Has anyone seen any G37's?

Started by sportyaccordy, January 31, 2008, 10:41:15 AM

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 850CSi on February 04, 2008, 08:57:22 PM
I have, but they're rare. I like it more than the old one, but not by much. The sedan is ugly and ill-proportioned.

I agree. The old sedan > the new sedan, but the new coupe > old coupe

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Panama Jack

Yea the new sedan looked good at first but after seeing it consistently its actually not proportioned right. Does look better in dark colors probably because it hides some of the weird lines. My next car is goona be a coupe. If they offered the G for the right price Id consider it. Right now though 3-coupe and A5 are in the lead. Could change once I see the A5 in person.

MX793

The old sedan was tall and narrow looking.  Made it look tipsy.  The new one looks wider, more squat and more aggressive.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

I like the newer sedan far more than the old sedan, which was rather awkward looking.

The new coupe is more muscular, but the old one is more elegant.  Both look gorgeous compared to the BMW competition IMO.

JYODER240

Quote from: Tave on February 04, 2008, 12:16:17 PM
On the contrary, I think it wonderfully highlights the proportion I'm talking about. It's the angle I see whenever I'm directly behind one in traffic.

If my "highlights" you mean exaggerates, then I agree.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Northlands

I've seen about four so far. I'm seeing WAY more 2 door Altimas though.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

nickdrinkwater

OK so it's cheating, but I saw a G37S today in White.  Looked fantastic.

Champ

Just talked to my dad last night, when the lease on the S2000 is up (August-ish) he is looking at the G37!  He mentioned the 335 also but I think it will be a little too much money.

He wants a nice classy coupe, so I might have him check out the new A5 as well.

He said he is getting too old for the S2000 :lol:

stotty

I have seen several G37's and I think they look pretty nice.  I think they took the easy way out and made the production model less aggressive than the concept, but overall I think it's a nice evolution of the previous Coupe, especially the interior.

My only complaint is that the weight increase pretty much cancels out the gains of the awesome new VQ37 engine. (The sedan with the 3.5 VQHR is just as fast or faster)

Panama Jack

Your dad drives an S2000?? Nice. Playa!   :mrcool:

stotty

I love the S2000's, my buddy has one and I have driven it a few times.  The one thing I noticed is that there is zero suspension travel and no room for anything except the passengers and maybe a can of sprite, that's about it. 

It's great fun to drive though.

Champ

Quote from: stotty on February 08, 2008, 10:32:02 AM
I love the S2000's, my buddy has one and I have driven it a few times.  The one thing I noticed is that there is zero suspension travel and no room for anything except the passengers and maybe a can of sprite, that's about it. 

It's great fun to drive though.
Yep that's part of the reason he is not going to keep it, very little utility.

Vinsanity

Quote from: stotty on February 08, 2008, 05:54:39 AM
I have seen several G37's and I think they look pretty nice.  I think they took the easy way out and made the production model less aggressive than the concept, but overall I think it's a nice evolution of the previous Coupe, especially the interior.

IMO, the concept was the perfect evolution of the previous coupe. It was aggressive, yet elegant. Walking softly and carrying a big stick, so to speak.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Champ on February 08, 2008, 10:40:36 AM

Not very suitable for an only car, unfortunately :cry:

Tave

Quote from: JYODER240 on February 05, 2008, 11:15:08 PM
If my "highlights" you mean exaggerates, then I agree.

If it does, it does so very litte. That is the exact effect I get from a G35 when I am sitting behind it in traffic.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

TBR

Quote from: Champ on February 08, 2008, 10:40:36 AM

Is he planning on replacing both the LS and the S2000 with this next car?

Champ

Quote from: TBR on February 08, 2008, 11:41:33 PM
Is he planning on replacing both the LS and the S2000 with this next car?
He sold the LS right before he bought the Honda, 2 years ago.  Good memory though!

That was a good car, 6cyl manual RWD.

TBR

I thought he used the LS as a bad weather car. Guess the memory isn't so good after all.

Champ

Quote from: TBR on February 10, 2008, 03:38:50 PM
I thought he used the LS as a bad weather car. Guess the memory isn't so good after all.
He's had an Explorer for a few years, which is mainly used in the summer for Home Depot runs and his DD in the winter.

dinkeldorf

Calgary is a new car town (yeah oil prices!) and I haven't seen a single G37. Lots of new G35s, full diaper rear and all, several G35 2drs, but no G37s. Any one here drive one?

saxonyron

I just got passed by one today in a blinding rainstorm with sleet as I cruised in my quattro A6 at around 75.  I thought I was pushing it, but this guy swung out to the right lane and passed a whole group of cars at 80+.  I'm assuming he had AWD, but it was impressive and/or wildly stupid nonetheless.  It's a pretty nice looking car.  I like all the Infinitis  now - thye're very good looking and well put together.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

LonghornTX

Quote from: 565 on February 05, 2008, 06:42:07 PM
I like the newer sedan far more than the old sedan, which was rather awkward looking.

The new coupe is more muscular, but the old one is more elegant.  Both look gorgeous compared to the BMW competition IMO.

I agree on the sedan.  The new one got rid of the very tall and narrow look that bothered me so much about the old one.

I like the older coupe, personally, as I think it looks less fat.  I have to admit, though, I like the 335i better.  But, I am also a fan of conservative designs, and I think the overall look of the 335i is more conservative than the G37.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

93JC

Quote from: dinkeldorf on February 11, 2008, 12:25:20 PM
Calgary is a new car town (yeah oil prices!) and I haven't seen a single G37. Lots of new G35s, full diaper rear and all, several G35 2drs, but no G37s.

I haven't seen one either. :huh:

dinkeldorf

Wierd eh? I do see lots of Altima coupes, like someone said. Mind you after the goop that's going to cover all the cars after today, I doubt I'd recognize my own car!

Quote from: 93JC on February 14, 2008, 10:58:58 PM
I haven't seen one either. :huh:

ThunderCharger

Yeah I've seen a lot here in NYC. I like the new generation Gs, I think they both look agressive.