Wich would you choose?

Hardtop
14 (48.3%)
Convertible
15 (51.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

JYODER240

Quote from: Tave on January 24, 2008, 12:09:50 PM
A sunroof at night? What are you on, crack?

His complaint is he doesn't like the heat. That's completely logical. You insulting him over it, on the other hand, is almost too much to believe.

Even on cooler days, glass windows heat an encolsed space, but that's beside the point.

Maybe, just maybe, HE LIKES TO DRIVE IN THE SHADE.

What's so crazy about a sunroof at night? When I had one I kept it open all time at night to let fresh air in.

I never said there was anything worng with not liking the heat, thats also why I said he could just pull the cover forward. A piece of cloth and plastic is not going to absorb so much heat that it's going to heat up the rest of the car.

If you would have read my previous posts you would have noticed that I was argueing his position on sunroofs because it was illogical. He never said he just likes to drive in the shade or that it isn't worth the money to him. All he talked about was the poor set-up in his car. If he would have said he doesn't like them because it's not worth the money or some other logic reason I would have left him alone.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

The Pirate

Drove home from work tonight, and had my sunroof open all the way.  I had the heat cranked, as it was probably 20?F out.  :praise:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

omicron

I want to spend time in a car with a proper sunroof so I know what it's like. The last sunroof I had the pleasure of experiencing was supposedly permanently sealed shut with windscreen sealant, until it rained and I got rather wet in the passenger seat.

Tave

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 24, 2008, 07:40:34 PM

What's so crazy about a sunroof at night? When I had one I kept it open all time at night to let fresh air in.

I would too, that's not the point.

QuoteI never said there was anything worng with not liking the heat, thats also why I said he could just pull the cover forward. A piece of cloth and plastic is not going to absorb so much heat that it's going to heat up the rest of the car.

He doesn't like the heat that a sunroof naturally lets in, the heat that exists soley because the sunroof exists; in other words, the heat of the sun; in other words, HE DOESN'T LIKE THE SUN ON HIM WHEN HE DRIVES.

Why on EARTH would someone buy a sunroof if they didn't like the sun on them while driving? HUH? They wouldn't. Your instance to "make" him buy one anyway and use it at "other times" is baffling. Okay, he doesn't like using a sunroof during the day, but that's not good enough for you? Now you want this complete stranger to drive around with a shade pulled over his sunroof, opening at odd times you tell him to?

:wtf:

QuoteIf you would have read my previous posts you would have noticed that I was argueing his position on sunroofs because it was illogical. He never said he just likes to drive in the shade or that it isn't worth the money to him. All he talked about was the poor set-up in his car. If he would have said he doesn't like them because it's not worth the money or some other logic reason I would have left him alone.

But does it really matter how good his reason was? Because this is what it turned into:

A: But I don't want a sunroof. I don't like them.

B: I don't care! You have to have one, because I don't think your reasons for not wanting one are good enough.

A: But I don't like them. I hate all that sun on me.

B: I don't care! You're going to buy one anyway and use it at times I think it's appropriate.

Regardless of the "service" you and Chris are trying to perform, you're looking like jerks.

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Minpin

Thanks Tave. I just have no more desire to argue with these two schmucks. Its worthless because obviously my opinion is wrong because I don't have good enough reasons to back it up.  :rolleyes:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

BMWDave

Quote from: Byteme on January 23, 2008, 08:27:41 AM
Yeah but it looks dorky.    :lol:

Not at all - tell me this looks dorky: :lol:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

Quote from: Raza  on January 23, 2008, 09:27:06 AM
Well, if you think that looks dorky, I should get a picture of my neighbor's car.  He handed off his A4 1.8T FronTrak convertible off to his high school aged stepson.  The stepson, being a suburban, Jewish, one-acre-plot gangster, tinted the windows, and put chrome rims on it.  Besides the rims looking ridiculous, who gets the windows on a convertible tinted?  Isn't that sort of contrary to the point?  I mean, it's like laying on the beach for a tan (something I have no experience doing mind you) in a jumpsuit and face mask.

:(  I know exactly what you're talking about, it's depressing seeing those.

2007 Honda S2000

JYODER240

Quote from: Tave on January 25, 2008, 09:56:34 AM
I would too, that's not the point.

He doesn't like the heat that a sunroof naturally lets in, the heat that exists soley because the sunroof exists; in other words, the heat of the sun; in other words, HE DOESN'T LIKE THE SUN ON HIM WHEN HE DRIVES.

Why on EARTH would someone buy a sunroof if they didn't like the sun on them while driving? HUH? They wouldn't. Your instance to "make" him buy one anyway and use it at "other times" is baffling. Okay, he doesn't like using a sunroof during the day, but that's not good enough for you? Now you want this complete stranger to drive around with a shade pulled over his sunroof, opening at odd times you tell him to?

:wtf:

But does it really matter how good his reason was? Because this is what it turned into:

A: But I don't want a sunroof. I don't like them.

B: I don't care! You have to have one, because I don't think your reasons for not wanting one are good enough.

A: But I don't like them. I hate all that sun on me.

B: I don't care! You're going to buy one anyway and use it at times I think it's appropriate.

Regardless of the "service" you and Chris are trying to perform, you're looking like jerks.

Why don't you go back and reread my posts so you can see what I was actually saying. I never said he should like sunroofs or that he needs to have one but thanks for putting words in my mouth. I said his reasons for not liking sunroofs were illogical, which they were. He only complained about the poor setup in his car and then applied that to all sunroofs. He made them sound like they were worthless because all they do is let heat in the car, which again isn't true. If you pull the shade forward it blocks the heat and stops the light from passing through. And like I said feeling the heat, the wind, etc is part of the driving experience. Being closed off from whats going on around you is isolation.

Like I said several times already everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if they're going to voice them on a public car forum they should atleast have logical reasons to back them up.

Cookie Monster

Hardtop FTW. I don't even like sunroofs. I rarely open the Accord's, and like Minpin, I just open the windows to get air.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

JYODER240

Quote from: BMWDave on January 26, 2008, 08:38:26 PM
:(  I know exactly what you're talking about, it's depressing seeing those.

When are you getting those Volks Dave? What color?

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 26, 2008, 09:52:07 PM

For some reason I just thought Dave was getting a Volkswagen. I was going to offer my condolences.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

JYODER240

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 26, 2008, 10:05:49 PM
For some reason I just thought Dave was getting a Volkswagen. I was going to offer my condolences.

You thought he was going to get a 17" Volkswagon LE37?

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 26, 2008, 10:05:49 PM

And I was going to ridicule you again, but more and more it's becoming boring even for me to point out how stupid you can be.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 26, 2008, 10:08:00 PM
You thought he was going to get a 17" Volkswagon LE37?

No no I hadn't seen his sig. I just saw you post "when are you getting the Volks".

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

2o6

What's wrong with a volkswagen? Certainly more exciting than an intrepid.

Cookie Monster

I asked him the same thing in the Chat thread. Didn't see what size he was getting them in.
17" is a good choice. :rockon:
BTW does anyone know what the difference between the LE37t and the TE37 is?
RWD > FWD
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

JYODER240

Quote from: thecarnut on January 26, 2008, 10:56:03 PM
I asked him the same thing in the Chat thread. Didn't see what size he was getting them in.

No idea. Personally I think the stock wheels on S2Ks look great but if I was going aftermarket I'd go with these Works:

Cookie Monster

I've been partial to the Enkei RPF1's myself.

RWD > FWD
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

BMWDave

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 26, 2008, 11:06:27 PM
No idea. Personally I think the stock wheels on S2Ks look great but if I was going aftermarket I'd go with these Works:

Those are nice looking wheels, many of my S2K friends have them, but they are both lower quality than the Volks and offer no functional enhancements over stock.  The wheels I'm getting are around 10lbs lighter per corner, reducing the unsprung weight by around 30%, I'm told.

Oh, and talking about works, my friend has a Laguna Blue S2K with white works and blue works lugs - it looks amazing, that I admit.  I've always loved the works wheels, but I can't justify spending for new wheels unless they provide more than cosmetic enhancements.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

Quote from: thecarnut on January 26, 2008, 11:21:05 PM
I've been partial to the Enkei RPF1's myself.

Those are nice wheels - Enkei makes the stock wheels for the AP1 generation S2000s.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

I bought them already, but I'm inclined to wait until winter is over to put them on.  About two weeks ago, for instance, I hit this large pothole on the highway that suddenly appeared from behind another car as I was merging for the exit.  It didn't do any damage to the wheel or tire, but I think it might have messed my alignment up just a bit.  Nothing major, and when I mount the new wheels and springs I'll need a new alignment anyway.  They are gloss black with machined lip, I think that wheel color looks best on my silver. 

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

Quote from: thecarnut on January 26, 2008, 10:56:03 PM

I didn't want to go 18", that would negatively impact handling and this sort of stuff.  The AP1 hard core S2000 guys go 16", but my car was designed with 17"s from the factory, so I didn't want to downgrade.  But it will be gloss black with a machined lip.  This picture can give you an idea, but these are 18s on this car.  Same color as mine though.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 24, 2008, 07:40:34 PM

I never said there was anything worng with not liking the heat, thats also why I said he could just pull the cover forward. A piece of cloth and plastic is not going to absorb so much heat that it's going to heat up the rest of the car.

If you would have read my previous posts you would have noticed that I was argueing his position on sunroofs because it was illogical. He never said he just likes to drive in the shade or that it isn't worth the money to him. All he talked about was the poor set-up in his car. If he would have said he doesn't like them because it's not worth the money or some other logic reason I would have left him alone.

I have driven at night with the top down...stargazing is nice! :lol:  I think Raza is more hardcore than me as far as this goes, he must do top down at night very often, I'm sure.  Driving at night on a beautiful road with the top down is a nice feeling, I must admit.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Quote from: BMWDave on January 27, 2008, 08:05:17 AM
I have driven at night with the top down...stargazing is nice! :lol:  I think Raza is more hardcore than me as far as this goes, he must do top down at night very often, I'm sure.  Driving at night on a beautiful road with the top down is a nice feeling, I must admit.

Yes, I am!  Also, two days ago I was out and about with the sunroof open at 22F.  It was awesome.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Quote from: BMWDave on January 27, 2008, 07:53:39 AM
Those are nice looking wheels, many of my S2K friends have them, but they are both lower quality than the Volks and offer no functional enhancements over stock.  The wheels I'm getting are around 10lbs lighter per corner, reducing the unsprung weight by around 30%, I'm told.

Oh, and talking about works, my friend has a Laguna Blue S2K with white works and blue works lugs - it looks amazing, that I admit.  I've always loved the works wheels, but I can't justify spending for new wheels unless they provide more than cosmetic enhancements.

Oh, I wasn't aware of the weight differences. Volk makes really nice wheels so you should be happy with them. The black should contrast well with your color.

JYODER240

Quote from: BMWDave on January 27, 2008, 08:05:17 AM

I will own a convertible at some point. There's always a few times during a winter that it will get just warm enough that I'll put my summer tires on, bundle up, and go for a drive with my windows down.

ChrisV

Quote from: Minpin on January 25, 2008, 03:24:30 PM
Thanks Tave. I just have no more desire to argue with these two schmucks. Its worthless because obviously my opinion is wrong because I don't have good enough reasons to back it up.  :rolleyes:

Good, then go away. If it's more important to whine like a baby about your opinion so you don't have to think, than to have a logical, mature conversation, then GTFO. I don't give a fuck if I look like a jerk. Better than looking like a 2 year old that only THINKS they like cars.

See ya.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on January 27, 2008, 08:28:32 AM
Yes, I am!  Also, two days ago I was out and about with the sunroof open at 22F.  It was awesome.

So was I. It was sunny here, so the sunroof was open.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

GoCougs

Hard-tops all the way. I'd never own a convertible - safety, noise, comfort, durability, whatever - even if I lived in a convertible-friendly climate.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: ChrisV on January 27, 2008, 02:33:57 PM
Good, then go away. If it's more important to whine like a baby about your opinion so you don't have to think, than to have a logical, mature conversation, then GTFO. I don't give a fuck if I look like a jerk. Better than looking like a 2 year old that only THINKS they like cars.

See ya.
I don't get this... He states his opinion, and Yoder and now you are whining like a bitch about how Minpin is wrong. :rolleyes:
How about you GTFO instead? You have a track record of always getting your panties into a bunch anyways if someone doesn't agree with your opinions because then they're just 'close minded' and illogical. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
RWD > FWD
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R