Anyone else seeing a buttload of new Chrysler/Dodge Minivans?

Started by 565, December 30, 2007, 10:53:13 PM

I'm guessing the whole siveling seats with the table in the middle must be hugely popular because I'm seeing these things everywhere.  I think the 2008 Accord was released around the same time and I seriously see 10 times more of these new mini vans than a super high seller like the new Accord.

Raghavan

Quote from: 565 on December 30, 2007, 10:53:13 PM
I'm guessing the whole siveling seats with the table in the middle must be hugely popular because I'm seeing these things everywhere.  I think the 2008 Accord was released around the same time and I seriously see 10 times more of these new mini vans than a super high seller like the new Accord.

I haven't seen any of the minivans yet, but couple of Accords so far.

GoCougs

I've seen exactly one - and it looks really, really, REALLY bad in person. The proportions A-pillar forward are seriously out of wack. I've seen lots of new Accords, however.

CALL_911

Yeah, but that's because I was at a rental-car shop recently. :lol: :lol:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

They remind me of the Venture proportionately speaking, but they look kinda squarish like the original.  Chrysler has seemed to go awfully retro as of late.  I saw it for the first time in September at the concours, following a Ford GT, of course.  Since then, I have seen a lot of them.  Good for Chrysler.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Laconian

Do a lot of tourists visit where you live? Because the only people I see driving Chryslers around here are the ones that have no choice besides what's left on the rental lot. :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

ifcar

I see them a lot. You're seeing a great number of them because Chrysler sold more minivans than anyone else even before the redesign, not because people are so enamored with the idea of rear-facing seats.

S204STi

I've seen just one.

FWIW I heard on the radio last friday that the Odyssey actually overtook the Chrysler products for most Minivan sales...Chrysler is in deep poodoo.

ifcar

Quote from: R-inge on December 31, 2007, 08:26:45 AM
I've seen just one.

FWIW I heard on the radio last friday that the Odyssey actually overtook the Chrysler products for most Minivan sales...Chrysler is in deep poodoo.

I don't think that's accurate. I think the Odyssey overtook the Grand Caravan, but not the combined Chrysler van sales.

S204STi

Quote from: ifcar on December 31, 2007, 08:42:38 AM
I don't think that's accurate. I think the Odyssey overtook the Grand Caravan, but not the combined Chrysler van sales.

Oh, maybe that was it.

CALL_911

Quote from: Laconian on December 31, 2007, 01:42:03 AM
Do a lot of tourists visit where you live? Because the only people I see driving Chryslers around here are the ones that have no choice besides what's left on the rental lot. :lol:

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 30, 2007, 11:07:48 PM
Yeah, but that's because I was at a rental-car shop recently. :lol: :lol:

:lol:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CJ

SVT666

TBR