My First Time

Started by TheIntrepid, December 28, 2007, 04:30:50 PM

bing_oh

Quote from: dazzleman on December 29, 2007, 10:42:29 PM
You get points for honesty, man.... :ohyeah:

Any honest LEO will tell you that one of the best parts of this job is running code to a hot call. There's absolutely nothing in the world like it! It's that kind of excitement that becomes addictive enough to make me look forward to going to work every night.

Even better if it's running hot to a fight call. Lights and sirens with a possibility of a little rumble at the end...HOT DAMN I love this job sometimes!

That and, um, you know...helping the public and serving the community. All that kinda jazz, too. Yeah. :huh:

Catman

Quote from: bing_oh on December 29, 2007, 10:48:54 PM
Any honest LEO will tell you that one of the best parts of this job is running code to a hot call. There's absolutely nothing in the world like it! It's that kind of excitement that becomes addictive enough to make me look forward to going to work every night.

Even better if it's running hot to a fight call. Lights and sirens with a possibility of a little rumble at the end...HOT DAMN I love this job sometimes!

That and, um, you know...helping the public and serving the community. All that kinda jazz, too. Yeah. :huh:

I do miss patrol a bit but not enough to drop what I'm doing now.  We've gone through a pretty bad lawsuit this year that put a damper on much of the excitement.  :frown:

dazzleman

Quote from: Catman on December 29, 2007, 11:06:36 PM
I do miss patrol a bit but not enough to drop what I'm doing now.  We've gone through a pretty bad lawsuit this year that put a damper on much of the excitement.  :frown:

I imagine that's had a pretty bad effect on overall morale.  That's really a shame.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

sparkplug

Quote from: Catman on December 29, 2007, 11:06:36 PM

I'm curious about this one. hmmm....
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

BENZ BOY15

My first time was around the start of 11th grade, I was 16. I was driving in the Suburban to a party around 12am and the party was by my HS. Well, there's a four-way stop at the top of this hill and I pulled a 'California Roll', or a 'No cop, no stop'. Well, there actually WAS a cop lurking down the dirt road to the nursery behind our HS.  I guess he follows me about .75 miles to the party and I turn on the road where the party is go down towards the end and then I see flashing cop lights in my mirror. I didn't even entertain the idea that it was because of me, I thought it was for the party. Crap, I thought....I missed a good one. Oh well, let me DRIVE OFF and go home and go over to my friends house and smoke some weed. Well, the cop didn't like the fact that I drove off. He flashes the search light into the Suburban, gets on the PA and says "make the turn onto Santa Fe (a main road) and PULL OVER!". I was so scared, I almost had a heart attack. I do as told and he RUNS up to my window and is really, really mad. He takes the flashlight and flashes it all around my car. Too bad I didn't have anything in there except for my xanax, which was mine (he was pissed when I showed him the bottle). Then, he tells me I'm speeding and I ran the stop sign but I'm puzzled as to why he followed me almost a mile. Then he calls my parents, gets in an argument with my dad, asks him "do you know how to discipline him, or should I?" in a mocking tone.

Then I couldn't find my registration, which was at the house. He accuses of me having a FAKE DRIVERS LICENSE. Why? Because my hair was shoulder length in the pic and now it was pretty short. And why would it be fake? I was a minor on the card and even at 18, people still don't believe I'm 18.

It was scary, my hands were SHAKING...I almost couldn't even drive. I think it was because he interrogated me about where I was going, why I was going there, etc. Why do you fucking care?!

He was really mad about the Xanax, even looking up to see that I had the right strength. Too bad I did and I was quite the Xanax and general pill addict at that time and he didn't find the 2mg xanax bars and assorted pain killers at my house. I would have been fucked over if I had those on me, it's somewhat of a felony.

I had to get some mexican food to cure my stress and I did, and when I got home I thought my dad would kill me. On the phone, it sounded as if I had been driving drunk and ran over a kid and his dog and then drove off. So I walk in the door and my parents at almost 1AM are sitting stone faced on the couch. I thought, "Shit, I'm fucked", I walk into the kitchen and then they just burst out laughing, saying, "it's okay...etc, at least you're not as bad as your mother!"....my mom's had a colorful history with speeding tickets.

And then my dad and I shared a glass of white wine by the fire and he gave me the 'dad talk' about not running stop signs and not speeding and that, although the cop was more than a little crazy, I shouldn't do it.

BENZ BOY15

And I've had quite a few run-ins with the cops since. Two times for running stop signs, four for speeding (two in CT) and one for talking on a cell phone (another bullshit east coast thing). Yet, I've never gotten  a ticket. And two of those times, the cops found weed but just took it, probably for themselves.

The CT, I was going TWENTY in a 15 and I got pulled over twice. I guess there isn't much crime in Darien, CT. Then I get on a phone RIGHT NEXT to the cop at a light and look over for whatever reason and he makes the 'pull over' sign and I'm truly puzzled as to why. He asks me if I know what I did, and I said I was probably speeding. He laughs and says, no, you were talking on your cell phone. I tell him I'm from San Diego and he seemed to understand and told me not to do it again and not to speed, as he laughs his way back to the car. He thought it was funny because I answered the phone as I was looking at him.

I figured that I won't be lucky forever and as I don't smoke weed nearly as much, I don't carry illegal substances in my car.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 13, 2008, 02:15:09 AM
And I've had quite a few run-ins with the cops since. Two times for running stop signs, four for speeding (two in CT) and one for talking on a cell phone (another bullshit east coast thing). Yet, I've never gotten  a ticket. And two of those times, the cops found weed but just took it, probably for themselves.

The CT, I was going TWENTY in a 15 and I got pulled over twice. I guess there isn't much crime in Darien, CT. Then I get on a phone RIGHT NEXT to the cop at a light and look over for whatever reason and he makes the 'pull over' sign and I'm truly puzzled as to why. He asks me if I know what I did, and I said I was probably speeding. He laughs and says, no, you were talking on your cell phone. I tell him I'm from San Diego and he seemed to understand and told me not to do it again and not to speed, as he laughs his way back to the car. He thought it was funny because I answered the phone as I was looking at him.

I figured that I won't be lucky forever and as I don't smoke weed nearly as much, I don't carry illegal substances in my car.

You were driving around Tokeneke I assume. Cops hang out there all the time since that's where the richest people live and they seem to have the most say. I've been motioned to slow down there a couple of times, but never pulled over. Other than the communities on the water and the commercial areas in Darien, the cops do jack. I speed all I want everywhere else.

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on January 13, 2008, 07:51:59 AM

You were driving around Tokeneke I assume. Cops hang out there all the time since that's where the richest people live and they seem to have the most say. I've been motioned to slow down there a couple of times, but never pulled over. Other than the communities on the water and the commercial areas in Darien, the cops do jack. I speed all I want everywhere else.

That's pretty much how it is in Fairfield.  I speed all I want in most of the town, but there are a couple of spots where they set up traps occasionally.  I got a ticket once, from a trap they set up right near SBC.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 13, 2008, 02:01:02 AM
My first time was around the start of 11th grade, I was 16. I was driving in the Suburban to a party around 12am and the party was by my HS. Well, there's a four-way stop at the top of this hill and I pulled a 'California Roll', or a 'No cop, no stop'. Well, there actually WAS a cop lurking down the dirt road to the nursery behind our HS.  I guess he follows me about .75 miles to the party and I turn on the road where the party is go down towards the end and then I see flashing cop lights in my mirror. I didn't even entertain the idea that it was because of me, I thought it was for the party. Crap, I thought....I missed a good one. Oh well, let me DRIVE OFF and go home and go over to my friends house and smoke some weed. Well, the cop didn't like the fact that I drove off. He flashes the search light into the Suburban, gets on the PA and says "make the turn onto Santa Fe (a main road) and PULL OVER!". I was so scared, I almost had a heart attack. I do as told and he RUNS up to my window and is really, really mad. He takes the flashlight and flashes it all around my car. Too bad I didn't have anything in there except for my xanax, which was mine (he was pissed when I showed him the bottle). Then, he tells me I'm speeding and I ran the stop sign but I'm puzzled as to why he followed me almost a mile. Then he calls my parents, gets in an argument with my dad, asks him "do you know how to discipline him, or should I?" in a mocking tone.

Then I couldn't find my registration, which was at the house. He accuses of me having a FAKE DRIVERS LICENSE. Why? Because my hair was shoulder length in the pic and now it was pretty short. And why would it be fake? I was a minor on the card and even at 18, people still don't believe I'm 18.

It was scary, my hands were SHAKING...I almost couldn't even drive. I think it was because he interrogated me about where I was going, why I was going there, etc. Why do you fucking care?!

He was really mad about the Xanax, even looking up to see that I had the right strength. Too bad I did and I was quite the Xanax and general pill addict at that time and he didn't find the 2mg xanax bars and assorted pain killers at my house. I would have been fucked over if I had those on me, it's somewhat of a felony.

I had to get some mexican food to cure my stress and I did, and when I got home I thought my dad would kill me. On the phone, it sounded as if I had been driving drunk and ran over a kid and his dog and then drove off. So I walk in the door and my parents at almost 1AM are sitting stone faced on the couch. I thought, "Shit, I'm fucked", I walk into the kitchen and then they just burst out laughing, saying, "it's okay...etc, at least you're not as bad as your mother!"....my mom's had a colorful history with speeding tickets.

And then my dad and I shared a glass of white wine by the fire and he gave me the 'dad talk' about not running stop signs and not speeding and that, although the cop was more than a little crazy, I shouldn't do it.

No offense, but have you made ONE post that didn't have a reference to drugs? Just so you know, we don't think you're cool because you and your friends make bad decisions. ;)

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on January 13, 2008, 07:51:59 AM

Ya, you got it. That's where I was, both times. The cellphone was on the post road in front of the bagel shop.

dazzleman

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 13, 2008, 03:58:23 PM
Ya, you got it. That's where I was, both times. The cellphone was on the post road in front of the bagel shop.

I walk by that spot on the Post Road when I'm walking from the train station to the BMW of Darien dealership to pick up my car from being serviced.  It's a small world.

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: dazzleman on January 13, 2008, 04:47:40 PM
I walk by that spot on the Post Road when I'm walking from the train station to the BMW of Darien dealership to pick up my car from being serviced.  It's a small world.

Small world indeed. Darien is a beautiful, beautiful town especially the tokeneke/delafield island part of Darien.

Then again, I really like northern Darien towards new canaan. I love the old stone walls and the big, forested lots.

Darien is great, in face I'm going back in the spring and then again two or three times in the summer.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 13, 2008, 05:16:14 PM
Small world indeed. Darien is a beautiful, beautiful town especially the tokeneke/delafield island part of Darien.

Then again, I really like northern Darien towards new canaan. I love the old stone walls and the big, forested lots.

Darien is great, in face I'm going back in the spring and then again two or three times in the summer.

It is a great place to live. I'm a big fan of living in a forest, it's quite pleasant. Then if I get sick of the forest, I can drive 10 minutes south to a regular city  or 45 minutes south to one of the biggest in the world!