Wich would you choose?

Hardtop
14 (48.3%)
Convertible
15 (51.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Minpin

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 21, 2008, 08:58:16 PM
Why don't you guys go buy Camrys? God-forbid you're slightly uncomfortable from the sunlight coming through your sunroof.

Why be uncomfortable if you don't have to be?
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Why don't you guys go buy Camrys? God-forbid you're slightly uncomfortable from the sunlight coming through your sunroof.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of Camrys have sunroofs.

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 21, 2008, 06:31:48 PM
Why did you buy a sunroof if you don't like theM?
My wife likes them.

SVT666

I hate them.  Why do you even care if I hate them or not?

JYODER240

Quote from: Minpin on January 21, 2008, 08:59:14 PM
Why be uncomfortable if you don't have to be?

Why drive a sports-car with a firm suspension when you can buy a Buick?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 21, 2008, 06:31:48 PM
Why did you buy a sunroof if you don't like theM?

The stupid thing was probably in a bundle package.  Like for the Accords if you want anything past the basic LX or LX-p models you get stuck with the sunroof.

Minpin

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 21, 2008, 09:01:19 PM

The sports car gives you benefits. My roof being all glass has no benefits because down here in Texas where 100 degrees is normal during the summer it gives me nothing. Mine is never open, ever. If I want fresh air I roll down the side windows. So, here I am with a giant glass roof that never gets used. Why should I have one then? And how is not wanting a sunroof making me an unthusiast? I hate sunroofs and nothing you say will ever change my mind.

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 21, 2008, 09:01:19 PM

We make sacrifices in comfort if it brings some benefit that we find desirable, such as tighter handling.  The problem with the sunroof is that the entire point is to bring sun into the cabin.  If you like that, then great, you find your benefit right there.  If you don't like all that sunlight coming into the cabin, they really have no benefit at all.  Different strokes for different folks.

TheIntrepid

+1

However my last Camry had a sunroof. :evildude:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 565 on January 21, 2008, 09:00:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of Camrys have sunroofs.

No it's an option on everything but the XLE V6.

Our SE had it, as did the 1994 V6 LE, but that's about it. The Hybrid doesn't have one, the '99 twins didn't have them, the AllTrac didn't have one and my dad's '90 LE wagon didn't have one.

Minpin

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 21, 2008, 09:15:12 PM
+1

I don't understand this. Why is it such a big deal whether or not we like or dislike a damn sunroof? If it was something like a stick ( :rolleyes:) then this would be a justifiable response from you and yoder. But this is a sunroof! It only adds weight! We all can't have the same logic as you two though eh?

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Minpin on January 21, 2008, 09:19:41 PM
I don't understand this. Why is it such a big deal whether or not we like or dislike a damn sunroof? If it was something like a stick ( :rolleyes:) then this would be a justifiable response from you and yoder. But this is a sunroof! It only adds weight! We all can't have the same logic as you two though eh?

What? I didn't say anything about it! If you don't like them, fine, respect to you. :huh:

Minpin

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 21, 2008, 09:21:01 PM
What? I didn't say anything about it! If you don't like them, fine, respect to you. :huh:

You said +1 to yoders post about how we're all nannies because we don't like sunroofs.

The Pirate

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 21, 2008, 09:16:52 PM
No it's an option on everything but the XLE V6.

Our SE had it, as did the 1994 V6 LE, but that's about it. The Hybrid doesn't have one, the '99 twins didn't have them, the AllTrac didn't have one and my dad's '90 LE wagon didn't have one.

He meant the majority of Camries sold are equipped with sunroofs.  Doesn't matter whether it was standard or an option, the glass is still there.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

CALL_911

Quote from: 2o6 on January 21, 2008, 07:29:56 PM

Wind infurates this. Roller costers are fine (Cause they're relatively short) but just riding around with the top down can cause me to gasp for air.

I have a bad case of asthma as well, and I can safely say that you're full of shit.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TheIntrepid

Quote from: The Pirate on January 21, 2008, 09:30:39 PM
He meant the majority of Camries sold are equipped with sunroofs.  Doesn't matter whether it was standard or an option, the glass is still there.

Yeah, they're not. I have yet to see anything but an XLE or an SE with a sunroof. 8 out of 10 Camries I see are the 4-banger LE, bare bones.

JYODER240

Quote from: Minpin on January 21, 2008, 09:05:30 PM
The sports car gives you benefits. My roof being all glass has no benefits because down here in Texas where 100 degrees is normal during the summer it gives me nothing. Mine is never open, ever. If I want fresh air I roll down the side windows. So, here I am with a giant glass roof that never gets used. Why should I have one then? And how is not wanting a sunroof making me an unthusiast? I hate sunroofs and nothing you say will ever change my mind.

If it's hot outside then pull the shade forward. You can still use it during the cooler months and at night.

You guys sound like a bunch of little girls. "The sunlight is too warm!, the wind messes up my hair!" Feeling the wind, the warmth, the air rush around your body is part of the driving experience. Driving with the windows up feeling nothing is just being isolated.

The Pirate

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 21, 2008, 09:59:20 PM
Yeah, they're not. I have yet to see anything but an XLE or an SE with a sunroof. 8 out of 10 Camries I see are the 4-banger LE, bare bones.

Regardless, I was clarifying the point he was trying to make.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Minpin

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 21, 2008, 10:11:32 PM
If it's hot outside then pull the shade forward. You can still use it during the cooler months and at night.

You guys sound like a bunch of little girls. "The sunlight is too warm!, the wind messes up my hair!" Feeling the wind, the warmth, the air rush around your body is part of the driving experience. Driving with the windows up feeling nothing is just being isolated.

I said when I want air I just roll the windows down. Why do I need the sunroof then? All it does is make my black car even hotter. You are way up north where you don't have half our temperature in the summer. My car gets scalding hot even with the shitty shade closed. The shade only blocks the sunlight, not the heat. You need to rethink the "my opinion is right, yours is wrong mentality". I never said everybody shouldn't sunroofs. I just don't like them. If it was an option on my car, I wouldn't have gotten the damn thing. If I want more wind in my hair than my two windows provide, I would of gotten a convertible. Something that is beside the point anyways but the sunroof doesn't even allow hardly any wind in. Just an annoying sucking noise.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Minpin on January 21, 2008, 10:23:43 PM
I said when I want air I just roll the windows down. Why do I need the sunroof then? All it does is make my black car even hotter. You are way up north where you don't have half our temperature in the summer.

I don't know about him, but it stays in the 90-100 degree range for weeks on end sometimes.

I know, I know, you can beat that: but you can't double it!
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Minpin

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 21, 2008, 10:25:26 PM
I don't know about him, but it stays in the 90-100 degree range for weeks on end sometimes.

I know, I know, you can beat that: but you can't double it!

I over-exaggerated! sorry!  :lol:

Tave

I adore sunroofs, but I hate the mechanisms which run them.

Still, given the option, I will always take the sunroof, even if it leaks and sounds like a rusty saw. Moonroofs are pointless, but panoramics are the bomb.

The second generation 4runner had an enormous sunroof.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

hounddog

Quote from: 2o6 on January 21, 2008, 07:29:56 PM

Wind infurates this. Roller costers are fine (Cause they're relatively short) but just riding around with the top down can cause me to gasp for air.
I have asthma as well, and I love convertibles.  I once drove the Cobra when it was new to Montana all the way with the top down.  Guess I am lucky.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

JYODER240

I said when I want air I just roll the windows down. Why do I need the sunroof then? All it does is make my black car even hotter.

That's why you can pull the shade forward.

QuoteYou are way up north where you don't have half our temperature in the summer. My car gets scalding hot even with the shitty shade closed. The shade only blocks the sunlight, not the heat.

It's really not that much hotter down there in the summer. We get plently of 90F+ days, I know what the heat is like. You must not have paid attention in science class. Blocking the sunlight will cut down on the heat. Ever notice those big reflective things people put in their windshields?

QuoteYou need to rethink the "my opinion is right, yours is wrong mentality". I never said everybody shouldn't sunroofs. I just don't like them. If it was an option on my car, I wouldn't have gotten the damn thing. If I want more wind in my hair than my two windows provide, I would of gotten a convertible. Something that is beside the point anyways but the sunroof doesn't even allow hardly any wind in. Just an annoying sucking noise.

I never said you aren't entitled to your own opinion but your reasons for hating sunroofs are rather weak.

Laconian

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 21, 2008, 09:38:20 PM
I have a bad case of asthma as well, and I can safely say that you're full of shit.
WTF. "Bad" is a relative term, and there are all sorts of different triggers that can cause an asthma attack.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

heelntoe

convert for me, but it really depends on the car.

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 21, 2008, 10:11:32 PMDriving with the windows up feeling nothing is just being isolated.
i hate using the ac for that reason, i keep the windows open all the time.
@heelntoe

Raza

I said when I want air I just roll the windows down. Why do I need the sunroof then? All it does is make my black car even hotter. You are way up north where you don't have half our temperature in the summer. My car gets scalding hot even with the shitty shade closed. The shade only blocks the sunlight, not the heat. You need to rethink the "my opinion is right, yours is wrong mentality". I never said everybody shouldn't sunroofs. I just don't like them. If it was an option on my car, I wouldn't have gotten the damn thing. If I want more wind in my hair than my two windows provide, I would of gotten a convertible. Something that is beside the point anyways but the sunroof doesn't even allow hardly any wind in. Just an annoying sucking noise.

Half your temperature?  I didn't realize Texas got to be 200F!  Damn.

I've had my top down at 99. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Byteme

We've owned 4 convertibles (two Mustangs, two Fiat Spiders).  If the temp was above 60 and it wasn't raining the top was down, even if the temp was 100F.  The only exceptions were when we were going somehwere formal and my wife didn't want the wind screwing up her hair.

Get a drop top, live a little.

2o6

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 21, 2008, 09:38:20 PM

How are you going to tell me what makes me sick or not? You don't even know me, have seen my medical records or anything of the like.

Raza

Quote from: Byteme on January 22, 2008, 06:58:22 AM
We've owned 4 convertibles (two Mustangs, two Fiat Spiders).  If the temp was above 60 and it wasn't raining the top was down, even if the temp was 100F.  The only exceptions were when we were going somehwere formal and my wife didn't want the wind screwing up her hair.

Get a drop top, live a little.

:clap:

I must say, however, that is a roadster with a wind deflector and a strong heater, you can go down to about 30 degrees without developing pneumonia.  Heated seats help as well.  Leave the windows up.

I had the Boxster out in 27-28F weather the day I after I got it.  Wonderful, early morning driving, post Christmas; no one was out.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.