTI last year instead of the B5 Passat.  Don't get me wrong, I love the Passat, but I've seen quite a few GTIs and I like them a lot.  I can't live without heated seats, leather, sunroof, etc., though.  Diesel-powered A3 or GTI would be awesome.

How's MPG on the Boxster?  It can't be that bad, the H6 engine isn't that much of a beast.

TurboDan

BTW, I wouldn't mind picking up a used Audi TT one of these days.  Saw a nice one for a great price the other day.  My next car will most likely be a 2-seater.  TT or Z4 FTW.

CALL_911

Quote from: TurboDan on November 24, 2007, 09:07:49 PM
BTW, I wouldn't mind picking up a used Audi TT one of these days.  Saw a nice one for a great price the other day.  My next car will most likely be a 2-seater.  TT or Z4 FTW.

Boxster/Cayman, man! 987 FTW

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Payman

Here you go, Raza. Go get it. It's just north of you in Bethlehem.

1987 Porsche 944 Garaged, Just Serviced ,FAST,2.5 Must Sell - $3900

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: see below
Date: 2007-11-17, 2:47PM EST

This is my 5 speed Four seater 1987 Porsche 944 w/ 150k miles well maintained, always garaged, just serviced the whole motor by PORSCHE Technition, NEW timing belt, & other belts,head gasket & bolts,water pump, spark plugs, Battery, etc.. I have all paper work (payed $2,500 just last month). Very reliable, Fast & Fun to drive. Has CD player, Black leather, Sunroof, Chrome Wheels, and side Racing Graphics. I have spent over more than what I'm asking in this past year. What it needs is a windsheild, small crack on driver side(just $100 for windshield at local junkyard) then get Inspection sticker. This is my Dream Baby, Motivated to sell,It's just taking up room in my Garage "Hate to Sell" Serious Inquires only. 610-861-0233 or cell 484-264-1925

Raza

Quote from: TurboDan on November 24, 2007, 09:06:55 PM
The Autobahn package sounds pretty good.  If I were to do it over again, I wouldn't have minded getting a new GTI last year instead of the B5 Passat.  Don't get me wrong, I love the Passat, but I've seen quite a few GTIs and I like them a lot.  I can't live without heated seats, leather, sunroof, etc., though.  Diesel-powered A3 or GTI would be awesome.

How's MPG on the Boxster?  It can't be that bad, the H6 engine isn't that much of a beast.

The Boxster's not too bad on gas.  EPA is 18/26 (new), but real world is more like 14, and the two times I took it on the highway for any distance, I managed about 23. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

sportyaccordy

As a car forum member I have to recommend the most esoteric, impractical, but fun to drive choice...

A turbocharged S2000CR (untuned)

FlatBlackCaddy

Personally if you had to/wanted to turn in the VW and get another i would go for a GTI with a DSG speced to however i could afford it(base with DSG as the only option). Personally everything else is just shoveling dirt into a different hole compared with the car you have now. If possible i'd certainly browse the certified lot for a R32 or better yet a lightly used Audi S car if they have any.

Otherwise hold out for 9 months and expand your options, i personally think there are much better things out there for the money(a speed3 GT stickers for 27K, in 9 months you could probobly get 3-4K off that if they are sitting on the lots).

SJ_GTI

What dealler are you going to? VW of Langhorne?

If you want, I'll give you a good deal on my GTI (leather, sunroof, heated seats, Nav, iPod integration, 18" wheels). Its time for me to move back to BMW I think.  :ohyeah:

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 27, 2007, 10:18:00 AM

If you want, I'll give you a good deal on my GTI (leather, sunroof, heated seats, Nav, iPod integration, 18" wheels). Its time for me to move back to BMW I think.  :ohyeah:

Really?

Why would you dump the GTI so soon?

Are you having problems with it?

I guess with your money :lol: i would be looking at bigger and better things too(your going to get a 335 aren't you).

SVT666

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 27, 2007, 10:18:00 AM

Bored with it already?

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 27, 2007, 10:52:35 AM
Really?

Why would you dump the GTI so soon?

Are you having problems with it?

I guess with your money :lol: i would be looking at bigger and better things too(your going to get a 335 aren't you).

My money?  :huh: Says the guy who bought an MS6, and then traded it in 2 months later for an Evo.  :rolleyes:  :devil:

I'm not really selling it, just messing around with Raza. I think we all know he isn't really going to get a car with a stick shift.  :devil:

SJ_GTI

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 27, 2007, 10:54:29 AM
Bored with it already?

Well, I am bored with it (I get bored after about 2 weeks with any car), but I won't sell it just because I'm bored.  :lol:

Vinsanity

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 27, 2007, 11:13:22 AM
I think we all know he isn't really going to get a car with a stick shift.  :devil:

That would be my moment of vindication :lol:

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 27, 2007, 11:13:22 AM
My money?  :huh: Says the guy who bought an MS6, and then traded it in 2 months later for an Evo.  :rolleyes:  :devil:

I'm not really selling it, just messing around with Raza. I think we all know he isn't really going to get a car with a stick shift.  :devil:

You're the one that has mentioned several times that you could afford to spend much more on a car. So yes your money(feel free to send me some :lol:).

Anyway don't pick on raza, he has a hard enough time trying to decide what his future car will be.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 27, 2007, 11:30:06 AM
You're the one that has mentioned several times that you could afford to spend much more on a car. So yes your money(feel free to send me some :lol:).

Well in my defense, GTI's aren't all that expensive.  :tounge: That was probably my point. I certainly couldn't go out and buy a new car every year if I wanted. I'm not Leblowski after all.  :devil:

Anyway don't pick on raza, he has a hard enough time trying to decide what his future car will be.

Yeah, its a been a tough 3 years.  :devil: :lol:

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 27, 2007, 11:34:49 AM
Well in my defense, GTI's aren't all that expensive.  :tounge: That was probably my point. I certainly couldn't go out and buy a new car every year if I wanted. I'm not Leblowski after all.  :devil:

Yeah, its a been a tough 3 years.  :devil: :lol:

Go ahead, drag lebowski into this to attract attention away from yourself. We all know you could go out and get a 70K car without stretching the budget.

It has been tough for raza, thankfully he made it through the first 3 years. The next 3 should be a piece of cake.

MrH

Actually, SJ_GTI's car would be perfect.  Loaded, with awesome aftermarket suspension pieces already in, and a nice sub in the back.  It's in black, is a 6-speed, and you know it's in good shape.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on November 27, 2007, 11:18:29 AM
That would be my moment of vindication :lol:

:lol:

Don't bet on it.  I've already got one car with a stick, and I wouldn't replace the Passat with a car without one. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: MrH on November 27, 2007, 03:42:49 PM
Actually, SJ_GTI's car would be perfect.  Loaded, with awesome aftermarket suspension pieces already in, and a nice sub in the back.  It's in black, is a 6-speed, and you know it's in good shape.

But, I don't really care about the sub too much, and his car has satnav.  I'd rather get a car without navigation.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MrH

Quote from: Raza  on November 28, 2007, 01:28:55 PM
But, I don't really care about the sub too much, and his car has satnav.  I'd rather get a car without navigation.

...why? :confused:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

J86

Quote from: MrH on November 28, 2007, 05:17:07 PM
...why? :confused:

I'm actually torn on the nav thing.  I wasn't really for 'em, but Mom's new wheels has one.  I like navigating by map, because I have stumbled upon so many cool places I otherwise wouldn't have experienced, but I've found when driving her car somewhere new, I still don't use the GPS.  However, if you HAVE to be somewhere, it's a great crutch to lean on.  It was great over break, for example, when I had to find a house in Providence at night and didn't know that particular corner of the city too well.

I don't think I'd get one in a new car if it meant fucking up the radio controls, but so long as it is an essentially stand alone unit, why not?