Official Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A- & B-Class Pictures

Started by cawimmer430, March 29, 2008, 03:35:15 AM

Cookie Monster

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 08, 2008, 06:58:43 PM
Because if you put a mercedes emblem on a 4-cylinder golf-sized hatchback then it becomes a luxury car.
Please explain how size has ANYTHING to do with whether or not it's a luxury car...
You can have big non luxury cars like a Crown Victoria. Or does bigger automatically mean more luxurious? In that case, big rigs would be the epitome of luxury.
:rolleyes:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

akuma_supreme

Quote from: thecarnut on April 08, 2008, 07:00:27 PM
Please explain how size has ANYTHING to do with whether or not it's a luxury car...
You can have big non luxury cars like a Crown Victoria. Or does bigger automatically mean more luxurious? In that case, big rigs would be the epitome of luxury.
:rolleyes:

I suppose what I should have said is;  "Mercedes are inferior, overpriced, poorly built Scheisseautos.   The A-class and B-class only make this fact more glaring."

Raza

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 08, 2008, 11:09:40 PM
I suppose what I should have said is;  "Mercedes are inferior, overpriced, poorly built Scheisseautos.   The A-class and B-class only make this fact more glaring."

You poor fool.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 08, 2008, 11:09:40 PM

Oh, spread the gospel brother!

Look at the cheap plastics and poor build quality on that POS!

Crap.  Utter crap.  The only reason it's so widely praised is because Mercedes pays off all the car magazines.

Wow, talk about cheap looking!
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CALL_911

Hey Sub, I think the hood's open. Oh wait, it isn't.
:devil: ;) :lol:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

omicron

A manual A200 5-door without any options costs $42,900 - that's $12,910 more than a Golf 2.0 FSI or $13,910 more than a diesel Roomster. For what it is, it's questionable value.

Raza

Quote from: omicron on April 08, 2008, 11:47:14 PM
A manual A200 5-door without any options costs $42,900 - that's $12,910 more than a Golf 2.0 FSI or $13,910 more than a diesel Roomster. For what it is, it's questionable value.

To the people who value badges, it isn't. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

omicron

Quote from: Raza  on April 08, 2008, 11:51:57 PM
To the people who value badges, it isn't. 

One could probably steal a Mercedes-Benz badge for a bit less and stick that to a Crown Victoria. The versatility, practicality and efficiency would be outstanding!

nickdrinkwater

The BMW 1-Series topics are also posted in Luxury Talk and no one is arguing about that.

akuma_supreme

Quote from: Submariner on April 08, 2008, 11:26:52 PM
Oh, spread the gospel brother!
Look at the cheap plastics and poor build quality on that POS!
Crap.  Utter crap.  The only reason it's so widely praised is because Mercedes pays off all the car magazines.
Wow, talk about cheap looking!

Ein Scheisseauto,
Zwei Scheisseauto,
Drei Scheisseauto.

Automakers do pay off most car magazines- its called advertising revenue.  That doesn't count though does it?  Of course, Consumer Reports is far from rapt with Mercedes and they don't accept any advertising dollars.  hmm. . .

Wait!  let me guess!  Consumer Reports has some sort of undeclared axe to grind against Mercedes, just like they do the Detroit Three or the other two German luxury makes!  But, wait!  The Fusion is now recommended, as is the Edge, and numerous other domestics, as are several BMW and Audi models!  And not a single Mercedes makes the list.  In fact no Mercedes can even claim average reliability!  There must be some sort of conspiracy!

akuma_supreme

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on April 09, 2008, 01:13:02 AM
The BMW 1-Series topics are also posted in Luxury Talk and no one is arguing about that.

That's because BMW's are cool!   ;)

Vinsanity

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on April 09, 2008, 01:13:02 AM

I'm not a fan of the looks of the 1-series, but at least it doesn't look like it competes with the Honda Fit.

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on April 09, 2008, 10:20:02 AM
I'm not a fan of the looks of the 1-series, but at least it doesn't look like it competes with the Honda Fit.

The R class looks like it competes with the Caravan.

Does that mean we should put it in the minivan section?

You're being ridiculous.  Akuma moreso. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

akuma_supreme

Quote from: Raza  on April 09, 2008, 10:42:45 AM
The R class looks like it competes with the Caravan.

Does that mean we should put it in the minivan section?

You're being ridiculous.  Akuma moreso. 

But giving a wet slobbery verbal blowjob to all things under the three-pointed star is perfectly rational behavior?

I disagree with your estimation of the R-class.  I think it looks more like a hearse, especially in dark colors.

SVT666

The A class is ugly, but the B class isn't too bad.

Submariner

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 09:49:45 AM
Ein Scheisseauto,
Zwei Scheisseauto,
Drei Scheisseauto.

Automakers do pay off most car magazines- its called advertising revenue.  That doesn't count though does it?  Of course, Consumer Reports is far from rapt with Mercedes and they don't accept any advertising dollars.  hmm. . .

Wait!  let me guess!  Consumer Reports has some sort of undeclared axe to grind against Mercedes, just like they do the Detroit Three or the other two German luxury makes!  But, wait!  The Fusion is now recommended, as is the Edge, and numerous other domestics, as are several BMW and Audi models!  And not a single Mercedes makes the list.  In fact no Mercedes can even claim average reliability!  There must be some sort of conspiracy!

My BMW has had more problems than any Mercedes in my family, or any Mercedes owned by anyone I know. 

I can understand your distaste for Mercs of say...8 years ago, but times have changed.  Please catch up with them. 

akuma_supreme

Quote from: Submariner on April 09, 2008, 01:05:55 PM
My BMW has had more problems than any Mercedes in my family, or any Mercedes owned by anyone I know. 

I can understand your distaste for Mercs of say...8 years ago, but times have changed.  Please catch up with them. 

Wow!  You're basing your opinion about the quality of all BMW's based on one model (of unknown type or vintage except to yourself), and then comparing it against all the Mercedes that your family and acquaintances allegedly own.  That my friend is a thoroughly scientific and non-biased study on quality.  Consumer Reports might was well go out of business with experts like you on the job.  Bravo!   :clap:

For my money, the last time Mercedes built a decent car was the first-generation C-class.  At least that's the last one that had decent quality.

CALL_911

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 02:06:58 PM
For my money, the last time Mercedes built a decent car was the first-generation C-class.  At least that's the last one that had decent quality.

That alone just says that you need to do a little more research on their cars.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

akuma_supreme

Quote from: CALL_911 on April 09, 2008, 02:12:21 PM
That alone just says that you need to do a little more research on their cars.

What metrics are you using to prove their quality? 

Submariner

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 02:06:58 PM

What metrics are you using to prove their quality? If you think that their new models are lacking compared to say, the first generation C-class, you seriously have no clue as to what you are talking about.

akuma_supreme

Quote from: Submariner on April 09, 2008, 02:44:43 PM
What metrics are you using to prove their quality? If you think that their new models are lacking compared to say, the first generation C-class, you seriously have no clue as to what you are talking about.

When I'm referring to quality, I'm referring to how well the car holds together.  Most people don't like taking their cars to the dealerships.  I've known a few MB owners, and most of them have had to repeatedly take their cars to the dealerships for fixes.

I sat in a few MBs at the Phoenix auto-show, and I say without doubt that the newest C-class dashboard is garbage compared to my Civic's.  The materials are cheap and hard feeling, and I sincerely doubt they could survive more than one Phoenix summer.

Submariner

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 02:48:26 PM
When I'm referring to quality, I'm referring to how well the car holds together.  Most people don't like taking their cars to the dealerships.  I've known a few MB owners, and most of them have had to repeatedly take their cars to the dealerships for fixes.

I sat in a few MBs at the Phoenix auto-show, and I say without doubt that the newest C-class dashboard is garbage compared to my Civic's.  The materials are cheap and hard feeling, and I sincerely doubt they could survive more than one Phoenix summer.

What about the rest of the lineup?

What about the S-class

What about the E-class

What about the GL-class

What about the SL-class

Have you sat in them?  Have you admired them?  Have you passed judgment on their build quality?  I have a feeling you haven't seeing as there is no way you could come on this board and pass them off as cheap.  Seeing as you haven't, labeling an entire brand "cheap" based on one car in a line up of FOURTEEN is beyond stupid.

And no, you're wrong about the C-class.  I'm sorry, I don't care if it's your opinion.  You're a fucking moron. 

sportyaccordy

I still think it is a bit ridiculous to put these here. I'd feel the same if we were discussing an E140 Diesel taxi

850CSi

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 09:49:45 AM
Ein Scheisseauto,
Zwei Scheisseauto,
Drei Scheisseauto.

Consumer Reports is utter crap and everyone knows it. Pretty much every new car is reliable.

Have you driven the cars in question, or are you just talking out of your ass?

Cookie Monster

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 11:21:08 AM
But giving a wet slobbery verbal blowjob to all things under the three-pointed star is perfectly rational behavior?

I disagree with your estimation of the R-class.  I think it looks more like a hearse, especially in dark colors.
You don't have to like them (I don't like the B-Class), but to argue that they aren't luxury cars is stupid.
What's the the American belief that only bigger cars can be more luxurious (this is also directed at sporty).
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

akuma_supreme

Quote from: Submariner on April 09, 2008, 03:09:10 PM
What about the rest of the lineup?

What about the S-class

What about the E-class

What about the GL-class

What about the SL-class

Have you sat in them?  Have you admired them?  Have you passed judgment on their build quality?  I have a feeling you haven't seeing as there is no way you could come on this board and pass them off as cheap.  Seeing as you haven't, labeling an entire brand "cheap" based on one car in a line up of FOURTEEN is beyond stupid.

And no, you're wrong about the C-class.  I'm sorry, I don't care if it's your opinion.  You're a fucking moron. 

I've sat in most of the lineup.  They're all overpriced garbage.

Most of my opinion of them was shaped during my last couple of years in the mortgage industry.  During the boom years, many of my co-workers seemed to catch a "Mercedes-flu" and went out and bought representatives of their lineup.  The fleet at my office soon came to include an E55, SL55, CLK, two E-classes and an M-class. 

Without fail, each and every one of them needed numerous visits to the dealership. 

The owner of the SL55 once had his top freeze on him midway.  I remember this incident in particular because it happened in the parking lot at work.  Everyone went out to gawk at poor Tim's new toy now broken in the middle of the parking lot. 

It gets better though.  Since this was the middle of the summer. the dealership was out of Mercedes loaners when he brought it in, so they gave him a beige Taurus.  After paying almost $150k for a car, the best the dealer could give him was a beige  Taurus.  Finally, after much griping, the dealer somehow magically pulled a C-class loaner out of their ass to give him after the first week.  All told the car was in the dealer for almost a month.  Quality cars indeed!

Submariner

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 06:17:21 PM
I've sat in most of the lineup.  They're all overpriced garbage.

You're an idiot.

Most of my opinion of them was shaped during my last couple of years in the mortgage industry.  During the boom years, many of my co-workers seemed to catch a "Mercedes-flu" and went out and bought representatives of their lineup.  The fleet at my office soon came to include an E55, SL55, CLK, two E-classes and an M-class. 

Seeing as your head is still firmly lodged up your ass, let me retort with a comment you made.

"Wow!  You're basing your opinion about the quality of all BMW's based on one model (of unknown type or vintage except to yourself), and then comparing it against all the Mercedes that your family and acquaintances allegedly own.  That my friend is a thoroughly scientific and non-biased study on quality."

You managed to do exactly what you called me out for. 

Good work.

Without fail, each and every one of them needed numerous visits to the dealership. 

The owner of the SL55 once had his top freeze on him midway.  I remember this incident in particular because it happened in the parking lot at work.  Everyone went out to gawk at poor Tim's new toy now broken in the middle of the parking lot. 

Really?  My parents owned not one, but TWO Lexus LS 400's.  Both suffered engine failure before 100,000 miles.  Do you see me calling Lexus a cheap and poorly built car?

No, you don't.

It gets better though.  Since this was the middle of the summer. the dealership was out of Mercedes loaners when he brought it in, so they gave him a beige Taurus.  After paying almost $150k for a car, the best the dealer could give him was a beige  Taurus.  Finally, after much griping, the dealer somehow magically pulled a C-class loaner out of their ass to give him after the first week.  All told the car was in the dealer for almost a month.  Quality cars indeed!

Mercedes as cars are cheap because the dealership couldn't provide an decent car?
That doesn't reflect on the quality of the car itself dumbass.

Raza

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 11:21:08 AM

You've stated that you think the A and B classes are garbage.  Yet you've given no reasons. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

2o6

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 08, 2008, 06:58:43 PM
Because if you put a mercedes emblem on a 4-cylinder golf-sized hatchback then it becomes a luxury car.

The A-Class is Polo Sized. (Ok, Tall like a Renault Modus)

The A-Class has more luxury appointments than other superminis.