Nissan GT-R V-Spec

Started by SVT666, April 07, 2008, 12:26:32 PM

GoCougs

Quote from: Lebowski on April 26, 2008, 11:53:30 AM
You realize you're arguing with a man who thinks Beowolf the movie is "deep", right?

Oh, wow - this is your contribution?

You supposed "Vette Guys" ain't going to make headway on this one. I think it exists solely because it's a legacy holdover dating back to the C2. Maybe you guys shouldn't take my position so seriously. It's all good.

(And it's Beowulf - check out the story, it's a good one.)

Lebowski

Quote from: GoCougs on April 26, 2008, 05:10:16 PM
Oh, wow - this is your contribution?

You supposed "Vette Guys" ain't going to make headway on this one. I think it exists solely because it's a legacy holdover dating back to the C2. Maybe you guys shouldn't take my position so seriously. It's all good.

(And it's Beowulf - check out the story, it's a good one.)

Wasn't meant as a contribution, it was simply a joke, and it's something I plan on making fun of you about for a long time to come.

And for the record, I'm not a "vette guy", I'm a car guy.  I like all good cars, and I don't really have any kind of brand loyalty (the whole concept of which I think is silly) towards any one make or model.  I bought a Corvette because it's the best sports car for the money that is still practical as a daily driver.  Like I said, it's the ultimate no-compromise sports car.  3-5 years from now, when I will have a practical second car and a larger bank account and I can therefore afford to compromise, I will most likely have something other than a corvette as my fun car.

Sigma Projects

what's wrong with the paint? I know there were times when the roofs of the vette were flying off cuz the glue was coming undone.

I don't get what's the big deal about the leaf spring? They took out all the problems that are found in leaf springs, developed their own system that works for them and the car shows track numbers that crush others. Even the famed jokester Clarkson on top gear made fun of the car's right quality, but off the camera in editorial responses and in other episodes he actually really likes the way the suspension rides and feels in the C6.

I probably now sound like a vette fan boy, but I'm just not seeing from the other side of things why everyone is hating the leaf springs in the vette. If the C6 has a good ride quality for the amount of performance it can offer, what's wrong with that?
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

GoCougs

Quote from: Lebowski on April 26, 2008, 09:53:49 PM
Wasn't meant as a contribution, it was simply a joke, and it's something I plan on making fun of you about for a long time to come.

And for the record, I'm not a "vette guy", I'm a car guy.  I like all good cars, and I don't really have any kind of brand loyalty (the whole concept of which I think is silly) towards any one make or model.  I bought a Corvette because it's the best sports car for the money that is still practical as a daily driver.  Like I said, it's the ultimate no-compromise sports car.  3-5 years from now, when I will have a practical second car and a larger bank account and I can therefore afford to compromise, I will most likely have something other than a corvette as my fun car.

This post actually makes me chuckle in more ways than one.

Lebowski

Quote from: GoCougs on April 27, 2008, 01:51:44 AM
This post actually makes me chuckle in more ways than one.

Good, glad you got a "chuckle" out of it.

Lebowski

Quote from: Sigma Projects on April 27, 2008, 01:18:31 AM
what's wrong with the paint? I know there were times when the roofs of the vette were flying off cuz the glue was coming undone.

It's just a cheap paint job.  There's a ton of orange peel on most cars, and it also seems to get other imperfections like swirl marks very easily.

GoCougs

Quote from: Lebowski on April 27, 2008, 07:26:54 AM
Good, glad you got a "chuckle" out of it.

Actually, the substance wasn't what I was thinking of; oh, never mind.

Not much more I can contribute, and I see a teh Internets escalation coming, which never end well.

Anyone feel free to send me an PM if they want to continue.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: R-inge on April 25, 2008, 11:14:42 PM

Fabricating one would be.  Much easier to find coil springs than custom transverse leaf springs.  I have a feeling a lot of the reason the C6R uses coilovers is because they are more adjustable and tunable on the fly.

For starters, coil spring rde height is easily adjustable on most coilover setups- I don't know how that could be accomplished on a leaf spring.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Lebowski

Quote from: GoCougs on April 27, 2008, 07:07:56 PM
Actually, the substance wasn't what I was thinking of; oh, never mind.

Not much more I can contribute, and I see a teh Internets escalation coming, which never end well.

Anyone feel free to send me an PM if they want to continue.

You clearly have something on your mind, so just say it, rather than acting like a catty little girl making vague references to something you supposedly think is funny.

sportyaccordy

*checks watch*

GT-R still deosn't excite me

Sigma Projects

Quote from: Lebowski on April 27, 2008, 07:29:42 AM
It's just a cheap paint job.  There's a ton of orange peel on most cars, and it also seems to get other imperfections like swirl marks very easily.

really bad swirl marks, or the normal stuff you see on all black cars that aren't cared for properly? I saw swirl marks on a black Carrera GT, yea a Carrera GT, I guess the owner just has that much money that he doesn't care that his paint job looks horrid now. Same with a Black R8, at first I didn't think it was a R8 because of the swirl marks when I saw it in my rear view mirror and the fact that they just came out. I think a lot of cars right now have a ton of orange peal I've seen porsche cayennes with orange peal. Does the paint fade? I know on cars that have composite panels they fade faster, supposedly owners of new M3s will have to face that issue with the steel/aluminum/carbon fiber panel mix.

JYODER240

These hologram looking lines in the paint are swirl marks and they come from someone who isn't very good with a buffer.

They're not caused be cheap paint.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Sigma Projects

ouch, that looks bad. Yea I would blame the person for bad care than the paint job. I know in the 90's a lot of japanese cars had smooth paint jobs, looked really nice, but they faded quicker than some and would peal easy. its' actually fun pealing the paint off my friends first gen miata  :tounge: But current paint seems just as good as any other brand. Maybe 8 years of use it'll be bad :huh: