Test Drives

Started by TheIntrepid, January 17, 2008, 01:38:05 PM

Raza

Quote from: Minpin on January 19, 2008, 01:50:11 PM
:lol:
It does seem like she is always "getting" new cars doesn't it? Didn't she just get a civic?

Apparently that one developed some sort of fault (herpes) and she needs a new one. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Minpin

Quote from: Raza  on January 19, 2008, 01:56:58 PM
Apparently that one developed some sort of fault (herpes) and she needs a new one. 

Ohhhh, right, right some sort of "fault". Treps just lieing again isn't he?
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Minpin on January 19, 2008, 02:54:53 PM
Ohhhh, right, right some sort of "fault". Treps just lieing again isn't he?

Firstly learn to spell "lying". No I'm not lying. I'm not as fucking stupid and dense as you are.

My girlfriend's Civic was always a temporary car that she got pretty much free off her uncle until her parents decided to get her a nice car. Her younger cousin (the same uncle's son) has his license now so they need that Civic back. Therefore her parents are trying to get her a new car ASAP.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Minpin

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 19, 2008, 03:17:05 PM
Firstly learn to spell "lying". No I'm not lying. I'm not as fucking stupid and dense as you are.

My girlfriend's Civic was always a temporary car that she got pretty much free off her uncle until her parents decided to get her a nice car. Her younger cousin (the same uncle's son) has his license now so they need that Civic back. Therefore her parents are trying to get her a new car ASAP.

Right, like I said your lieing again.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

J86

Ya know, it's not nice to come down on people, but if you kids can't either stay civil or at least take your petty arguments to PM, then you really ought to all be banned; it's exceedingly tiresome to have these baltherings littering the forum.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: J86 on January 19, 2008, 03:33:23 PM
Ya know, it's not nice to come down on people, but if you kids can't either stay civil or at least take your petty arguments to PM, then you really ought to all be banned; it's exceedingly tiresome to have these baltherings littering the forum.

I agree with this. Am I not allowed to defend myself?

J86

If you feel like you're being attacked, be the bigger man, and simply ignore.

TBR

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 17, 2008, 05:50:48 PM
:confused:

I think the Bug was available with the 2.slow, the 1.9 TDI, and the 1.8T. This one had the fastest engine possible, and it was VERY unimpressive. No. Not a sleeper. Just a gay-mobile.

It was available with two versions of the 1.8t, one with 150hp (what you drove) and one with 180hp (also in the A4).

QuoteI was also supposed to drive a 2003 Acura 3.2 TL A-Spec (black with heavy window tint and a spoiler) except the battery was flat.

Impossible. A-spec was new for the 3rd gen TL which came out in 2004.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: J86 on January 19, 2008, 04:26:40 PM
If you feel like you're being attacked, be the bigger man, and simply ignore.

:praise:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: TBR on January 19, 2008, 05:11:41 PM
Impossible. A-spec was new for the 3rd gen TL which came out in 2004.

Actually it was new for 2007, but I meant Type-S anyhow. :mask:

TBR

No it wasn't. The Type S was new for 2007, A-spec was launched around the same time as the 3rd gen TL and consisted of a dealer installed body kit and suspenion kit.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: TBR on January 19, 2008, 10:48:46 PM
No it wasn't. The Type S was new for 2007, A-spec consisted of a dealer installed body kit and suspenion kit.

This in silver. Same body kit. Was it A-Spec or Type-S? I can't remember now

TBR

Actually, you were right all along, google tells me there was a Canada only 2003 Type S A-spec.
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/rp/03aspec.htm

TheIntrepid

Thanks. I wasn't too sure and since that one didn't start, I didn't pay much attention to it.

TBR

Sorry about that, I must admit that I don't pay much attention to Canada only versions of a car that I never did like. But, in the USA anyway, the A-spec didn't come until the 2004.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: TBR on January 19, 2008, 10:53:55 PM
Sorry about that, I must admit that I don't pay much attention to Canada only versions of a car that I never did like. But, in the USA anyway, the A-spec didn't come until the 2004.

What was that one with a body kit called in the US then? My dad's colleague in Atlanta has one in that electric blue...

TBR

I don't think it was really a model, just a dealer installed accessory.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: TBR on January 19, 2008, 10:55:37 PM
I don't think it was really a model, just a dealer installed accessory.

ok

AKL

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/rp/03aspec.htm

Well in Canada they actually offered the version of a 2003 Acura TL Type-S A-Spec

I admit I haven't seen one though. I've seen Type S's on the road though, just not "A-Spec" models.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

TBR

Oh really? That's the first I've heard of it.

No sarcasm there, I promise.

AKL

Quote from: TBR on January 19, 2008, 11:09:23 PM
Oh really? That's the first I've heard of it.

No sarcasm there, I promise.

I actually didn't notice you posted the same article above. My bad.  :tounge:

I didn't really know to. I always thought they sold a Type-S version only.
I think one of my friends sister bought it. I'm not sure what year though (if its 03 or 04). Since my friend is kind of to car-challenged to tell me  :rolleyes:
---------------------
---------------------

TBR

I figured as much. I've never heard of it either, it is really quite tacky looking imho.

AKL

Quote from: TBR on January 19, 2008, 11:14:04 PM
I figured as much. I've never heard of it either, it is really quite tacky looking imho.

Very tacky.
That generation of the TL never really had a good exterior appeal. It never really got off as being "upscale" looking. When Acura added the skirts and spoiler it just made it look worse.
---------------------
---------------------

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 18, 2008, 07:49:59 PM
Update:

Today we test drove a 5-speed manual 2006 Camry SE, and were both unimpressed.

Then we drove a Nissan 350Z, 2005. 6-speed, black on black. It was fucking AMAZING. Probably the most fun car I have ever driven. The shifter is short, and I like how quick the shifts are. This car had BALLS!!! The interior felt a bit cheap, but who gives a damn? It sounded so freaking SICK, and the driving position is abnormally low, like a rocketship. I loved it. Wow.

The 350Z is the best of the lot that you test-drove Trep.

Why bother with the Altima or the Beetle?  The Beetle is such a chick car that it has a tampon dispenser standard.  I'm surprised your balls didn't shrivel to the size of raisins just from the act of getting into the driver's side of that car.

Have you checked out the Infiniti version of the 350Z?  I checked one of them out a couple of years ago, and it was pretty cool.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: dazzleman on January 20, 2008, 06:20:44 AM
The 350Z is the best of the lot that you test-drove Trep.

Why bother with the Altima or the Beetle?  The Beetle is such a chick car that it has a tampon dispenser standard.  I'm surprised your balls didn't shrivel to the size of raisins just from the act of getting into the driver's side of that car.

Have you checked out the Infiniti version of the 350Z?  I checked one of them out a couple of years ago, and it was pretty cool.

Infiniti have a version of the 350Z?

ifcar

nickdrinkwater

ifcar

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 20, 2008, 08:49:34 AM
The G35 is identical to the Skyline, not the 350Z.

The 350Z isn't that identical, but it's the mechanically closest Nissan to the G35 in the US and it's definitely what he meant.

JYODER240

Quote from: Minpin on January 19, 2008, 03:25:00 PM
Right, like I said your lieing again.

The only thing more annoying than trep lying is when immature people constantly bring it up and ruin threads by bickering over it like 7th-grade girls.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

CALL_911

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 17, 2008, 01:38:05 PM
Second:
2000 Volkswagen Beetle GLS 1.8 Turbo
-This was driven under a dare by the girlfriend. IMO, what a LOUSY piece of shit. The stick shift was really loose and "baggy". The ergonomics were shit and it felt like I was in a fishbowl. I didn't like Volkswagen's sunroof operation switch or the 5 level seat heaters (I think it was leatherette). It was moderately powered; the 1.8T is a fabulous engine, but I like the 2.0T a lot better obviously.

That's funny, considering you drove an automatic Beetle. The pic of the speedo, tach, odometer, which you later took down had PRND321 on it.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi