SVT Focus

Started by SVT666, March 08, 2008, 10:16:07 PM

68_427

Do you have the leather recaros? Id fit the European option pack parts to your car
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

The Pirate

Quote from: 2o6 on May 16, 2011, 10:02:41 PM

Interesting fact:

Zetec in the SVT is an interference design, but the regular 2.0L SPI and Zetec cars are non-interference.

Yep.  Lots of special parts in that engine, and lots of massaging from Cosworth.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

2o6

The Focus was a great little car.

Never understood why people hate it so much.

Laconian

Quote from: 2o6 on May 16, 2011, 10:09:04 PM
The Focus was a great little car.

Never understood why people hate it so much.
What are you talking aboot. Who's hating it?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on May 16, 2011, 10:13:30 PM
What are you talking aboot. Who's hating it?

Remember, I live in bizarro world out here.

A lot of people around here don't like it, they'd rather have their Cavalier, Grand Am or to a lesser extent, their Corolla. Or they compare two totally different classes of car; "That little Focus ain't as big inside as my Impala" (Which is funny, because for the Impala being so big, the Focus really is not that far away from interior space).

My mom wants to get a Trailblazer as a replacement for her Econoline.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on May 16, 2011, 09:45:57 PM
Yeah and look at what happened to Jimmy Hoffa.
Bro they never found him. Doesn't mean anything happened to him.

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on May 16, 2011, 09:41:35 PM
That sucks man. But if she is value oriented, you can maybe make a case for the better $/HP from a turbo kit than from an N/A build. That is how I would win my girl over. $3K is a lot though. Maybe go piece by piece. A manifold here, a turbo there, an oil feed line there.... this is how the Teamsters greased the gov't
An N/A build isn't possible with the SVT.  It is pretty much maxed out as is.  As for doing it piece by piece that would cost $4000 instead of $3000.