2010 Ford Taurus pic leaked

Started by crv16, April 09, 2008, 07:00:31 AM

crv16

Between this and the new Malibu, it looks like American auto manufacturers are finally getting their mainstream styling groove back on...
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

ifcar

It doesn't look big enough to slot above the Fusion, and they seem to be Chrysler-ing the beltline. Best of luck to them, though.

Yawn

Looks alot better than what it is now..

the Teuton

A Superman among Homer Simpsons?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Cookie Monster

I think the headlights need to be a bit bigger but I like it.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

nickdrinkwater

Bland.  The belt-line's too high, as well.  I much prefer the Fusion.

93JC

Meh. :huh:

I much prefer the Five Hundred, to be honest. It was quite stylish, in a conservative way.

This car looks thrown together, like the newest Falcon.

SVT666

Quote from: 93JC on April 09, 2008, 10:11:54 AM
Meh. :huh:

I much prefer the Five Hundred, to be honest. It was quite stylish, in a conservative way.
It was stylish in a Al Gore kind of way.

93JC

You're entitled to your opinion, even though you're entirely wrong.

SVT666

Quote from: 93JC on April 09, 2008, 10:29:29 AM
You're entitled to your opinion, even though you're entirely wrong.

Thanks for proving my point. :ohyeah:

93JC

Whatever dude, you can go ahead and fondle yourself at the thought of this overgrown Hyundai.

FoMoJo

Not a particularly good picture but the grille looks like it has possibilities.  I don't object to the 3 bar grille on the Fusion, but it really does look like a rolling advertisement for Gillette.  This one looks a bit more stylish.

As for the original 500, with the chrome package, it looked okay.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT666

Quote from: 93JC on April 09, 2008, 10:37:51 AM
Whatever dude, you can go ahead and fondle yourself at the thought of this overgrown Hyundai.
Thanks for the permission.  I will do just that. :cheers:

ChrisV

Quote from: 93JC on April 09, 2008, 10:37:51 AM

I don't think it looks like a Hyundai. I think it looks like a larger version of the new Mondeo, and definitely takes styling cues from the Iosis show car.

I really think it looks attractive.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

FoMoJo

It has a big car look to it.  I see aspects of the Crown Victoria and the old Taurus in it.  The more I look at it the better I like it.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

akuma_supreme

I like it.  It looks to me like they kept the high-boy stance of the current model, but hacked off some of the edges to make it look a little more aerodynamic. 

For my fifty cents though, any car with a grille ain't a Taurus. :tounge:

Hondaboy9602

Quote from: ifcar on April 09, 2008, 07:03:31 AM
It doesn't look big enough to slot above the Fusion, and they seem to be Chrysler-ing the beltline. Best of luck to them, though.
I think it is the angle of the picture that makes it look that way.

I like it. I see a little 92-95 Taurus design in it.

Galaxy

It has a tad bit of Hyundai Sonata in it imo.

SVT666

SVT666

Early look: 2010 Ford Taurus illustrated
April9

In January, Ford announced it would make the unprecedented move of redesigning its Taurus sedan, which has been on the market for just one year. Given the short timeframe, we wondered how significant the changes could be. Following some research, we've put together an illustration of exactly what to expect when the 2010 Taurus arrives in less than a year.

The current Ford Taurus was unveiled in early 2007 as the 2008 Ford Five Hundred. It was then renamed to Taurus in an effort to take advantage of the nameplate's strong mindshare. Unfortunately, the move was not enough to boost sales or public perception of the model.

As a result, Ford CEO Alan Mulally ordered a complete redesign. Less than three months ago, he told the press the 2010 Taurus would be "the one we should have made originally."

Ford has decided to combine elements of its "Bold American" and European "Kinetic" design language for the 2010 model. While this isn't Ford's all-new design language (which will debut in several years), it is certainly a move in the right direction.

The basic three-bar grille remains, but it has been grafted onto a trapezoidal opening. A similarly shaped inverted air intake sits below the grille. The headlights have some detailing similar to other American Ford products, but their shape is decidedly European.

Is it a groundbreaking design? Not especially. Will it allow Ford to compete effectively against its Asian competition? Absolutely ? and that's what counts.

ThunderCharger

Oh sweetness! That'd be awesome. And when they say 2010 Taurus they mean the current Taurus/former Five Hundred right? I wouldn't worry about this replacing the Fusion. Compared to the current Five Hundred/Taurus, it's a bit more sculpted, but not so much so that it would look too out there. Really nice IMO.

CALL_911

It's so fast that they can't take the picture without the car being blurry.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

the Teuton

Ford Mexico's president told me that they are going to globalize their lineup as much as they can, so making the styling as international as possible is a good move.  So far, I like what I see.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

akuma_supreme

Quote from: the Teuton on April 09, 2008, 02:16:12 PM
Ford Mexico's president told me that they are going to globalize their lineup as much as they can, so making the styling as international as possible is a good move.  So far, I like what I see.

Contingent with that, I wonder if there is a long-term goal to harmonize the AU Falcon  the NA Taurus models?  Aussies might balk at FWD full-size cars, but I wonder how they'd feel about an AWD platform?

SVT666

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 02:21:37 PM
Contingent with that, I wonder if there is a long-term goal to harmonize the AU Falcon  the NA Taurus models?  Aussies might balk at FWD full-size cars, but I wonder how they'd feel about an AWD platform?
Is the Falcon as big as the Taurus, or is it more in-line with the Fusion?

akuma_supreme

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 09, 2008, 02:22:59 PM
Is the Falcon as big as the Taurus, or is it more in-line with the Fusion?

If OMI promises to go take a meter-stick to the nearest Falcon, I promise to go out and measure my mom's `96 SHO.   :tounge:

SVT666

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 02:24:58 PM
If OMI promises to go take a meter-stick to the nearest Falcon, I promise to go out and measure my mom's `96 SHO.   :tounge:
2008 Taurus is waaaay bigger then the '96 in your driveway.

akuma_supreme

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 09, 2008, 02:26:59 PM
2008 Taurus is waaaay bigger then the '96 in your driveway.

True,  although the one in my parents' driveway is waaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler.   :tounge:

the Teuton

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 02:28:59 PM
True,  although the one in my parents' driveway is waaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler.   :tounge:

Yeah, but with a little access to a wrecked Volvo V8 car and some mechanical know-how, I'm sure the new Taurus could be almost as cool.