Mazda 6 for the NA Market

Started by nickdrinkwater, February 28, 2008, 01:51:45 AM

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ifcar

If you're going to troll and then play dumb about it, you're going to get a ban. If you don't want that, I suggest you cut it out.

FordSVT

I like it, it looks like a Mazda 3 and a CX-7.

I hope they bring the wagon here, but my friend at Mazda says they're not optimistic. The previous model wasn't selling that well and the fwd CX-7 has cut into the segment as well.

They better not cut the 5-door 3 though. No f-ing way.

CALL_911

Quote from: ifcar on March 01, 2008, 10:56:35 AM
If you're going to troll and then play dumb about it, you're going to get a ban. If you don't want that, I suggest you cut it out.

Ifcar, I'll actually go and defend Trep here. I didn't see him troll, and it looks as though that was a quote edit.

That, and quit being such a fucking dick. You telling him to shut up was just as out of line. Get off your high horse.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

ifcar

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 01, 2008, 11:57:40 AM
Ifcar, I'll actually go and defend Trep here. I didn't see him troll, and it looks as though that was a quote edit.

That, and quit being such a fucking dick. You telling him to shut up was just as out of line. Get off your high horse.

I didn't realize it was a quote edit. For some reason, I thought Wimmer would have figured out that when he (and others) were repeatedly told that that little game had gotten old and to stop, he would have listened. I should have checked.

However, such a response from Trep had it not been a quote edit would have been fully deserving of such a response. In the context of it being real, "what?" says "what's wrong with saying that Mazdas are all garbage?"

I'll be sending Wimmer a pm that further quote edits will not be accepted outside of ARBT.

ThunderCharger

YAY!!! They didn't change it much. I like this look, very curvy. I love that about Mazdas.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ifcar on March 01, 2008, 01:12:02 PM
I didn't realize it was a quote edit. For some reason, I thought Wimmer would have figured out that when he (and others) were repeatedly told that that little game had gotten old and to stop, he would have listened. I should have checked.

However, such a response from Trep had it not been a quote edit would have been fully deserving of such a response. In the context of it being real, "what?" says "what's wrong with saying that Mazdas are all garbage?"

I'll be sending Wimmer a pm that further quote edits will not be accepted outside of ARBT.

It was fully a quote edit. I was equally surprised at your quick biased response without looking into the matter. :rolleyes:

I don't troll that much, and 99% of the trolling that I do is joke trolling. There are far worse trolls on here. Wimmer, while being a quality poster, is a huge troll. Every time someone posts about Toyota he inserts his huge font size and says how "boring" they are. There are plenty of other people that I don't feel like singling out here, but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

Also, your telling me to shut up without an explanation was out of line and an abuse of your authority, IMO.

edit: Thanks, Ro. Didn't see your post there.

AKL

Quote from: Catman on March 01, 2008, 10:03:07 AM
I really love the wagon's profile, hope we get that.

Yeah, it does have a great profile. I really hope they don't change it too much and just bring it over as is.

I think the US version of the Mazda 6 isn't bad looking though. I kind of prefer the NA back end actually.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

ifcar

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 01, 2008, 09:59:56 PM
It was fully a quote edit. I was equally surprised at your quick biased response without looking into the matter. :rolleyes:

I don't troll that much, and 99% of the trolling that I do is joke trolling. There are far worse trolls on here. Wimmer, while being a quality poster, is a huge troll. Every time someone posts about Toyota he inserts his huge font size and says how "boring" they are. There are plenty of other people that I don't feel like singling out here, but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

Also, your telling me to shut up without an explanation was out of line and an abuse of your authority, IMO.

edit: Thanks, Ro. Didn't see your post there.

I should not have to investigate each post to see if the indicated person actually made it. Wimmer has been warned, and has apologized. I said it was the result of a misunderstanding, and I apologized. You've been bitching and moaning, and really ought to consider shutting the hell up.

nickdrinkwater

Wimmer is trolling right now in the Landcruiser thread :lol:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ifcar on March 02, 2008, 05:11:39 AM
I should not have to investigate each post to see if the indicated person actually made it. Wimmer has been warned, and has apologized. I said it was the result of a misunderstanding, and I apologized. You've been bitching and moaning, and really ought to consider shutting the hell up.

Bitching and moaning? That's absolutely ridiculous. I voiced my opinion on poor moderation, once. Then, in lieu of accepting your error and keeping quiet, you defended yourself. Smooth. That makes you look like a very professional moderator, Mr. Ifcar. :rolleyes:

Wimmer's not a bad guy and I hold nothing against him. I consider him a friend, despite his occasionally-odd sense of humor. I understood the quote edit, laughed it off, and went on my merry way. You should have done what you had to do as a mod regarding the quote edit, then ceased posting about it, instead of defending it.

:rolleyes: I don't count this as bitching and moaning. I don't know what kind of people you know. Apologies don't count if they're in the form of  "I'm sorry, but you're still wrong, because you're not a moderator and I can still ban you."

Quote from: ifcar on March 02, 2008, 05:11:39 AM
I should not have to investigate each post to see if the indicated person actually made it.

If you're going to be the quote-edit police or flaunt your authority, yes you should. ;)

Conclusive statement: I know damn well you don't like me, but fortunately, you're a step above everyone else on this forum. You're a mod. It's your job to treat everyone equally whether you like them or not.

2o6

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 02, 2008, 01:43:33 PM
Bitching and moaning? That's absolutely ridiculous. I voiced my opinion on poor moderation, once. Then, in lieu of accepting your error and keeping quiet, you defended yourself. Smooth. That makes you look like a very professional moderator, Mr. Ifcar. :rolleyes:

Wimmer's not a bad guy and I hold nothing against him. I consider him a friend, despite his occasionally-odd sense of humor. I understood the quote edit, laughed it off, and went on my merry way. You should have done what you had to do as a mod regarding the quote edit, then ceased posting about it, instead of defending it.

:rolleyes: I don't count this as bitching and moaning. I don't know what kind of people you know. Apologies don't count if they're in the form of  "I'm sorry, but you're still wrong, because you're not a moderator and I can still ban you."

If you're going to be the quote-edit police or flaunt your authority, yes you should. ;)

Conclusive statement: I know damn well you don't like me, but fortunately, you're a step above everyone else on this forum. You're a mod. It's your job to treat everyone equally whether you like them or not.

Don't retaliate, you'll get banned. Just like I did.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 2o6 on March 02, 2008, 01:48:51 PM

Don't retaliate, you'll get banned. Just like I did.

You made stupid threads in sections like that. I didn't even do anything. Also, I'm not retaliating in the rude, blunt way he did. I'm very nicely saying that he's using his personal bias in moderating the forum.

ifcar

I consider "shut up" to be relatively friendly advice compared to the button I have that accomplishes the same result. I suggest you stop clogging up this thread with whining about how the mods don't like you, and consider why.

This will be the last post on this subject in this thread. Violators are subject to disciplinary action. Back to the Mazda6.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

ifcar

I didn't actually find anything, unless there are multiple Land Cruiser threads and I looked in the wrong one.

Northlands

Erm.. back to ze car..

I think the wagon photo is hot. Not so much on the sedan.

Now, if I remember correctly, didn't Omi post a couple of photos a while back,  of the version Aussies were getting? If I remember correctly, it looked great, and had similarities to this one. I just don't get how the N.A. version had to get so .. er.. mangled?

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

2o6

I like the Euro 6 better, but the US 6 is ok.

Cookie Monster

I keep looking at the front end (top pic) and it looks like it's crosseyed. :cry:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

ifcar

I don't much like the front end of the US version, but I don't like the other so much either. But the changes so far appear so minor that I wonder why they bothered with two versions.

Cookie Monster

The taillights also remind me of a new Corolla, in the way they bulge out like that.

It's ok I suppose. Hasn't been completely butchered but it doesn't look awesome like the current 6.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Raza

Quote from: Northlands on March 02, 2008, 02:01:52 PM
Erm.. back to ze car..

I think the wagon photo is hot. Not so much on the sedan.

Now, if I remember correctly, didn't Omi post a couple of photos a while back,  of the version Aussies were getting? If I remember correctly, it looked great, and had similarities to this one. I just don't get how the N.A. version had to get so .. er.. mangled?

The wagon looks like an SUV.  It went from one of the best looking cars in the class to one of the worst.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  on March 02, 2008, 03:26:44 PM
The wagon looks like an SUV.  It went from one of the best looking cars in the class to one of the worst.
They will probably sell well now. Just like the new ugly Camry and Accord. I don't get it.

2o6

Quote from: ifcar on March 02, 2008, 03:14:52 PM
I don't much like the front end of the US version, but I don't like the other so much either. But the changes so far appear so minor that I wonder why they bothered with two versions.

I think the US 6 is a smidgen larger.

SVT666

I like the rear, but the front on the current car is nicer.  I think the headlights look too small.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on March 02, 2008, 04:56:48 PM
I think the US 6 is a smidgen larger.

Again, a "smidgen" of difference.

Why bother if they're not going to do any serious distinguishing?

2o6

Quote from: ifcar on March 02, 2008, 06:45:24 PM
Again, a "smidgen" of difference.

Why bother if they're not going to do any serious distinguishing?

I don't know. There was an Extended Mondeo Prototype running around. Maybe that was the basis for the US 6.

MX793

Quote from: 2o6 on March 02, 2008, 06:47:01 PM

I don't know. There was an Extended Mondeo Prototype running around. Maybe that was the basis for the US 6.

The US 6 is based on the next generation of the CD3 platform that it currently rides on.  Word is that the platform has grown in size a bit compared to the current model (the current gen platform was enlarged slightly for the Ford/Merc/Lincoln siblings, I expect the Mazda will now be the same size).  Unlike the 6 sold in the rest of the world, the US car offers a V6.  This was also the case with the 1st gen car, though, so I don't know if that difference is driven by differences in platforms or if the V6 will fit in the world car but simply isn't offered.

I'm not sure what platform the 6 is riding on in the rest of the world.  I'd heard rumors that it was going to be Mondeo-based.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

2o6

Why does ford have two compact, and two midsize platforms? What kind of sense does that make.....