Miracle Whip
9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Rupert

Quote from: CALL_911 on April 21, 2008, 06:14:44 PM
Yeah. Absolutely.

You're wrong, definitely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamic_acid_%28flavor%29

Basically, some few people have an adverse reaction to MSG, but it's otherwise perfectly safe. There seems to be some correlation between MSG intake and obesity, but it's controversial and weak. They also mention something about extremely large amounts of MSG possibly have negative neurological effects, but it seems to be nothing worth bothering about. MSG is listed as safe by all the places that list foods as safe and unsafe (FDA, etc.). The whole "OMg MSG iz teh badzz!" was started by an unscientific article by some guy who complained of numbness after eating in Chinese restaurants (which used a lot of MSG at the time).

Don't be so sure, kiddo. ;)
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

I like real mayo. Fake food sucks.

Of course, home made mayo is the best... There's this restaurant in Portland, OR that serves these really tasty burgers on home made buns with home made mustard, ketchup, and mayo. It pretty much puts all other mustards, ketchups, and mayos to shame.  :ohyeah:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

r0tor

QuoteMiracle Whip!   I put that shit on everything. Hoagies,steak-um,burgers,tunafish, basically anything with bread! Hell,when I was young I made Miracle Whip sammiches! Mayo will do when my first love is not around.

^ now thats what i'm talking about!  Miracle WHIP!!!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on April 21, 2008, 11:45:06 PM
Miracle Whip!  :wub: I put that shit on everything. Hoagies,steak-um,burgers,tunafish, basically anything with bread! Hell,when I was young I made Miracle Whip sammiches! Mayo will do when my first love is not around.

Where are you from?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Byteme

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 21, 2008, 02:06:42 PM
I disagree :huh:.  Any condiment made from a mixture of vegetable oil and egg yolk pales in comparison to bread fried in bacon fat ;).  Having a mother who grew up in rural Scotland, this was a breakfeast staple when we were kids.  I still crave it once in a while.

Oh, bacon's a different story altogether.

Bacon on anything is great.  A quick hint.  If you cook a burger and don't have any bacon prepared, just sprinkle some real bacon bits on it.  Just as good, with less mess to clean up.

I'm waiting for Homes to discover Bacon wrapped doughnuts.  "Ummmmmmmm....Bacon wrapped doughnuts..........(drool sounds)"  or even better,  "Bacon wrapped bacon".

Byteme

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on April 21, 2008, 11:45:06 PM
Miracle Whip!   Hell,when I was young I made Miracle Whip sammiches! Mayo will do when my first love is not around.

When I was a kid I used to make Miracle Whip sandwiches to make my sisters sick

One slice of bread, lightly toasted
Smear on a good layer of Miracle Whip
Spread on a layer of sweet pickle relish
Cover with whipped cream, Rediwhip
sprinkle on chopped nuts

The taste: Alright
The mess: Not much.
Seeing my sisters almost hurl:  Priceless.   :lol:

Raza

Quote from: Byteme on April 22, 2008, 06:56:44 AM
When I was a kid I used to make Miracle Whip sandwiches to make my sisters sick

One slice of bread, lightly toasted
Smear on a good layer of Miracle Whip
Spread on a layer of sweet pickle relish
Cover with whipped cream, Rediwhip
sprinkle on chopped nuts

The taste: Alright
The mess: Not much.
Seeing my sisters almost hurl:  Priceless.   :lol:

I just almost hurled.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=14328.msg808923#msg808923 date=1208867124
Where are you from?

He's from Cleveland IIRC.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: r0tor on April 21, 2008, 04:16:15 PM
in 1 tbsp of Miracle Whip has 2g of sugar and regular mayo has 1g -shrug-
That's double. :lol:

NomisR

Miracle whip sandwich sounds nasty... but that bread fried in bacon grease sounds good.. I can feel my blood clogging up just thinking about it.. YUM!!

r0tor

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 22, 2008, 08:31:23 AM
That's double. :lol:

double of next to nothing is still next to nothing!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 22, 2008, 08:08:54 AM

He's from Cleveland IIRC.

They say "hoagie" in Cleveland?

Th town can't be all bad then.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Raza  on April 22, 2008, 11:10:13 AM
They say "hoagie" in Cleveland?

Th town can't be all bad then.
Most people say Subs. The rest call em Hoagies!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

r0tor

we have hoagies in PA.... and subs at subway... and some people from out of the area call them hero's as well

Byteme

Quote from: r0tor on April 22, 2008, 04:43:50 PM
we have hoagies in PA.... and subs at subway... and some people from out of the area call them hero's as well

I've heard them called Torpedos, that was in the Tidewater area of Virginia.

Also heard:  Sub, submarine, hoagie, hero.

Raza

I remember the first time I went to California, we asked someone where we could get a good hoagie, and they were very confused.  I was six or so, so I was also very confused.   

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

omicron

A hoagie sounds like something green that was accidentally brought up during a rather serious sinus infection.

Raza

Quote from: omicron on April 23, 2008, 10:15:37 AM
A hoagie sounds like something green that was accidentally brought up during a rather serious sinus infection.

A hoagie is a long sandwich that tastes amazing.  I pity you.

But then again, I usually pity you.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Byteme

Quote from: omicron on April 23, 2008, 10:15:37 AM

That's a Lugie

omicron

Quote from: Raza  on April 23, 2008, 10:50:24 AM
A hoagie is a long sandwich that tastes amazing.  I pity you.

But then again, I usually pity you.

I'm rather weak and pathetic; 'tis true.

NomisR

Quote from: Raza  on April 23, 2008, 09:56:33 AM
I remember the first time I went to California, we asked someone where we could get a good hoagie, and they were very confused.  I was six or so, so I was also very confused.  

What's the difference between a hoagie, sub, hero, torpedo and whatever they call it.  Is there an actual style difference in the way they make it?

r0tor

not that i can tell... I can get either here and an "italian hoagie" will be the same damn thing and an "italian sub"

sometimes they have mayo or miracle whip on them too... i of course like miracle whip on them if possible  :tounge:

Lebowski

Miracle whip is a joke.  You miracle whip people are clueless, I feel sorry for you guys.

Real mayo all the way.  I usually buy Hellman's.

And yes, mayo belongs on a burger.

Lebowski

Quote from: Middle_Path on April 21, 2008, 02:52:34 PM

Miracle whip or mayo on a burger is a felony here.

Not sure where "here" is, but it sounds like a place not worth going to.

Raza

Quote from: r0tor on April 23, 2008, 01:30:40 PM
not that i can tell... I can get either here and an "italian hoagie" will be the same damn thing and an "italian sub"

sometimes they have mayo or miracle whip on them too... i of course like miracle whip on them if possible  :tounge:

I get oil and vinegar.  I hate mayo on Italian hoagies.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sandertheshark

I'm not big on mayonnaise, but I use the real stuff in my tuna fish.

sandertheshark

Quote from: Raza  on April 23, 2008, 05:08:38 PM
I get oil and vinegar.  I hate mayo on Italian hoagies.

Word.

NomisR

I still say Kewpie > Mayo/Miracle Whip

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi