Infa Red Aston DBS

Started by TheIntrepid, November 28, 2007, 07:45:52 AM

TheIntrepid

Aston Martin unveiled the most eagerly anticipated car of the year the new DBS at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on August 16th, where the company took a starring role as the featured marque.

Aston Martin Chief Executive Officer, Dr Ulrich Bez, said: "The DBS is the ultimate expression of Aston Martin's engineering and technical ability. It offers pure performance without compromise.

"The DBS delivers the complete driving experience and bridges the gap between our road and track cars - the DB9 and DBR9."

Equally at home on a twisting mountain circuit as on the open road, the DBS is a true thoroughbred. The Aston Martin DBS is a 6.0-litre V12 powered, race-bred, two-seater shaped by the aerodynamic demands of high performance, with an exquisite interior that marries beautifully hand-finished materials with the very latest in performance technology.

A combination of elegant design, innovative manufacturing processes, race-derived materials and components and Aston Martin's unrivalled hand-build expertise makes the DBS a luxury sports car without equal. Every line, crease and curve conveys the enormous potential of the DBS, a seductive blend of refinement and raw power, provided by the hand-built V12 producing 380kW (510bhp/517PS), a top speed of 191mph (302km/h) and a 0-62mph (0-100km/h) time of 4.3 seconds.

(The point of this thread is the introduction of the new color for MY 2008)

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

omicron

SVT666

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TheIntrepid

I can't even begin to comprehend how anyone could find this car unattractive, or daresay "hideous".

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

oilfilter

This car is hideous.
I'd rather take a GT-R over this bucket of bolts.

SVT666

There has never been a more beautiful shape ever created in the automotive world.  The current Astons are just so much sexier then anything ever made.

Nethead

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 28, 2007, 07:45:52 AM
Aston Martin unveiled the most eagerly anticipated car of the year the new DBS at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on August 16th, where the company took a starring role as the featured marque.

Aston Martin Chief Executive Officer, Dr Ulrich Bez, said: "The DBS is the ultimate expression of Aston Martin's engineering and technical ability. It offers pure performance without compromise.

"The DBS delivers the complete driving experience and bridges the gap between our road and track cars - the DB9 and DBR9."

Equally at home on a twisting mountain circuit as on the open road, the DBS is a true thoroughbred. The Aston Martin DBS is a 6.0-litre V12 powered, race-bred, two-seater shaped by the aerodynamic demands of high performance, with an exquisite interior that marries beautifully hand-finished materials with the very latest in performance technology.

A combination of elegant design, innovative manufacturing processes, race-derived materials and components and Aston Martin's unrivalled hand-build expertise makes the DBS a luxury sports car without equal. Every line, crease and curve conveys the enormous potential of the DBS, a seductive blend of refinement and raw power, provided by the hand-built V12 producing 380kW (510bhp/517PS), a top speed of 191mph (302km/h) and a 0-62mph (0-100km/h) time of 4.3 seconds.

(The point of this thread is the introduction of the new color for MY 2008)

IntrepiDude's best posting ever--great pics and article!  :ohyeah:
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on November 28, 2007, 11:13:59 AM
IntrepiDude's best posting ever--great pics and article!  :ohyeah:
I think that's a backhanded compliment. :rockon:

JYODER240

I still think the standard DB9 looks better.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

r0tor

if i had to choose a daily driver of my dreams, this would be it...
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FordSVT

Excuse me while I go get some Kleenex to clean up my mess! The worst part about this car is that I can't afford one.  :cry:

Quote from: oilfilter on November 28, 2007, 10:29:32 AM
This car is hideous.
I'd rather take a GT-R over this bucket of bolts.

You posted the exact same words in another thread about the Aston, run out of ideas already?

Lazerous

Is that really a new color for Aston? How about my sig which I have had for ages?

SVT666

Quote from: Lazerous on November 28, 2007, 12:48:00 PM
Is that really a new color for Aston? How about my sig which I have had for ages?
It looks brighter, but I could be wrong.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 28, 2007, 11:27:33 AM
I still think the standard DB9 looks better.

I agree.

It happens. Just like how the normal Corvette looks better than the Z06 or how the normal Miata looked better than the Mazdaspeed Miata.

The excessive scoopery and wagon wheels don't make it look better.

Raza

I still don't like it.  The Vanquish had a much nicer shape and much nicer detailing.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CALL_911

I'll take a 911 GT3, or even a Turbo over this every day of the week.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CALL_911 on November 28, 2007, 02:39:52 PM
I'll take a 911 GT3, or even a Turbo over this every day of the week.

I'll take an AUdi V8 Quattro over all of those every day of the week, plus Sunday!

Raghavan

THIS is the car I would drive cross country. It looks like such a good high speed cruiser.
Though I do like the color of the car in Top Gear more.

CJ

That car is so hot in that color.

LonghornTX

Incredible....

Definitely better looking than the DB9 or Vanquish IMO.  The Vanquish always looked "tall" to me and the DB9, while an extraordinarily beautiful car in its own right, looks more plebian than the DBS.

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Minpin

I don't really like this car. The wheels look too big and they don't really seem to go. The hood has a bunch of holes in it, and this looks like a normal red to me. Did Aston not have a red before, or did they feel the need for a "new" red? Give me a DB9.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Raghavan

Quote from: Minpin on November 28, 2007, 06:48:31 PM
I don't really like this car. The wheels look too big and they don't really seem to go. The hood has a bunch of holes in it, and this looks like a normal red to me. Did Aston not have a red before, or did they feel the need for a "new" red? Give me a DB9.
You're wrong. This car is awesome.

I'd take it over a V8 Vantage. :mask:

thewizard16

It's gorgeous. I truly don't understand how someone can't like it, but hey, everyone has differing opinions/views.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

FordSVT

Quote from: Raghavan on November 28, 2007, 03:43:19 PM
THIS is the car I would drive cross country. It looks like such a good high speed cruiser.
Though I do like the color of the car in Top Gear more.

I would kick a homeless man to be able drive that car 1000 miles cross country in ten hours.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FordSVT on November 28, 2007, 08:41:26 PM
I would kick a homeless man to be able drive that car 1000 miles cross country in ten hours.

I would kick a homeless man and steal his can of money so I can put some gas in the Audi and drive it 1000 miles cross country in nine hours.

Lazerous

Quote from: FordSVT on November 28, 2007, 08:41:26 PM

I would steal the homeless man's cigarettes and beer, even though I neither smoke nor drink, and I would make fun of him for ebing homeless and then I would proceed to kicking him just so I could drive this car.

oilfilter

Quote from: FordSVT on November 28, 2007, 11:44:07 AM
Excuse me while I go get some Kleenex to clean up my mess! The worst part about this car is that I can't afford one.  :cry:

You posted the exact same words in another thread about the Aston, run out of ideas already?

Hahahaha, I was merely trying to troll; but it seems you are the only one who bit.

But seriously, current Astons are way too similar, and it looks like it's their designer who has run out of ideas. I dont like some aspects of the design of the Aston...the doors for instance appear to be too large and the windows too small. I liked the DB9 when it first came out, but it doesn't look anything special now.

Besides, these things look good stationary, but in real life, when mobile, a Porsche or a Ferrari looks way better. Astons look good in brochures....that's about it.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Lazerous on November 28, 2007, 08:44:03 PM
I would steal the homeless man's cigarettes and beer, even though I neither smoke nor drink, and I would make fun of him for ebing homeless and then I would proceed to kicking him just so I could drive this car.
:hesaid:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide