Mustang
6 (30%)
RSX
0 (0%)
RX-8
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 18

mazda6er

QuoteThe Crossfire starts at a lower sticker price, and is discounted through whatever Chrysler is calling its Employee Discount Plan.
As is the GTO through Chevy's discount program.  <_<  Let's not use pricing based on temporary promos, shall we? The Crossfire starts at a slightly lower price, but has virtually nothing on it.
The GTO along with the Vette and a few others are not discounted.
I thought someone researched that and confirmed that the GTO was discounted. In either case the price advantage, (if you can call it that considering the base model of the Crossfire, (the only one that's "cheaper" than the GTO) only comes in black and has no available options) is temporary.  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

giant_mtb

Quote350Z, no question.  But that might be because it's the only one of the choices that I've ever actually ridden in, but it's a helluva car by my standards.
Most of the Z-car purists don't seem to like the Z33. This is from the owner of a 1971 240Z and a 1982 280ZX Turbo:

I've driven a few (except for the new 300hp one) and I don't like how it drives. It can be "fun" for a short while, but it's not as refined as its European counterparts. The 350Z isn't really shy about hiding its weight when you drive it either. The whole thing feels really HEAVY. They really needed to spend more time on the drawing board with that car. Way to many flaws to turn me onto it.

For people who haven't driven better cars, they might be overwhelmed and impressed. I wasn't. Maybe I was expecting much better from Nissan.

Don't forget the tire feathering. Did they even fix that?

The Mustang has great power, but it's fairly heavy and has a solid rear axle. I know it's a good one, but it's still a solid rear axle.

I picked the RX-8 for its rotary power and its agility, but on a different day, maybe I'd pick the Mustang. It's close.
Yeah, they fixed it by customers simply buying different tires.  :P   That's what my Godfather did with his Z.  And, as that exerpt you show here says; "For people who haven't driven better cars, they might be overwhelmed and impressed."...Well...that pretty much explains it.  The 350Z is the fastest car by far that I've ever ridden in, and it handled like a champ by my standards.
I take it you havent ridden in a supercharged camaro or a GT mustang

The 350 defintitly is the fastest car in the world....but it does handle pretty good...i'd still rather have something else
The only forced-induction car I've ridden in is either a school bus or my Godfather's Beetle Turbo.  And I've never ridden in a Mustang, Camaro, or any muscle car, for that matter.  So yes, the 350Z is easily the fastest and best handling car I've ever been in.

ifcar

QuoteThe Crossfire starts at a lower sticker price, and is discounted through whatever Chrysler is calling its Employee Discount Plan.
As is the GTO through Chevy's discount program.  <_<  Let's not use pricing based on temporary promos, shall we? The Crossfire starts at a slightly lower price, but has virtually nothing on it.
I thought someone researched that and confirmed that the GTO was discounted. In either case the price advantage, (if you can call it that considering the base model of the Crossfire, (the only one that's "cheaper" than the GTO) only comes in black and has no available options) is temporary.
The GTO was included last month, but when they extended the program they removed it.

GMPenguin

QuoteIt also looks awesome..that's a plus.   Best performer, by far.
You still think that fat pig looks good? :lol:
:angry:

RX-8, I'd rather have handling than power, and it's pretty decent there too.

SJ_GTI

The GTO was included last month, but when they extended the program they removed it.
I think GM is fairly happy with how the GTO is doing now. It doesn't have any incentives on it anymore (unless you are in the military).

giant_mtb

I think GM is fairly happy with how the GTO is doing now. It doesn't have any incentives on it anymore (unless you are in the military).
Do they have incentives on all cars for military folk?

Run Away

I'm going to have to vote for the Mustang on this one...it actually handles quite well and is  significantly faster than all the others.

Tom

I guess I shouldn't have included the Crossfire with it's higher price.  I didn't realize it started so high, and did not bother looking it up.  Oh well, no one voted for it any way :P  

280Z Turbo

QuoteI'm going to have to vote for the Mustang on this one...it actually handles quite well and is  significantly faster than all the others.
Yeah, I heard that the new solid axle is actually pretty good, but nimble...I doubt it. At least not like an RX-8.

I liked the RX-8 because I prefer smaller, more nimble cars.

Raza

I'd take it over your car any day (or pretty much any other car in the category).  I've driven one, and it impressed me more than the GTO did, and you know how much I liked the GTO.  The 350Z felt lighter (which it is), faster (which, at the time, it was equal), and more responsive.  Also, with such a small cabin, it's okay to not have a sunroof.  Sort of.  

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

280Z Turbo

QuoteIt also looks awesome..that's a plus.?  Best performer, by far.
I'd take it over your car any day (or pretty much any other car in the category).  I've driven one, and it impressed me more than the GTO did, and you know how much I liked the GTO.  The 350Z felt lighter (which it is), faster (which, at the time, it was equal), and more responsive.  Also, with such a small cabin, it's okay to not have a sunroof.  Sort of.
Have you driven an RX-8?

Raza

Have you driven an RX-8?
Not yet, but from what I've seen with professional drivers, the 350Z would kill it around a balanced track.  It's a more practical car (and can easliy be an only car) but more practical doesn't make it a better performer.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.