Kia Unveils Carnival/Sedona

Started by BMWDave, July 15, 2005, 07:58:26 AM

giant_mtb

QuoteWow.  Why give a van a manumatic?
so soccer moms can pretend they're driving a sports car on the way to the soccer game. :rolleyes:
Actually I wouldn't mind having a manumatic in any car...it would be kinda fun. ^_^

Raghavan

so soccer moms can pretend they're driving a sports car on the way to the soccer game. :rolleyes:
Actually I wouldn't mind having a manumatic in any car...it would be kinda fun. ^_^
in a minivan?
although those drifts seemed cool that Vin Diesel did in The pacifier with a Sienna. :P  

ifcar

in a minivan?
Says the same person who said that the Mazda5 ought to have a performance package with a unique platform.  :rolleyes:  

giant_mtb

in a minivan?
although those drifts seemed cool that Vin Diesel did in The pacifier with a Sienna. :P
Ehhh who cares how fast or slow the car is, it's still fun to choose your own gears.  And besides, my mom always wanted to be a race car driver...this would be perfect for her!  :P  (I'm serious)

Raghavan

in a minivan?
Ehhh who cares how fast or slow the car is, it's still fun to choose your own gears.  And besides, my mom always wanted to be a race car driver...this would be perfect for her!  :P  (I'm serious)
:o  :P  :D  

cozmik

Quote:lol: Nice Odyssey!
You think they look alike?  :blink:
Quite a lot, yes. The body lines are almost exactly the same. A few of the details are different, but the similarities are so blatant it's funny.
I noticed that as well. The Exterior is clearly inspired by the Honda, the interior by the Toyota.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Raghavan

in a minivan?
Says the same person who said that the Mazda5 ought to have a performance package with a unique platform.  :rolleyes:
yeah, but that was the whole deal. RWD, manual, and good handling. i don't see the point of having a manumatic in a comfy minivan.

Raza

Beats the hell out of a regular auto.  Once, I stuck it in D to save gas (I upshift later and hold gears longer than the auto does) and I accidently shoved the gear lever into neutral.  Old habits...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

in a minivan?
yeah, but that was the whole deal. RWD, manual, and good handling. i don't see the point of having a manumatic in a comfy minivan.
I dunno what the point is, but if my mom had this car I'd want to drive here everywhere she goes, regardless of shift speed or acceleration of the car...it would still be shifting your own gears which is fun.  :lol:  

BMWDave

QuoteWow.? Why give a van a manumatic?
Beats the hell out of a regular auto.  Once, I stuck it in D to save gas (I upshift later and hold gears longer than the auto does) and I accidently shoved the gear lever into neutral.  Old habits...
:lol:    

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

CaseyNPham

WHen I saw the concept in the C/D magazine, I thought "I hope this doesn't go into production"

I think the interior is nice FOR A KIA but the exterior is... Could I say funky??? The center console looks a little Fordish but that's nothing bad. I'd say it's alright, but being the awful person I am, it's still a Kia. ^_^
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

ifcar

It doesn't look strange from the outside, just bland. And bland is preferable to the ugly route that Honda took with its van.

And you think the interior looks like it's from a Ford? I don't see where you got that from, which model are you talking about?.