Official Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A- & B-Class Pictures

Started by cawimmer430, March 29, 2008, 03:35:15 AM

dinkeldorf

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 02, 2008, 11:51:55 AM
That must have been before I joined this board.   :lol:

I'd like to step up someday into something fancier than my Civic.  I'd like something with a nicer interior and more toys, but I am really loathe to give up my consistent 30mpg and living in the city and I really don't want something much larger than what I currently drive.

That's easy:
http://www.acura.ca/Acura2006/BuildYourAcura/Step1.asp?modelname=CSX&year=2008

Paddle shifters, voice nav, daffodils.

:ohyeah:

Raza

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 02, 2008, 11:51:55 AM
That must have been before I joined this board.   :lol:

I'd like to step up someday into something fancier than my Civic.  I'd like something with a nicer interior and more toys, but I am really loathe to give up my consistent 30mpg and living in the city and I really don't want something much larger than what I currently drive.

This was like six years ago, back on C&D.  But now I think that with increasing gas prices smaller cars with more luxury features will become more common.  I mean, look at the UK market; you can buy a Nissan Micra that has a keyless ignition system.  The same type of keyless ignition that you used to pay a grand for on an S class.  You can get a lot of upscale features on low end market cars over there; I think it's great. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

dinkeldorf

Quote from: Tave on April 02, 2008, 01:27:46 PM
Oh please. Europeans enjoy size with luxury too.

That's true but equating luxury only with size is something that's likely to change.

akuma_supreme

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on April 02, 2008, 09:30:06 AM
Haha, a few years ago I floated the idea of ultra luxury small cars and was shot down by everyone.

To most Americans, luxury is almost solely defined by size.

Keyword: almost

BMW still sells craploads of 3-series here even though they're still smaller than the Camcord cars. Hell, I think the 5-series and E-class are similar in size to the Camcords, and they still don't have too much trouble selling those at 2x the price.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Madman on April 01, 2008, 10:11:45 PM
Or how about fitting twenty-four cupholders into a car designed to carry just seven people?

:lol:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: Tave on April 01, 2008, 10:33:03 PM
How much does a loaded A-class go for, anyway? There are better choices in the sub-compact market if you're worried about "economy," I believe is the point.

It doesn't make any sense to me to pay out the ass for a little shoe-box of a car. That three-pointed star commands a premium, and it's not worth it in this segment, IMO.

The A- and B-Class come basically only with fuel-efficient engines, except the '200 Turbo models.  :ohyeah:

These cars appeal to both young, middle-aged and senior citizens. They're for people who want a small and yet highly practical premium car that gets good gas mileage, is easy to drive and easy to park in the big cities and offers class-leading safety standards. When you buy an A-Class, you get first of all the Mercedes badge, a high level of safety, versatility and practicality (see pictures on previous page), quality and reliability (see KBA / ADAC recent surveys or AMS 100,000 km tests), a lot of standard features (and optionals) and an overall premium feel. If you've been to Europe and seen the competition, you can easily see that the A-Class stands out positively. Other cars might be better value, but they lack the safety aspect, they're not from a premium brand, they're not as versatile as the A-Class etc.

You're assuming that someone shopping for a Renault Modus or Honda Jazz is going to consider an A-Class or B-Class. Not really. The A- and B-Classes might be grouped into this class with several mainstream cars, but price and image-wise they are a class above.

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 02, 2008, 12:43:38 AM
For $30 grand, the A-class needs to be a lot more special than just being a narrowish hatchback with low-grade interior plastics and cloth.

Maybe you should sit inside the cars first, then comment. There is nothing low-grade about the interiior of the A or B-Classes.  :rolleyes:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

I always thought the A-class and B-class would be good for that show "My Sweet 16" cause when they get a car, they REALLY don't need an S-class, M-class or G-class.

I'm confused.....

If the A-class is a Supermini (B-segment) where does the B-class fit in?

Byteme

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: 2o6 on April 04, 2008, 07:08:18 AM
I always thought the A-class and B-class would be good for that show "My Sweet 16" cause when they get a car, they REALLY don't need an S-class, M-class or G-class.

I'm confused.....

B+.  A la Nissan NOTE, Renault Modus, Vauxhall Meriva etc.

2o6

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on April 04, 2008, 09:14:37 AM
B+.  A la Nissan NOTE, Renault Modus, Vauxhall Meriva etc.

Ok....then what is the Purpose of the Grand Modus?

akuma_supreme

dinkeldorf

hotrodalex

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on April 04, 2008, 07:08:18 AM

B-Class essentially is designed for the same target market as the A-Class but they're looking for more comfort and space primarily.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: dinkeldorf on April 04, 2008, 10:54:04 AM
Good call Carwimmer!

:praise:

Quote from: hotrodalex on April 05, 2008, 11:16:05 AM
Wimmer, I am officially scarred for life now...  :banghead:

There's a little bit of McDonalds in all of us!  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dinkeldorf

It isn't really Ronald's fault, more the urban planners & car depedency. But I'm scared to come back to this thread now  :(

ret

beautiful cars .... i don't think that the A is available in Canada

whenever i see a B-class, i feel like getting one just for its looks  :ohyeah:

it starts at around 30K and with options runs down to 35K, which is in the region of the Mini Clubman, which is an awesome package too in this segment 

cawimmer430

Quote from: ret on April 07, 2008, 07:52:36 AM
beautiful cars .... i don't think that the A is available in Canada

whenever i see a B-class, i feel like getting one just for its looks  :ohyeah:

it starts at around 30K and with options runs down to 35K, which is in the region of the Mini Clubman, which is an awesome package too in this segment 

Welcome to the forums.  :cheers:

In Europe a car like an A- or B-Class is very appealing given our parking problems in cities and high gas prices. These small premium cars offer a lot of versatility and interior space in a relatively compact body.

I would guess that the B-Class would be appealing in Canada for folks who often drive in the city.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ret

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 08, 2008, 03:47:08 AM
Welcome to the forums.  :cheers:

In Europe a car like an A- or B-Class is very appealing given our parking problems in cities and high gas prices. These small premium cars offer a lot of versatility and interior space in a relatively compact body.

I would guess that the B-Class would be appealing in Canada for folks who often drive in the city.  :ohyeah:

thanks

I do see B-class in Canada and it looks great .... not A -classes though as I said they may not be available in Canada

cawimmer430

Quote from: ret on April 08, 2008, 06:08:51 AM
thanks

I do see B-class in Canada and it looks great .... not A -classes though as I said they may not be available in Canada

A-Class isn't sold in North America.  :ohyeah:

If you're interested here is my latest B-Class testdrive: http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=13139.0

I've driven all variants of the B-Class. B150 to B200 Turbo.  :cheers:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ret

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 08, 2008, 06:23:51 AM

If you're interested here is my latest B-Class testdrive: http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=13139.0

I've driven all variants of the B-Class. B150 to B200 Turbo.  :cheers:

that was a nice review .... wondering how the B compares with its competition and something like the Mini Clubman, which i think is an awesome package too and probably is in the same price bracket

dinkeldorf

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 08, 2008, 06:23:51 AM

That depends entirely on whether you think Mexico is part of North America  :lol:

Submariner

Wimmer...I hope you burn in hell for that picture.  :lol:

And welcome, Ret.  :cheers:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

sportyaccordy

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

akuma_supreme

Because if you put a mercedes emblem on a 4-cylinder golf-sized hatchback then it becomes a luxury car.