Dodge prices Challenger SRT-8

Started by ifcar, November 29, 2007, 07:46:32 AM

SVT666

Quote from: Vinsanity on December 03, 2007, 12:50:16 PM
Hopefully they do bring over a V6 Challenger before the end of next year. They can see themselves that most of the Chargers they sell have V6's in them. Heck, didn't they somehow decide to offer the 2.7 V6 in the Charger for 2007?

The 250hp 3.5 engine would be fine, since the V6 Mustang only has 210 hp, and I don't see the next V6 Camaro having anything bigger than the 255hp 3.6 engine (I don't think the 4.2 I6 is likely)
The next V6 Mustang is supposed to have the 3.5L with 265 hp, and the Camaro is rumoured to be getting a massaged version of the 3.6L that will produce 265-270 hp.

Raza

Quote from: NACar on December 03, 2007, 12:33:08 PM
Dodge is so full of themselves, and I just can't understand it. They NEED to bring out an affordable V6-model to compete with the Mustang, otherwise the whole Challenger line is going to F41L. How did the Mustangs start selling? The dealers got V-6's first.

Yeah, definitely.  The Mustang has survived so long because the base model has been desirable to certain people. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Raza  on December 03, 2007, 03:01:47 PM
Yeah, definitely.  The Mustang has survived so long because the base model has been desirable to certain people. 
Mainly the ladies.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Raza

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on December 03, 2007, 03:02:57 PM
Mainly the ladies.

Pretty much.  Who else would want a slow, floppy four seat convertible?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Raza  on December 03, 2007, 03:08:00 PM
Pretty much.  Who else would want a slow, floppy four seat convertible?
:huh:

Vinsanity

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 03, 2007, 01:14:07 PM
The next V6 Mustang is supposed to have the 3.5L with 265 hp, and the Camaro is rumoured to be getting a massaged version of the 3.6L that will produce 265-270 hp.

Wow. I hate to sound blasphemous, but the new crop of V6's are really threatening to make V8's irrelevent :mask:

edit: unless Ford significantly ups the power of the Mustang GT's V8...I'm actually not so worried about the Camaro; the smallest LSx makes what, 360 hp? :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: Vinsanity on December 03, 2007, 03:24:33 PM
Wow. I hate to sound blasphemous, but the new crop of V6's are really threatening to make V8's irrelevent :mask:

edit: unless Ford significantly ups the power of the Mustang GT's V8...I'm actually not so worried about the Camaro; the smallest LSx makes what, 360 hp? :lol:
The next Mustang V8 is rumoured to be in the 350-375 hp range. 

FordSVT

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 29, 2007, 10:58:51 AM
I still can not understand why someone would put a down payment on a car like this without test driving it first.

Well, if you're already in love with the concept and the looks, you could just take an SRT-8 Charger or 300C for a spin, they're probably very similar.

But I agree in general with your statement.

SVT666

Quote from: FordSVT on December 04, 2007, 12:27:04 PM
Well, if you're already in love with the concept and the looks, you could just take an SRT-8 Charger or 300C for a spin, they're probably very similar.

But I agree in general with your statement.
Deposits are fully refundable, so......why not?

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

SVT666

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 04, 2007, 12:30:08 PM
Not always.
I have never seen a non-refundable deposit for cars.  Even the deposits for the GT500 were refundable.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 04, 2007, 12:58:44 PM
I have never seen a non-refundable deposit for cars.  Even the deposits for the GT500 were refundable.

Many times there is a hefty cancellation fee.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Nethead

So many stairs...so little time...

Gotta-Qik-C7

Yawn

Finally something other than the Mustang on the road.. I was getting quite bored

ChrisV

Quote from: Yawn on December 05, 2007, 06:43:23 PM
Finally something other than the Mustang on the road.. I was getting quite bored

really? Out of millions of cars on the road, you ONLY see Mustangs? Must be really popular where you live, eh?

:lol:
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Nethead

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on December 05, 2007, 06:38:01 PM
Fixed!  :ohyeah:

It's a damned miracle! Gotta-Extinct-Z28 is actually correct for the first time in his life--assuming you want to trade what won out as the greatest offroad vehicle of the last century, according to a panel of offroad racers, engineers, automotive corporate execs, and offroad editors. Actually, it won the title as the Greatest Offroad Vehicle of All Time, but that was early in this century so the Nethead here qualifies that as really only applicable to the last century. The early Bronco was picked over the AM General Humvee (the REAL Hummer), all European offroad vehicles (Galandewagen, Cayenne, et al), all Japanese offroad vehicles, and certainly over all other domestic offroad vehicles. A lot of good was said about most of the other competitors--well, the foreign offroad vehicles anyway--but when it came down to what vehicle on the planet had the most features that make an offroad vehicle great regardless of price, the early Bronco came out on top when the points each vehicle scored were tallied up. They coulda saved a lot of time, effort, and money by just asking the Nethead here--I already knew what the result would be before the panel of experts convened.

But if it's a pavement vehicle you seek, the Mustang is much better on the pavement than the early Bronco. 'Smart of you to figure that out! 

SVT666

Hemi Fever Blooms

Something has muscle cars fans squealing like teenage girls at a Hannah Montana concert. Judging by the reaction to the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8, which in the first DAY of orders, more than 4,300 people plunked down a deposit, it must be this all-American muscle coupe.
And more than 6,000 have made deposits with dealers since orders opened on Monday, months before the limited-edition Challenger SRT8 goes into production.

"This is unprecedented," said Mark Mallie, Challenger Brand Manager ? Dodge Marketing. "Customers were actually coming to us and pushing us, so we thought this was a good time to take pre-sale orders."

Orders are still coming in ? long before enthusiasts have even seen the car. They?ll have to wait until the production Dodge Challenger SRT8 makes its debut at the Chicago Auto Show next February. But there?s no surprise about the benchmark performance of the Challenger SRT8.

Each is powered by a 6.1-liter HEMI V-8, and features a numbered dash plaque, plus dual ?carbon-fiber? hood stripes that harken back to the original Dodge Challenger. The car is available in black, silver or HEMI orange.

"More than half of the orders are HEMI Orange," Mallie said. "It?s been almost 35 years since the last Challenger, and there's a lot of interest. It's certainly an iconic muscle car."

The manufacturer's suggested retail price is $37,995, including a $675 destination fee. Remember ? this is an SRT, delivering top-of-the-line performance, world-class ride and handling, benchmark braking and a race-inspired interior.

Pricing on the rest of the lineup will be announced at a later date.

sportyaccordy

I hope they come out with a hybrid version. Maybe a turbodiesel 4 cylinder

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 06, 2007, 02:44:44 PM
I hope they come out with a hybrid version. Maybe a turbodiesel  Vee-8 cylinder with a 200kW electric motor

:rockon:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Nethead

Quote from: NACar on December 06, 2007, 02:47:15 PM
I hope they come out with a hybrid version. Maybe a turbodiesel  Vee-8 cylinder with a 200kW electric motor

:rockon:

Much, much better!  Any word on the curb weight?

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on December 06, 2007, 06:22:05 AM
really? Out of millions of cars on the road, you ONLY see Mustangs? Must be really popular where you live, eh?

:lol:

He lives in a Ford dealership.  In a Mustang.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza  on December 10, 2007, 04:08:51 PM
He lives in a Ford dealership.  In a Mustang.

Who do you think he is, Nethead?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Nethead

Quote from: Raza  on December 03, 2007, 03:01:47 PM

RazDude's correct. Next Spring it'll be nine million certain people and counting...