New Knight Rider TV show...New KITT too!

Started by SVT666, December 03, 2007, 01:32:29 PM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 03, 2007, 07:03:36 PM
1. You must have never seen a CRX tarted up with full Mugen aerodynamic enhancements...

2. The accelerative force (actually the time derivative of that force) from the cam changeover would be more than enough for time travel, while getting better gas mileage than the Trans Am, further adding to the life of the show...

You mean the Jerk?

Naww, that aint how it works. The vehicle has to cross a finite  amount of gravitational flux in a set period define by the discharge rate of the flux capacitor at in order to charge the flux capacitor.

Theoretically though, 88 MPH would be a variable dependant on your current position on the earth's surface relative to magnetic north.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

The Pirate

Quote from: JYODER240 on December 03, 2007, 08:32:39 PM
this should be the next KITT

:confused:

Why the hell would KITT be a Cooper S with no wheels??

:lol:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

r0tor

this thread just made me throw up in my mouth...

a black Z06 is the perfect new KITT
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Michael Estorol

Nissan has come out with a version of VVL that varies the amount of lift infinitesimally. Imagine VTEC, but instead of 2 cams, you have an infinite amount, from near zero lift to max. Honda may be coming out with this system as well.

For posterity's sake, please note that MG Rover had a mechanically-operated infinitely-variable lift and duration system (via eccentric discs) in production back in 1993.  The Lotus Elise was one of the beneficiaries.

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/thecar/engine/vvc2.pdf

sandertheshark

Quote from: r0tor on December 04, 2007, 05:50:37 AM
this thread just made me throw up in my mouth...

a black Z06 is the perfect new KITT
I think you're right.  It would be even better than a Trans-Am based off the new Camaro.