HELP

Started by 850CSi, January 02, 2008, 11:46:19 PM

Danish

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 18, 2008, 11:45:51 PM
There's not even the one that came with your car?

Quote from: Danish on January 18, 2008, 11:38:23 PM
I should have known - your car doesn't come even come with a jack right? Because of that inflate tire thing?
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

850CSi

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 18, 2008, 11:45:51 PM
There's not even the one that came with your car?

Nope, since the tires are RFTs, apparently BMW didn't feel the need to include one.

I wouldn't know how to jack it up in the first place, a good portion of the bottom of the car is covered in plastic and I wouldn't wanna risk f*cking something up.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 850CSi on January 19, 2008, 12:02:28 AM
Nope, since the tires are RFTs, apparently BMW didn't feel the need to include one.

I wouldn't know how to jack it up in the first place, a good portion of the bottom of the car is covered in plastic and I wouldn't wanna risk f*cking something up.

I was under the impression a jack was required equipment with or without runflats, but that may be old info.

Anyways, your owner's manual will tell you where to jack the car up from.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

850CSi

Ah, stupid me. I'm going to check and see whether my mom's car or my sister's car have a jack. I WOULD rather change it myself (I've always wanted to change my own tire :lol:) and drive on it, perhaps I won't even need an alignment.

But the question still stands... I posted this concern on E90post, someone said that an independent shop might mess up the car's stock balance. Valid concern? Dealership charges bloody near $200 for an alignment, though, so I think I might take my chances regardless, perhaps find an independent shop that specializes in BMWs.

850CSi

BTW, how do I take the center cap off of my old wheel and put it on the new one?

Champ

Quote from: 850CSi on January 19, 2008, 12:11:59 AM
BTW, how do I take the center cap off of my old wheel and put it on the new one?
Pop it out from the back.  Usually push it with a screw driver or the lug wrench you are using.

Raza

Then buy a jack.  They sell them in stores.  It's not contraband.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: 850CSi on January 19, 2008, 12:11:59 AM

Shotgun.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

850CSi

Okay, I changed the wheel. Problem persists, I need to go get an alignment.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: 850CSi on January 19, 2008, 01:21:50 PM
Okay, I changed the wheel. Problem persists, I need to go get an alignment.

Just get an alignment. You hit the rear end hard enough to damage a wheel, I'd be surprised if everything is still square back there, funny feelings or not.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Champ

Any update?  Get an alignment yet?

850CSi

Nope, been at school the past two weeks. It may be a while, I don't know if I'm going to be able to get it in this weekend. I think I'm just going to have the dealership take care of it.

I'm really hoping just an alignment fixes it. In any case, I've been driving everywhere, including at highway speeds. It's fine, although I think having to compensate with the steering made driving on snowy roads today more difficult that it normally would be.

Champ

Don't hold out too long, it's a good way to ruin tires!

850CSi

Whew... Dodged a major bullet... Alignment ended up fixing it. Guess nothing was damaged in the suspension after all. Total cost of all repairs: $315. And now I have a 'spare'.

Champ