Almost there.....

Started by 2o6, March 07, 2008, 07:01:14 PM

hotrodalex

Quote from: 2o6 on February 11, 2009, 09:06:36 AM
If you care so little, then why did you post in this thread?

Because he felt like being an ass.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Secret Chimp on March 09, 2008, 12:30:32 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

What's hell got to do with anything?

He was just clarificationing the un-insult.
Will

2o6

I'm roughly 75% done with this car.

It has/needs

- Exterior model is completely done and textured

- window textures need work

- I have made Two different wheel designs, both hubcaps. Needs at least two more, both upper level rims.

- brake calipers (front, maybe rear......undecided)

- Interior is roughly 50% textured......need to actually design the Digital gauge cluster, HVAC/stereo controls

- A steering wheel........the current one is borrowed from the Fiat Panda.

- a proper .ini.........the current one is also borrowed from a Fiat Panda, so the car doesn't drive very well.

- Lights. That'll be the last thing I do.

- A better shader. The current one makes the car a bit too reflective for my tastes. It's OK, but I'll have to work on that too.

The variants of the car, (Coupe-Cabriolet, Wagon, Panel Van, 3-door, Sedan) also need work, with the Sedan, 3-door and Coupe cabrolet being the farthest along, respectively. The Panel Van and Wagon need a lot of work.

Here we go! Have a look at my newly baked textures! Not the best, but I'm proud of it.

Along with this, and the Big booty city car, I have this c-segment compact sedan that I've recently started on.

What do you think?

Payman

I for one am impressed. You have a career ahead of you.

2o6

Quote from: Payman on June 12, 2009, 09:49:31 PM
I for one am impressed. You have a career ahead of you.

Thanks. I really do appreciate positive comments.

Raza

It's coming along nicely.  Though I think a CC with a sub 100bhp engine would be such a dog that no one would buy one. 

Also, as I recall, this guy is rear engined?  Think about weight distribution of a rear engine car with a metal folding roof also in the back, coupled with a short wheelbase.  Sounds like it could be trouble.  Like the Phase 1 Clio V6. 

Using my imagination, I could see your car turning into one of those horrible little shitboxes from Scion or the like.  Erm, that's supposed to be a compliment, so take it as such.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=13782.msg1082671#msg1082671 date=1244904693
It's coming along nicely.  Though I think a CC with a sub 100bhp engine would be such a dog that no one would buy one. 

Also, as I recall, this guy is rear engined?  Think about weight distribution of a rear engine car with a metal folding roof also in the back, coupled with a short wheelbase.  Sounds like it could be trouble.  Like the Phase 1 Clio V6. 

Using my imagination, I could see your car turning into one of those horrible little shitboxes from Scion or the like.  Erm, that's supposed to be a compliment, so take it as such.

No, it's an FF layout car with currently 65% front weight for the 5-door hatch (shown). Keep in mind it's a B-segment car, and the current 1.3L (95HP) comes in at just under 2200LBS, roughly the Yaris's weight. The 1.0L would be just under 2000LBS.

The CC will be an ill handling dog due to it's extra weight and suspension tweaks, but It'll only be offered with one engine: The 1.7L. (130-ish HP) and a 5-speed manual or 8-speed automatic.

Raza

5MT or 8AT?  Why no 6MT or CVT? 

An 8 speed on a car like this would jump around so often it would be horrible.  On my dad's car, with 380 or so horsepower, the 8 speed still gets confused.  And when you mash it, it just doesn't know what to do; it drops two gears, then realizes you want more, it has to drop two more.  By then your passing opportunity or whatever is gone.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=13782.msg1082993#msg1082993 date=1244926801
5MT or 8AT?  Why no 6MT or CVT? 

An 8 speed on a car like this would jump around so often it would be horrible.  On my dad's car, with 380 or so horsepower, the 8 speed still gets confused.  And when you mash it, it just doesn't know what to do; it drops two gears, then realizes you want more, it has to drop two more.  By then your passing opportunity or whatever is gone.

Racer can't simulate CVT or even regular Automatic transmissions with variable shifts and torque converter.

The AT shifts are more comparable to an AMT. An 8-speed AMT with a 6K shift up point (and a 4.5K shift down point) keeps the car on the power, because the AI for the auto shift won't change down. Granted, with the shift points on the 8-speed AMT the car is screaming all the time, but it improves computer performance around the track and makes AT shift more fun and playable.