280hp AWD Saab Turbo X? Edmunds test.

Started by 565, March 04, 2008, 08:43:37 PM

Tave

How hard would it be to get 280 out of the Sabaru WRX?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Champ

CALL_911

This car seems really, really cool. I like it a lot.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Champ

I like it myself as well, but from what I understand the 600 they are bringing to the US are mostly spoken for at this point.  Hopefully I can find one locally that won't be sold out to take a look at.

Sigma Projects

Probably will do well for what they project, Saab still has a ways to go to garner the same feeling as other brands do. I wonder why they didn't put a few more ponies out of the LP9 i mean it is very much an over bore motor has continuous variable vale timing and it's putting down more TQ than HP, figured they could have made it rev a little higher and get to at least 290~295hp, but iono, maybe that would ruin the "feel" Looks a bit plain for my taste when looking for a 40K+ car but Saab loyalists are sure to make this a sell out item.
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

hotrodalex

I think Car And Driver reviewed it in their latest issue. Can't find it online though, must not be up yet.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Champ on April 17, 2008, 02:37:48 PM
I like it myself as well, but from what I understand the 600 they are bringing to the US are mostly spoken for at this point.  Hopefully I can find one locally that won't be sold out to take a look at.

In a year you'll see plenty on the used car market for a nice little discount off MSRP. Not because it is a bad car but that seems to happen with alot of realy good low volume sought after cars.

heelntoe

@heelntoe

LonghornTX

Quote from: Champ on April 17, 2008, 01:58:56 PM
http://jalopnik.com/380099/2008-saab-turbo-x-hits-the-track-goes-head+to+head-with-the-subaru-wrx-sti-bmw-m3-bmw-3+series-and-audi-a4

I think this type of a review is a first for this car.  The US mags haven't published anything yet.
My initial impressions reflect those of this author.

I also can't get past the wheels and taillights...
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

hotrodalex

Quote from: LonghornTX on April 19, 2008, 12:35:29 PM
My initial impressions reflect those of this author.

I also can't get past the wheels and taillights...

I like them.  :huh:

Panama Jack

You can probably get this car for a steal after 2 years.

Have always liked Saab's in general.