Winding Road: BMW 135i vs Infiniti G37 S

Started by cawimmer430, March 29, 2008, 04:03:07 AM

cawimmer430

Click link for entire article: http://magazine.windingroad.com/windingroad/200805/?folio=66

Hope you can find the results, I couldn't.
  :nutty:

:cheers:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

hotrodalex

Didn't see actual results, but it seems like the BMW won by a close margin.

the Teuton

So now they're comparing the tiny BMW to the bigger, better-equipped Infiniti. 
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

I tried reading Winding Road last night, but the format was infuriating.  Every other page is an ad, and half of the rest of the pages are ads as well, and on top of that, most of it is links, and once you click on one you can't get back to the page.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FordSVT

I'm not sure why they're comparing these two cars. The Infinity is bigger and costs about $7,000 Cdn. more with the same equipment. The G37 should be compared to the 335i, which come within a couple grand of one another.

The 135i is certainly a hot little car though. I can only imagine a 350-400 hp M version.

BimmerM3

Quote from: FordSVT on April 01, 2008, 07:22:00 AM
I'm not sure why they're comparing these two cars. The Infinity is bigger and costs about $7,000 Cdn. more with the same equipment. The G37 should be compared to the 335i, which come within a couple grand of one another.

The 135i is certainly a hot little car though. I can only imagine a 350-400 hp M version.

Is the G37 poorly equipped? In the US, it's only about a grand more base price, and I find it hard to believe that the BMW comes significantly better equipped than the Infiniti. I'm also not sure how the new G coupe is, but the last one had a bit of a tight back seat, just like the 1 series. Seems like a pretty good comparison to me.

Vinsanity

Admittedly, it seems like the 135 is a nicer everyday driver, but I still can't get over how ugly it looks compared to the G37. At least IMO.