How often do you fiddle with ESC settings?

Started by 565, February 21, 2008, 07:00:18 PM

For those with ESC, When do you switch ESC to competition/sport mode or off?

I'm a f***ing hardcore mofo always switch ESC off
3 (15%)
I actually bother with the sport/competition mode and use it for sporty driving
3 (15%)
I leave ESC always on except for burning rubber to show off to the chicks in the next lane
8 (40%)
I just leave ESC on always
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 20

The Pirate

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on February 27, 2008, 11:57:04 PM
I've activated ABS on my dad's Dakota more times than I can count.

The Focus doesn't have ABS or that Advance-Track nonsense, but I can't lock the brakes on it. :huh:

Is something wrong with it?  Seems like it should be able to lock up the wheels, every car I've owned could do so.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: The Pirate on February 28, 2008, 12:00:18 AM
Is something wrong with it?  Seems like it should be able to lock up the wheels, every car I've owned could do so.

I know it. Maybe the pads are not aggresive enough. I'll try some Hawk HPS or some Metal Masters if I'm feeling sporty.

I have slammed the brakes really hard to avoid a fox that ran out in front of my car. It stopped quick (it's still only 2500 lbs) but not as quick as it could have.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on February 28, 2008, 12:44:23 AM
I know it. Maybe the pads are not aggresive enough. I'll try some Hawk HPS or some Metal Masters if I'm feeling sporty.

I have slammed the brakes really hard to avoid a fox that ran out in front of my car. It stopped quick (it's still only 2500 lbs) but not as quick as it could have.

My Focus locked up the front brakes all too easily with stock pads. You mush have some of those $9.99 organic pads or something. I think they're made of shredded paper and dried fruit.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

J86

MexicoCityM3

I turn it off ocassionally to do a drag start on the street (maybe every 2 weeks or so) and every time I track my car.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Northlands

I have no ESC or ABS. Doing just fine too.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

rohan

I've got Hawk performance ceramics on both my cars and Brembo slots they work FANTASTIC.  I can be going 60 and stop within a cfew car lengths and there is no fade and you don't feel them going soft from wear.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle