So I testdrove a...

Started by TBR, February 06, 2008, 07:19:05 PM

ifcar

If you don't really want to sell it, just ask far too much for it. Then you either keep it or get an obscene amount of money for it.

The Pirate

Quote from: TBR on February 09, 2008, 06:17:16 PM
Another person just offered to buy the thing (the thing being the Prelude). This is really pissing me off.

So what are the main barriers to purchasing the Proteg?5?  If it's solely parental hesitation, and you feel it's the right decision, then discuss it with your parents.  You seem to have a pretty good relationship with them, it should be an open discussion.

Just keep in mind that Proteg? parts are fairly expensive, probably more than Prelude parts are.  I know that parts for my Civic were A LOT cheaper than what I've paid for maintenance/repairs on my Proteg
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TBR

What is stopping me is wanting to save money so that I can buy a house asap out of college (or, depending on circumstances, during college).

And, ifcar, that would be a good idea, but the two prospects are both friends so I wouldn't want to do that.

Raza

Quote from: TBR on February 09, 2008, 08:01:04 PM
What is stopping me is wanting to save money so that I can buy a house asap out of college (or, depending on circumstances, during college).

And, ifcar, that would be a good idea, but the two prospects are both friends so I wouldn't want to do that.

Never do business with friends.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Quote from: TBR on February 09, 2008, 08:01:04 PM

The value of something that you're selling, if you choose the price, should be what it's worth to you rather than what you think the price should be, especially if you're conflicted about whether or not to sell it.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza  on February 09, 2008, 08:08:45 PM
Never do business with friends.

Why not? My AllTrac was sold to a family friend, the '99 Camry was sold to my cousin, the Accord was given away to my cousin. :huh:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

heelntoe

Quote from: TheIntrepid on February 10, 2008, 08:12:10 AM
Why not? My AllTrac was sold to a family friend, the '99 Camry was sold to my cousin, the Accord was given away to my cousin. :huh:
because the relationship may go sour if anything happens to the vehicle, or if they feel they have been ripped off. i wanted to sell the scoot, but it's so unreliable, i could never sell it to a friend unless they know for sure that it might stop working at any moment.
@heelntoe

TBR

I wouldn't have an issue with selling it to a friend, but I am not going to sell it to one for significantly more than I think it is worth. At least if it has problems I can say that I sold it for less than bluebook, so what would you expect.

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on February 10, 2008, 08:12:10 AM

Snakes don't always bite.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Whenever I sell something to a friend I either sell it for dirt-cheap or just give it to them. Never make business personal.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*