Infa Red Aston DBS

Started by TheIntrepid, November 28, 2007, 07:45:52 AM

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=12222.msg658803#msg658803 date=1196285852
I still don't like it.  The Vanquish had a much nicer shape and much nicer detailing.

I agree that the Vanquish is a better design overall. I still like this one, though.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TBR

I never liked the Vanquish, but then I don't believe I've ever seen one in person. This DBS, on the otherhand, is wonderful. The DB9 always seemed graceful, but not aggressive.

omicron

Quote from: FordSVT on November 28, 2007, 11:44:07 AM
Excuse me while I go get some Kleenex to clean up my mess! The worst part about this car is that I can't afford one.  :cry:

You posted the exact same words in another thread about the Aston, run out of ideas already?

Not only those two threads, but also the 427ci GTS thread, and the Boxster one.

Poor Oily needs a top-up. :partyon:

oilfilter

Raza

Quote from: TBR on November 28, 2007, 10:12:52 PM
I never liked the Vanquish, but then I don't believe I've ever seen one in person. This DBS, on the otherhand, is wonderful. The DB9 always seemed graceful, but not aggressive.

I pulled a muscle when I saw one in person the first time.  I gave myself whiplash.

Although, it's a horrible value.  Shit transmission (unless you take it to the factory customizers and get a manual installed for some exorbitant amount) and performance that really doesn't move beyond the DB9's.  Of course, people don't buy these cars for value. 

The DB7, especially the GT model, still looks better than the lot of them.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

Quote from: Raza  on November 30, 2007, 07:59:42 AM
I pulled a muscle when I saw one in person the first time.  I gave myself whiplash.

Although, it's a horrible value.  Shit transmission (unless you take it to the factory customizers and get a manual installed for some exorbitant amount) and performance that really doesn't move beyond the DB9's.  Of course, people don't buy these cars for value. 

The DBS comes with a manual...

Raza

Quote from: Raghavan on November 30, 2007, 10:28:30 PM
The DBS comes with a manual...

Good thing I wasn't talking about the DBS...

:confused:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

deesea

Quote from: Raza  on November 28, 2007, 02:37:32 PM
I still don't like it.  The Vanquish had a much nicer shape and much nicer detailing.

but the vanquish seemed awkward at certain angles of the front. Something just didn't seem right, The grill clashed with the curvature of the lights. It was just awkward.
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

TBR

Quote from: Raza  on November 30, 2007, 07:59:42 AM

True that, I still remember trying to convince you get one of the 6-cylinder DB7s, but you were worried it would attract too much attention.

Tave

Quote from: oilfilter on November 28, 2007, 08:58:02 PM
But seriously, current Astons are way too similar, and it looks like it's their designer who has run out of ideas...

Besides, these things look good stationary, but in real life, when mobile, a Porsche or a Ferrari looks way better. Astons look good in brochures....that's about it.

Hmm, yeah, porsche's look nothing like one another :rolleyes:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raza

Quote from: deesea on December 01, 2007, 09:29:00 AM
but the vanquish seemed awkward at certain angles of the front. Something just didn't seem right, The grill clashed with the curvature of the lights. It was just awkward.

Still better looking than the DBS.  Look at that fiddly bumper, that "My Civic runs 12s on slicks and nitrous" hood; it's just not an elegant design.  And ugly may be okay for a Ferrari, but it's not okay for an Aston.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=12222.msg661477#msg661477 date=1196538502
Still better looking than the DBS.  Look at that fiddly bumper, that "My Civic runs 12s on slicks and nitrous" hood; it's just not an elegant design.  And ugly may be okay for a Ferrari, but it's not okay for an Aston.

That's what I thought when it first started being talked about. It looks good, but it looks tacky for an Aston.

Of course, I think the old DBS looked kind of tacky too, so maybe that's what they're going for.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

sandertheshark

Sweet baby Jesus, that's a sight.  Silly me - I thought only Ferraris and old Corvettes looked that good in red.