2009 Ram breaks through the gate!

Started by CJ, January 12, 2008, 01:58:15 PM

CJ

It looks pretty good, after a thorough look through.  The interior looks great.  It looks like this is an extremely functional truck.  Power is up, to.  380 HP and 403 lb. ft. of torque.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/12/detroit-2008-2009-dodge-ram-breaks-through-the-gate/

Eye of the Tiger

Looks the same as the current one, just prettier.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

GoCougs

The multi-link rear coil suspension is the real news.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

ifcar

It looks like a slightly uglier version of the 02-05, like they bypassed the current bloat-eye version completely.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

chevyguy06

The upper-scale version looks alot better, with the chrome grille and such. The tail-lights are fresh off the Silverado/Sierra though.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

Catman

Styling-wise I'm a bit neutral but it does look nice, not a home run.  What I like is the Ram Box on the side.  While it's a little distracting to look at it would be very cool to store all my mountain bike gear in there.

MX793

Quote from: ifcar on January 12, 2008, 02:54:54 PM
It looks like a slightly uglier version of the 02-05, like they bypassed the current bloat-eye version completely.

Kind of what I was thinking.  Looks a bit more like the gen before the current one.  Not a bad thing, IMO.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SVT666

I love it.   The Ram box looks cool too.  I didn't read the article because I don't have time, but the Quad cab looks like it's as big as the F-150's SuperCrew now.  That's a good thing.

TBR

The headlights are weird, they look sort of like the ones on the current Mustang, except bigger. Don't care for it, other than that it looks good though (and exactly like the current model...).

280Z Turbo

We get it! It has a Hemi! You think it's tough! There's some loser at Chrysler who sat at a desk for weeks trying to make the grille look as large as possible.

On the other hand, the interior looks better and the rear suspension is big news. It will be interesting to see how it performs.

the Teuton

I really like it.  I hope there's still a model with balls, though.  The new Silverado doesn't look beastly at all.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Submariner

Quite a classy looking truck, actually.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

ifcar

I think it looks great except for the forward-leaning front end, and the fact that the front end looks no newer than the 02.

S204STi

I like it.  The storage boxes on the sides of the bed will be useless however if you have a tonneau or a topper.

Catman

Quote from: ifcar on January 13, 2008, 09:03:51 AM
I think it looks great except for the forward-leaning front end, and the fact that the front end looks no newer than the 02.

I agree, it looks a bit odd.  The last model looked better, especially in the side profile.

Catman

Quote from: R-inge on January 13, 2008, 09:16:27 AM
I like it.  The storage boxes on the sides of the bed will be useless however if you have a tonneau or a topper.

Then you wouldn't get that option.

SVT666

I don't know that I like the dual exhausts exiting out the back.  That's kind of...redneck.  Other then that I love it.  I love the forward leaning grille too.  I was really worried about this redesign after seeing the new Dakota.

S204STi

Quote from: Catman on January 13, 2008, 10:31:36 AM
Then you wouldn't get that option.

Huh?  :lol:

I just realized it was an option when I was looking at the pics, lol.

giant_mtb

Although still great to look at, I think it's starting to look too much like the slab-sided, boring Chevy trucks.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 13, 2008, 12:33:59 PM
I don't know that I like the dual exhausts exiting out the back.  That's kind of...redneck.  Other then that I love it.  I love the forward leaning grille too.  I was really worried about this redesign after seeing the new Dakota.

It seems like about half of pickup drivers put aftermarket dual exhaust in the back, and the other half probably don't care either way. Dodge probably thought it made sense to do it like that from the factory.

I think it would look better if the hood and grille wasn't so artificially huge. There's probably twenty cubic feet of emtpy, useless space behind there. I know this is photoshop a little rough, but I don't think it would look any less like a truck if it just toned down the huge grille a few notches...

MX793

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 13, 2008, 12:33:59 PM

I wonder if the rear facing exhaust wasn't a result of the new multilink independant rear suspension.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Catman

TheIntrepid

Nick, that wouldn't work for one simple reason. I have a long car with a hood that points straight down, and sometimes it's really hard to judge the front distance when parking. In comparison, my Camry's hood goes straight across so you can see where it ends.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 13, 2008, 02:43:56 PM
Nick, that wouldn't work for one simple reason. I have a long car with a hood that points straight down, and sometimes it's really hard to judge the front distance when parking. In comparison, my Camry's hood goes straight across so you can see where it ends.

ever heard of curb feelers? :lol:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on January 13, 2008, 03:02:06 PM
ever heard of curb feelers? :lol:

No... but if it's some lame type of parking assist, I don't need it. I haven't hit anything yet, I'm just saying a low hood makes it hard to judge sometimes...

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 13, 2008, 03:06:42 PM
No... but if it's some lame type of parking assist, I don't need it. I haven't hit anything yet, I'm just saying a low hood makes it hard to judge sometimes...

they're like whiskers on a cat, except they'er on a car :lol:

CJ

You can't see the hood in the Accord.

Tave

They managed to keep the theme of the front end but cleaned-up the execution. A+ for the designer.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.