Started by Fire It Up, July 12, 2005, 08:55:09 PM

Fire It Up

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=376758
'06 Accord V6 Sedan to be offered with 6MT

"Date: July 07, 2005 10:10
Submitted by: Jeff
Source: hondapreview.com
Credibility Rating: 7

Many folks have been wondering why Honda never offered a 6-speed option for the Accord V6 sedan, and now according to hondapreview.com it seems you will be able to get one configured that way when the '06 models go on sale.

If true, it would logically be fitted with 17" wheels and possibly (hopefully) an uprated suspension. This could also open the door for the Si model that we've been asking for from Honda.

The info was removed from Hondapreview.com site the very next day. But this rumor is in fact true and confirmed by some of the members on Vtec.net.
http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?mes...id=376758"

Finally.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

thewizard16

Any idea on what this would do to acceleration, as far as improvement?
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Fire It Up

Should do a lot. 6 Speed coupes can run as low as 14.2's in the 1/4 mile stock, whereas an ex v6 sedan would run around a 15.6.

giant_mtb

It would help improve fuel economy too, correct?

Raghavan

crap. if only honda offered a manual on our '98 ex v6 sedan. :angry:

ifcar

QuoteIt would help improve fuel economy too, correct?
Actually, mileage went down slightly on the coupe with the manual in relation to the coupe with the auto.  <_<  

BMWDave

Actually, mileage went down slightly on the coupe with the manual in relation to the coupe with the auto.  <_<
Certainly not the norm though...usually manuals provide better performance, both acceleration and fuel economy wise.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

Certainly not the norm though...usually manuals provide better performance, both acceleration and fuel economy wise.
On sportier models, that's less frequently the case, and it appears that the Accord's 6-speed was designed with sport in mind.

BMWDave

On sportier models, that's less frequently the case, and it appears that the Accord's 6-speed was designed with sport in mind.
I believe BMW's whole lineup gets better mileage and acceleration with the 6 Speed manual than with a 6 speed a/t.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

It's still the exception rather than the rule, and by sportier models I don't mean sporty mainstream cars. Examples of cars with lower manual fuel economy include the Mustang GT and Chrysler Crossfire.

BMWDave

QuoteIt's still the exception rather than the rule, and by sportier models I don't mean sporty mainstream cars. Examples of cars with lower manual fuel economy include the Mustang GT and Chrysler Crossfire.
I see.

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

Who cares? It'll be much faster and better handling (if Honda gives the sedan the 6 Speed coupe's bigger rear sway bar, front strut brace, wheels, and the 11lbs lighter intake assembly).

93JC

Quoteit would logically be fitted with 17" wheels
Logically. :rolleyes:

Fire It Up

Quoteit would logically be fitted with 17" wheels
Logically. :rolleyes:
.?

93JC

The notion that a sportier version of a car needs bigger wheels is ridiculous.

Fire It Up

QuoteThe notion that a sportier version of a car needs bigger wheels is ridiculous.
Well, it needs better tires anyway. And on second thought, 17" wheels are probably more for looks.  

SJ_GTI

This is a good and timely decision by Honda.

This is a class that seems to be getting more attention. Mazda dn Nissan already offer manuals, and the G6 will offer a 6MT with its high-end engine. This will ensure that the Accord is included in any upcoming "mainstream sport sedan" comparisons.

Does the Galant V6 offer a 6MT?

ifcar

Nope, I don't think the Galant has a manual even for its 4-cyl.

jadewolf123

Why couldn't this have come out a year ago when my mom bought her Accord. Its a EX V6 w/Navi and all it needed was a nice manual. I mean dammit, after we bought it the Hybrid came out. I think Honda is out to screw me.  :angry:
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

Tom

QuoteWhy couldn't this have come out a year ago when my mom bought her Accord. Its a EX V6 w/Navi and all it needed was a nice manual. I mean dammit, after we bought it the Hybrid came out. I think Honda is out to screw me.  :angry:
You're probably better off missing the hybrid IMO.

Raza

QuoteWhy couldn't this have come out a year ago when my mom bought her Accord. Its a EX V6 w/Navi and all it needed was a nice manual. I mean dammit, after we bought it the Hybrid came out. I think Honda is out to screw me.  :angry:
Honda's out to screw a lot of people.  Don't feel special.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

QuoteNope, I don't think the Galant has a manual even for its 4-cyl.
ouch...