GTCC #115

Started by 93JC, July 06, 2005, 05:08:26 PM

93JC

QuoteI'm thinking it's not a new, currently produced model?  You usually make us dig into the past.
It's not new and currently produced, no. The design features present in the picture, such as the door handles and pinstriping, should have been indicative of that.

Don't assume, because it isn't currently produced, that it was ever produced at all.  ;)

93JC

QuoteAstro
Nope.

Rupert

GM EV1?

BTW, I'm not sure what's worse: Your sig, or the fact that I know where that's from... ;)  :lol:  
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

93JC

Not an EV1, and that quote kicks ass. Up there with:

"You guys like Italian?"
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"I love Italian, and so do you."
"Yes."

Raghavan

TBR

I can picture the rest of the vehicle, I just can't remember the name. Let me check a scrap book I made in the mid 1990s.  

93JC

QuoteDodge caravan?
No.

mazda6er

QuoteDon't assume, because it isn't currently produced, that it was ever produced at all.  ;)
So this was a concept car, apparently?   <_<  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

Didn't find it, but it is almost certainly from the late '80s or early '90s, is probably a concept, and, if I had to guess, is a Plymouth, Chrysler, or Mitsubishi.  

93JC

QuoteDon't assume, because it isn't currently produced, that it was ever produced at all.  ;)
You are wise beyond your years, grasshopper.

mazda6er

QuoteDon't assume, because it isn't currently produced, that it was ever produced at all.? ;)
You are wise beyond your years, grasshopper.
Just making sure.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

93JC

Now, if you can figure it out, you're gold.

Secret Chimp

SHIT PIES LOOK BELOW

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Secret Chimp

JEEP CONCEPT 1
GODDAMMIT

shayslay

QuoteJEEP CONCEPT 1
GODDAMMIT
Good work!
-impReza

2004 Acura RSX-S

Secret Chimp

shayslay

We've been going through GTCCs like a drug addict through cocaine lately.  :D (really bad analogy)
-impReza

2004 Acura RSX-S

Secret Chimp

I spent a good hour doing Google variations of "vertical door handles coupe -350Z -Xterra", and I end up with a friggin Jeep concept.

93JC

:rockon:

'89 concept that (obviously) was the basis of the '93 Grand Cherokee. Much of it had been designed by Larry Shinoda (of BOSS Mustang fame) as early as 1984. Shinoda had, in fact, made a clay mock-up of the at-the-time Cherokee replacement in 1985.

93JC

Shinoda's '85 mock-up: