Best Car Quote

Started by 2o6, December 07, 2007, 07:19:17 AM

2o6

Simpsons:

Homer: I want my car Fixed with quality GM parts!
Mechanic: Sir, your car was made in croatia, it's made from old soviet tanks.

--------------

Lame, but was all I could think of.

(edited, thanks iffy)

ifcar

The actual second part of the quote is "it's made from old Soviet tanks."

Soup DeVille

"If you're always in control, you're not going fast enough,"
-Mario Andretti

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

etypejohn

Franco: [about their Ferrari] How's the bambina?
Smith: She's a-fulla gas, she's-a wait for you!
Franco: Hey, you make a good Italian!

2o6

Quote from: ifcar on December 07, 2007, 07:50:52 AM
The actual second part of the quote is "it's made from old Soviet tanks."

Thanks...couldn't remember the last part.

The Pirate

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."

-Mark Donohue
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SVT666

"Too much power is just right" - Hemi666

Soup DeVille

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines," Enzo Ferrari

"What pisses me off...I seen all this shit on the wall at night 10 years ago in my dreams. That voice seemed like it blew back at me at 100 mph. Moveable walls, concrete tracks, fueling by computer, air jacks 'stead of the 30 pound sledge hammers they use, mandatory retirement age, etc. When the hell they goona get rid of the fucking restrictor plate and go to smaller engines? Don't give me that horseshit answer that you can killed in a bathtub. It's this simple: whoever's running NASCAR has got his head up his ass. Course that's just an old racers opinion. Some of these things Billy, remind me of a kid who played with his peter too much when he was little."- Smokey Yunick to Bill France Jr.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

280Z Turbo

"Love cars, love people, love life."

-Yutaka Katayama, the first president of Nissan Motor Company U.S.A.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on December 07, 2007, 08:23:48 PM
"Love cars, love people, love life."

-Yutaka Katayama, the first president of Nissan Motor Company U.S.A.

Oh yeah? Well I got a quote from a President of Audi, which is obviously superior to Nisson...

Johan De Nysschen, Audi of America's Executive Vice President said about Audi's Q7:

"The sportiest utility vehicle will no longer be sold at Porsche dealerships."

"The all-new Q7 is truly making the impossible possible in the luxury SUV segment. Its combination of dynamic performance, versatility, innovative technology and luxurious appointments is unparalleled."

:mask: :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

"?Detroit is beginning to understand that there are just a hell of a lot of these bad kids in the United States and they are growing up. And they want a better car. They don?t want an old man?s car.? -

Tom Wolfe in The Kandy Kolored Tangerine-Flake Steramlined Baby

(Required reading for anybody claiming to be a car nut)

Payman

(Talking about the sound of the Ferrari F430) "In literal terms, it's something like two straight-piped Hayabusas drag racing through the Sydney Opera House".

-Ezra Dyer, Automobile Magazine

:rockon:

Soup DeVille

"Auto Racing is boring, except when a car is going at least 172 MPH upside down."- Dave Barry

Raza

"If you ain't first, you're last."
-Reese Bobby
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

"Mr. Douglas, do I now detect a note of timidity?"
"Keep an eye on your friend in the Bug, my dear, I'm going to squash it."

-Peter Thorndyke

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raza

"A man with priorities so far out of whack doesn't deserve such a fine automobile."

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

J86

SVT666

"If I won the lottery I would buy 9 Dodge Vipers" - Brent Butt (Canadian comedian)

GoCougs

Best car quote EVER:

"It's got a cop motor, a 440-cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. So what do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"

sandertheshark

Enzo Ferrari, when told (shortly before winning the 1951 British Grand Prix) that his choice of switching to naturally aspirated engines wasn't the smartest decision:
"Perhaps.  But we at Scuderia Ferrari are not about the smart thing to do."

93JC

Quote from: Raza  on December 08, 2007, 06:58:53 PM
"A man with priorities so far out of whack doesn't deserve such a fine automobile."

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

"Ferris, my dad loves this car more than life itself."

:lol:

Quote from: GoCougs on December 10, 2007, 12:47:23 PM
Best car quote EVER:

"It's got a cop motor, a 440-cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. So what do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"

:nono:

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."

Eye of the Tiger

I wanna go fast.
-Ricky Bobby

I'm not sure what to do with my hands.
-Ricky Bobby

I'm Ricky Bobby. If you don't chew Big Red, then fuck you.
-Ricky Bobby
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on December 10, 2007, 06:42:27 PM
I wanna go fast.
-Ricky Bobby

-Ricky Bobby

-Ricky Bobby

"America is all about speed; hot, nasty, badass speed- Eleanor Roosevelt 1936

(as purposely misquote by Ricky Bobby)

Raza

Quote from: Payman on December 07, 2007, 09:57:14 PM
(Talking about the sound of the Ferrari F430) "In literal terms, it's something like two straight-piped Hayabusas drag racing through the Sydney Opera House".

-Ezra Dyer, Automobile Magazine

:rockon:

Don't bring that fucker up around me again. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: NACar on December 10, 2007, 06:42:27 PM
I wanna go fast.
-Ricky Bobby

-Ricky Bobby

-Ricky Bobby

That settles it.  I'm watching that tonight. 

On Blu Ray!

I hope I have it with me.

EDIT:  I do!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on December 10, 2007, 09:29:40 PM
Don't bring that fucker up around me again. 

Ezra Dyer, Ezra Dyer, Ezra Dyer, Ezra Dyer, Ezra Dyer!!!!!

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 10, 2007, 09:30:46 PM
Ezra Dyer, Ezra Dyer, Ezra Dyer, Ezra Dyer, Ezra Dyer!!!!!

Sleep with both eyes open.  Sleep while you're awake. 

This world is no longer safe for you.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on December 10, 2007, 09:31:59 PM
Sleep with both eyes open.  Sleep while you're awake. 

This world is no longer safe for you.

"Some journalists work for years before they get their own column. All Ezra Dyer '99 had to do was ask.

A former writer for the Echo, Dyer was painting houses in Maine when he saw an ad in The Boston Globe for a job opening at The Improper Bostonian, an 80,000-circulation free magazine for 20-somethings. "I applied to be features editor or something like that that I had no shot of getting," Dyer said. "But I sent in a bunch of Colby Echo articles and I got a call from the publisher and I went in to see him and he said, 'I didn't want you to come in to talk about the features editor position because, honestly, you're right out of school and you've never even done anything like that.' But he said, 'What would you ideally like to do down the road?' I said, 'Well, I'd like to do what I have been doing, basically what I was doing for the Echo, have a column like that.' He said, 'Okay, I'll give you a column.'"

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 10, 2007, 09:50:16 PM
"Some journalists work for years before they get their own column. All Ezra Dyer '99 had to do was ask.

A former writer for the Echo, Dyer was painting houses in Maine when he saw an ad in The Boston Globe for a job opening at The Improper Bostonian, an 80,000-circulation free magazine for 20-somethings. "I applied to be features editor or something like that that I had no shot of getting," Dyer said. "But I sent in a bunch of Colby Echo articles and I got a call from the publisher and I went in to see him and he said, 'I didn't want you to come in to talk about the features editor position because, honestly, you're right out of school and you've never even done anything like that.' But he said, 'What would you ideally like to do down the road?' I said, 'Well, I'd like to do what I have been doing, basically what I was doing for the Echo, have a column like that.' He said, 'Okay, I'll give you a column.'"

I've said my piece.  Vengeance will be ridiculously beyond what is deemed necessary.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on December 10, 2007, 09:57:12 PM
I've said my piece.  Vengeance will be ridiculously beyond what is deemed necessary.

What, does something about the though of a talentless hack just being given a dream job because he asks for one annoy you somehow?