But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Cookie Monster

Dear Aborigines
Stop cutting your private parts
Thank you very much
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Tave

Quote from: thecarnut on March 20, 2008, 01:37:48 AM
I don't know what sounds better... getting your vagina ripped/cut with a knife by an old guy or getting your dick cut in half lengthwise... :mask:

I guess I should've posted more of the description:

Introcision: This form of mutilation is practised specifically by the Pitta-Patta Aborigines from Australia: When a girl reaches puberty, the whole tribe - both sexes - assembles. The operator, an elderly man, enlarges the vaginal orifice by tearing it downward with three fingers bound with opposum string. In other districts, the perineum is split with a stone knife. This is usually followed by compulsory sexual intercourse with a number of young men.

In the end I think it's probably a wash.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Tave on March 20, 2008, 01:42:26 AM
I guess I should've posted more of the description:

Introcision: This form of mutilation is practised specifically by the Pitta-Patta Aborigines from Australia: When a girl reaches puberty, the whole tribe - both sexes - assembles. The operator, an elderly man, enlarges the vaginal orifice by tearing it downward with three fingers bound with opposum string. In other districts, the perineum is split with a stone knife. This is usually followed by compulsory sexual intercourse with a number of young men.

In the end I think it's probably a wash.
So you have to have sex with multiple guys while your vagina is all cut and bleeding?
Jeeze, are they trying to kill themselves?
RWD > FWD
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Tave

For some reason I learned that stuff in high school Archaeology. Damn that was an awsome class. My teacher beat us with a splintered yardstick during test-reviews if we didn't get the right answer. He was old school.

Everyone in the class bled when we learned flint knapping. I got made fun of because I asked for a BandAid.

He was the perfect teacher for introcision/subincision. I'm just surprised he didn't demonstrate on a student.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Tave on March 20, 2008, 01:49:48 AM
For some reason I learned that stuff in high school Archaeology. Damn that was an awsome class. My teacher beat us with a splintered yardstick during test-reviews if we didn't get the right answer. He was old school.

Everyone in the class bled when we learned flint knapping.
srsly?
RWD > FWD
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Tave

I couldn't make this guy up if I tried.

ThunderCharger

Only a car as ugly as this could bring up a conversation about genitalia mutilation... :huh:

Raza

Quote from: Tave on March 20, 2008, 01:53:45 AM
I couldn't make this guy up if I tried.

I can't believe you stood for that.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ChrisV

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 19, 2008, 09:25:41 PM
I hate to say it, but I really like the exterior.  It's a modern hot rod.

I feel you, but I was thinking more like a less cool version of the old Ford Tudor sedan:

I woudln't put it past them to have based the idea on these cars...
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on March 20, 2008, 10:08:23 AM

I thought that too, but I don't like those cars either.

:lol:

I mean, they're cool, but not for me.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ThunderCharger

Eh, but they fail at capturing the form of older hot rods. It's just too boxy.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: ChrisV on March 20, 2008, 10:08:23 AM
I feel you, but I was thinking more like a less cool version of the old Ford Tudor sedan:

The wrap-over? windshield on the Scion deprives it of the glowering look of a chopped street rod and instead substitutes the facsimile of an expression that most closely resembles wide-eyed astonishment.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

sandertheshark

I like how the driver's seat alone is fluorescent orange.  Brings more attention to the jackass that buys this thing.

akuma_supreme

I think I'd rather have my genitals mutilated than be forced to drive this monstrosity.  This was supposed to be a precursor to the tC replacement.  Woe be unto all of us if this thing is anything close to what hte tC is going to look like.

nickdrinkwater

How long before Toyota back down on Scion?

omicron

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on March 25, 2008, 06:28:25 AM
How long before Toyota back down on Scion?

They'll have to stop going down on them first.

akuma_supreme

Toyota really is trying hard to replace GM in the hearts and minds of North Americans.

First, they start up-sizing their models like madmen.  Next, they start botching the quality, and blame it on suppliers.  Now they are creating brands to answer questions no one ever asked. 

Scion is the Geo of the 21st Century!  Viva la Storm! Viva la Prizm!  Viva la Tracker!

ThunderCharger

Quote from: akuma_supreme on March 25, 2008, 10:17:08 AM
Toyota really is trying hard to replace GM in the hearts and minds of North Americans.

First, they start up-sizing their models like madmen.  Next, they start botching the quality, and blame it on suppliers.  Now they are creating brands to answer questions no one ever asked. 

Scion is the Geo of the 21st Century!  Viva la Storm! Viva la Prizm!  Viva la Tracker!

Well if they really want to fuck up like that... well I have nothing to say. Maybe soon well see a performance division and near luxury division which sell thinly disguised rebadges with shitty interiors.

2o6

Viva la Metro.

The Geo Storm was a hot little number.

2o6

I have a question.....

What's the purpose of a Nitche marque, when they try to become mainstream?

ThunderCharger

TBH I'm not sure Toyota was really serious about getting Scion to be mainstream. Maybe there was that glint in the back of their minds that maybe it would, but Toyota really hasn't done enough to really make it mainstream. So it's serving it's purpose as a niche brand :rolleyes:

sandertheshark

This may be the best post you have yet made.

sandertheshark

Quote from: 2o6 on March 25, 2008, 04:22:27 PM

Viva la Metro.

The Geo Storm was a hot little number.

I'm getting mixed signals here.

akuma_supreme

Quote from: ThunderCharger on March 25, 2008, 04:20:33 PM
Well if they really want to fuck up like that... well I have nothing to say. Maybe soon well see a performance division and near luxury division which sell thinly disguised rebadges with shitty interiors.

I predict that they'll identify a gap in the market between the Avalon and ES350 and create three divisions to cater to this market segment.   :tounge:

This being said, Toyota has been able to consistently make a profit in its home market offering even more models than here and with fewer volumes of each one.  They also have five divisions over there:  Toyota, Toyota Corolla, Netz, Toyopet, and Lexus

thewizard16

I'm late to this thread, but I hate that concept.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ThunderCharger

Quote from: akuma_supreme on March 25, 2008, 06:42:42 PM
I predict that they'll identify a gap in the market between the Avalon and ES350 and create three divisions to cater to this market segment.   :tounge:

This being said, Toyota has been able to consistently make a profit in its home market offering even more models than here and with fewer volumes of each one.  They also have five divisions over there:  Toyota, Toyota Corolla, Netz, Toyopet, and Lexus
Yes the wonders of overvaluing market research. The day that Toyota creates divisions to cater to specific segments is the day they'll lose my respect for them. Of course if they use the same strategy that they use in Japan it might not be as bad, but if GM, Ford, and Chrysler have done what they have done for so long I don't see why Toyota won't give it a try. :banghead:

2o6

But they're all marketed as Toyotas. (Except for Lexus)

Soup DeVille

I predict that they'll identify a gap in the market between the Avalon and ES350 and create three divisions to cater to this market segment.   :tounge:

You forgot Hino.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 25, 2008, 09:51:28 PM
You forgot Hino.

If you're going to do all that, then add Daihatsu.