Edmunds Rips on GT500 Vert.

Started by 565, February 11, 2008, 11:32:50 PM

LonghornTX

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on February 13, 2008, 02:16:49 PM
Sloppy shitboxes.
Tell us how you really feel...haha

I have driven some of the finest cars this world has to offer and I was pretty damn enthusiast about buying one.

Maybe a certain someone should take a bit of their own advice?
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

NomisR

Quote from: HotRodPilot on February 13, 2008, 01:04:32 PM
They are all 2 seaters though

Are there any convertibles that were only a convertible that have 4 seats?

the only one I can think of is the SC430

Personally, I would love to have a  convertible with a lot of rear seat room.  I was going to start a thread about what current convertible has a lot of rear seat room and either comes with a MT or RWD.  I love long distance cruising and could use the extra room for luggage and crap, and then when I get there to pile the friends and famiyl in and go for a cruise.  Unfortunately these GT500 'verts won't depreciate enough for me to afford them by the time I get back from Japan, and they don't have much rear seat room

Bentley Azure?  That should fit your requirements minus the MT part.

CALL_911

Quote from: HotRodPilot on February 13, 2008, 01:04:32 PM
They are all 2 seaters though

Are there any convertibles that were only a convertible that have 4 seats?

the only one I can think of is the SC430

Personally, I would love to have a  convertible with a lot of rear seat room.  I was going to start a thread about what current convertible has a lot of rear seat room and either comes with a MT or RWD.  I love long distance cruising and could use the extra room for luggage and crap, and then when I get there to pile the friends and famiyl in and go for a cruise.  Unfortunately these GT500 'verts won't depreciate enough for me to afford them by the time I get back from Japan, and they don't have much rear seat room

A 996, but the rear seats are known to be vestigial.

E46 M3 vert?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Rich

Doesn't have to be RWD and MT, can be one or the other.  Soup DeVille pretty much nailed it.  They stopped making convertibles I'd like to drive years ago.  A modern day Pontiac LeMans convertible would be great.

Doesn't have to be fast either
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: LonghornTX on February 13, 2008, 05:24:27 PM
Tell us how you really feel...haha

I have driven some of the finest cars this world has to offer and I was pretty damn enthusiast about buying one.

Maybe a certain someone should take a bit of their own advice?

What advice was that?

Also sloppy shitbox was somewhat of a compliment for a mustang, i didn't want to make them sound real bad.

omicron

LonghornTX

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on February 13, 2008, 06:58:50 PM

What advice was that?

Also sloppy shitbox was somewhat of a compliment for a mustang, i didn't want to make them sound real bad.
That is, to take one's head out of their ass.

Vinsanity

Quote from: omicron on February 13, 2008, 08:08:05 PM

Wow. As much as I love my Caddy's, the 1960's convertible Continentals were the epitome of cool. That is, no car will ever be as cool as it.

LonghornTX

My grandfather had one of these in black.  My mom told me he loved the car.

Nethead

Quote from: LonghornTX on February 14, 2008, 05:49:34 PM

My grandfather had one of these in black.  My mom told me he loved the car.

LonghornTX:  In America, the early 'Sixties Lincolns invented clean--so well illustrated in your photo. Take a ton of weight out, take a foot at each end out, and that car could sell fabulously again. :ohyeah:
So many stairs...so little time...