4cyl Camaro?

Started by 2o6, March 19, 2008, 07:31:13 PM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: R-inge on March 20, 2008, 08:28:37 PM
The kid in the turbo Civic won't know what hit him!

And the guy in the Mustang will be even more perplexed!
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Lazerous

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 20, 2008, 08:29:22 PM
And the guy in the Mustang will be even more perplexed!

Viva La Camaro! :rockon:

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I would love to have a low-buck no options manual 4-cylinder turbo Camaro...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 20, 2008, 08:35:50 PM
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I would love to have a low-buck no options manual 4-cylinder turbo Camaro...

would wouldn't?

S204STi

It's kinda like the return of the Mustang II SVO or whatever that was called...only good!

Lazerous

Quote from: NACar on March 20, 2008, 08:34:20 PM
I thought you were selling it.

Only to buy a turbo 4 cylinder. :devil:

No really, I'm confused on whether or not to sell it. :cry:
Too many good memories with that car. If only it wasn't such a dog...

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Lazerous on March 20, 2008, 08:41:49 PM
Only to buy a turbo 4 cylinder. :devil:

No really, I'm confused on whether or not to sell it. :cry:
Too many good memories with that car. If only it wasn't such a dog...

Do you have a garage and a little extra cash? It could be a fun project car. Put a turbo on it.

Lazerous

Quote from: NACar on March 20, 2008, 08:44:47 PM
Do you have a garage and a little extra cash? It could be a fun project car. Put a turbo on it.

I do have a garage back home. It is currently occupied by both of my parents' cars but they would be more than willing to allow me to take up one of the spaces if I needed to work on the car.

How much in cash are we talking for a decent turbo?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Lazerous on March 20, 2008, 08:46:42 PM
I do have a garage back home. It is currently occupied by both of my parents' cars but they would be more than willing to allow me to take up one of the spaces if I needed to work on the car.

How much in cash are we talking for a decent turbo?

How much cash? That depends on how good can you weld. :lol:
Basic parts you would need to buy for a basic low-pressure setup are a properly sized turbo ($100-500), rising rate fuel pressure regulator ($50-150), blow off valve ($100), and varioius pipes, tubes, hoses, lines, fittings and what not ($??). Fabricate all the exhaust piping, and you'll save mucho $$$.

I don't think there is a kit anywhere, but you might want to ask these guys http://www.force-fed-fabrications.com/index2.htm

Lazerous

Quote from: NACar on March 20, 2008, 08:55:56 PM
How much cash? That depends on how good can you weld. :lol:
Basic parts you would need to buy for a basic low-pressure setup are a properly sized turbo ($100-500), rising rate fuel pressure regulator ($50-150), blow off valve ($100), and varioius pipes, tubes, hoses, lines, fittings and what not ($??). Fabricate all the exhaust piping, and you'll save mucho $$$.

I don't think there is a kit anywhere, but you might want to ask these guys http://www.force-fed-fabrications.com/index2.htm

I was just doing a little research myself and stumbled upon that site as well. They seem to be the best bet for info on 3.4L F-body turbos.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Lazerous on March 20, 2008, 08:58:50 PM
I was just doing a little research myself and stumbled upon that site as well. They seem to be the best bet for info on 3.4L F-body turbos.

Or you can swap in a V8.

Lazerous

Quote from: NACar on March 20, 2008, 09:00:01 PM
Or you can swap in a V8.

This summer shall hold some interesting opportunities. Either some serious Camaro mods or a Ninja 250...................or nothing at all. :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Lazerous on March 20, 2008, 09:01:38 PM
This summer shall hold some interesting opportunities. Either some serious Camaro mods or a Ninja 250...................or nothing at all. :lol:

Do you think you would seriously do a turbo? I would be extremely jealous.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on March 20, 2008, 08:38:36 PM
would wouldn't?

huh?

(I'm sorry, but dancing meatwad is quite distracting)

Lazerous

Quote from: NACar on March 20, 2008, 09:02:29 PM
Do you think you would seriously do a turbo? I would be extremely jealous.

If those guys offer a kit then I would be more than willing to undergo the project. However, I have little to no skills at welding and some of that fabrication shit you talked about. So it all depends.

I won't have much time in the summer but it will be a long summer so a couple of hours here and there should get the job done if I ever go through with it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Lazerous on March 20, 2008, 09:05:32 PM
If those guys offer a kit then I would be more than willing to undergo the project. However, I have little to no skills at welding and some of that fabrication shit you talked about. So it all depends.

I won't have much time in the summer but it will be a long summer so a couple of hours here and there should get the job done if I ever go through with it.

Or a Ninja

Lazerous

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Lazerous on March 20, 2008, 09:14:48 PM
:lol:

A Ninja would be the much easier route.

Yeah, so get a Ninja. The Camaro will pay for it.

Lazerous

Quote from: NACar on March 20, 2008, 09:17:19 PM
Yeah, so get a Ninja. The Camaro will pay for it.

I don't get any money from selling the Camaro, remember?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Lazerous on March 20, 2008, 09:19:29 PM
I don't get any money from selling the Camaro, remember?

In that case, you can sell it to me. I'll give you nothing for it!  :praise:

Lazerous

Quote from: NACar on March 20, 2008, 09:22:14 PM
In that case, you can sell it to me. I'll give you nothing for it!  :praise:

I'll get nothing for it. You'll have to pay up to my parents, though.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Lazerous on March 20, 2008, 09:25:40 PM
I'll get nothing for it. You'll have to pay up to my parents, though.

Tell them I will have $371 if I ever get my paycheck from last month,which reminds me...
WHERE IS MY DAMN PAYCHECK!?!?!?!?! I NEED TO BUY A CLUTCH WITH THAT MONEY!  :rage:

Lazerous

Quote from: NACar on March 20, 2008, 09:28:27 PM
Tell them I will have $371 if I ever get my paycheck from last month,which reminds me...
WHERE IS MY DAMN PAYCHECK!?!?!?!?! I NEED TO BUY A CLUTCH WITH THAT MONEY!  :rage:

Haha! You got robbed of your money!

omicron

Quote from: MX793 on March 20, 2008, 05:38:37 PM
Your car also rides on a chassis designed, and thus optimized, specifically for that car.  When you build a smaller car on the platform originally intended for a larger one, you end up with a car that is heavy for its physical size.  The platform is not optimized for use in a smaller car.

Why does the Challenger weigh 2 tons?  Because the full sized sedan platform it's built on is made heavy to support its primary design purpose.

Why is the 350Z so heavy for its size?  Because it's based on a platform that underpins not just a midsize car, but also a full size sedan and a crossover SUV.

And the Camaro's Zeta platform was originally developed as a four-door five-metre family sedan, five-door station wagon and two-door ute - so I don't expect a Camaro to weigh much less, if at all, than its V6/V8 Commodore equivalent.

SS-V manual = 1790kg (3946lb)
SV6 manual = 1725kg (3802lb)

LonghornTX

Quote from: r0tor on March 20, 2008, 07:17:29 PM
Like previously pointed out, these new pony cars are heavy as an anvil because of being parts bin specials - not because of safety or anything else.  I'd really think something that would sell in the volume of a Mustang/Camaro could at least get its own frikkin chassis....
The Mustang pretty much DOES have its own chassis.  It shares a few parts and design features with other cars, but for the most part, it is on its own chassis.

I really think you're logic is misguided, to be honest.  If you're RX8 had a V8 in it, and a strong enough braking system and drivetrain to support it, it would probably not be much lighter.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

LonghornTX

Quote from: R-inge on March 20, 2008, 08:38:45 PM
It's kinda like the return of the Mustang II SVO or whatever that was called...only good!
The SVO Mustang was quite good.  If this car is anywhere near as good (for its time of course), it will be a success.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Cobra93

Quote from: Lazerous on March 20, 2008, 12:31:50 PM
Awww, did the 'stang fanboys get all mad at my statement? :evildude:
Yeah, you really hurt my feelings. :rolleyes:  I crack a little joke and you get defensive. Get over yourself, sensitive ponytail guy.

QuoteCare to provide a link nethead? I looked through the first two pages but couldn't find it. Interior styling comes back to a persons personal taste, but to say these two cars ('stang vs 'maro) are only about some glitzy interior is just wrong.
http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=12721.0  Notice that almost everyone hated the interior. I hope GM does better with the production version, because I would definitely consider one. I guess I'm not much of a fanboy, after all.  :(

Byteme

Quote from: Lazerous on March 19, 2008, 09:07:39 PM
:nono:

Camaro and shitty are two terms that are never used in the same sentence. Mustang and shitty is a different story.

I had an 84 Camaro.  The Thesaurus listed the word "Shitty"  the entry was "See Camaro".

I do remember the iron Duke being offered in 84, but I think it was phased out in 85, with the 2.8 V6 being the base engine.

SVT666

Quote from: Byteme on March 24, 2008, 11:15:24 AM
I had an 84 Camaro.  The Thesaurus listed the word "Shitty"  the entry was "See Camaro".
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:rockon: