Which do you prefer...

Mayo
17 (65.4%)
Miracle Whip
9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 24

omicron

Quote from: Madman on April 26, 2008, 01:30:29 AM
I think Miracle Whip is what you would call salad cream, but I could be wrong?

Cheers,
Madman of the People

I'm not sure. Generic supermarket mayonnaise is slightly tangy or tart; proper mayonnaise is rich, creamy and sweet; and as far as I know, the term salad cream isn't used on any products sold in South Australia.

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on April 26, 2008, 04:13:14 PM
You "pity" him for not knowing about a shitty, fake, processed product, but instead for eating a delicious HOME MADE mayonaise?

I pity you, along with about 95% of America that believes shitty processed fake foods, starbucks coffee, and chain restaurants are real food.  They're not.  They suck.

I'd rather butcher a whale and roll around in its raw yucky fat then choose real mayo over delicous Miracle Whip.

... I also like starbuck's lattes and I grew up in a household where going to the Red Lobster was considered as something reserved for special events and the Olive Garden also being considered as something more then fast food..

and well the majority of the small italian places in pennsyltucky suck anyway, including the last crazy high priced place I went to ($150 bill for me and the gf) which I'd rather kick myself in the crouch then go to again... but the place is so "cool" to the wannabe asshole NYC transplants who think going out to eat is more about the atmosphere then the frikkin food and can justify spending $150 for two people just to say you like going to a "cool" place...

oh, and this particular place is located in an outdoor "lifestyle" shopping mall like those made famous in nice places like SoCal.  Hello dipshits, the weather here sucks at least 1/2 the time in PA and nobody wants to be f'in walking in rain or in 10 deg F coldness going from store to store.  We actually like indoor malls because it gets us out of the shitty ass weather!  But we can't admit to that because those malls are not "cool" and "cultured" and the assclown NYC transplants will think we look like hillbilly's walking in an indoor mall.  Well, go f yourself NYC transplants and I will walking in my indoor mall and enjoy a good tasting meal for $40 for the two of us at the Olive Garden while you walk around freezing you "hip" asses off walking around outside and paying $150 for a meal that tastes like elephant shit but you know its not elephant shit because elephant shit doesn't cost that much and comes in bigger portions....

-takes deep breathe-

miracle whips FTMFW
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on April 29, 2008, 06:58:30 AM
I'd rather butcher a whale and roll around in its raw yucky fat then choose real mayo over delicous Miracle Whip.

... I also like starbuck's lattes and I grew up in a household where going to the Red Lobster was considered as something reserved for special events and the Olive Garden also being considered as something more then fast food..

Your taste buds don't work very well.

NomisR

Whales tastes pretty good.

Raza

Olive Garden is a nice place for lunch, that's it.  I don't know from what part of PA you are, but there is good food in the right places. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Laconian

My tastes are largely the result of what I ate when I was growing up. My parents only bought nonfat milk, so to me, 1% and 2% milk just taste too creamy. They bought Adams peanut butter instead of Jif, so I eat that now (although the stirring is still a pain in the ass.) And they bought Miracle Whip instead of mayo.

Mayonnaise doesn't add any taste to a sandwich, just sort of a bland wet taste, but Miracle Whip adds a nice zip that makes the sandwich contents taste fresher.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

r0tor

Quote from: Laconian on April 29, 2008, 12:01:13 PM
Mayonnaise doesn't add any taste to a sandwich, just sort of a bland wet taste, but Miracle Whip adds a nice zip that makes the sandwich contents taste fresher.

damn right!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Lebowski

My tastes are largely the result of what I ate when I was growing up. My parents only bought nonfat milk, so to me, 1% and 2% milk just taste too creamy. They bought Adams peanut butter instead of Jif, so I eat that now (although the stirring is still a pain in the ass.) And they bought Miracle Whip instead of mayo.

Mayo doesn't add much flavor cause that's not it's job.  You need to seriously improve your sammich making skills if you're counting on a shitty processed spread to add the flavour.  Flavour comes from the delicious cold cuts, and maybe a tomatoe or oil & vinegar.  Mayo is mainly to keep the sammich from being too dry.  On a burger, mayo prevents the bun from getting soggy via grease absorption.

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on April 29, 2008, 01:03:31 PM
Mayo doesn't add much flavor cause that's not it's job.  You need to seriously improve your sammich making skills if you're counting on a shitty processed spread to add the flavour.  Flavour comes from the delicious cold cuts, and maybe a tomatoe or oil & vinegar.  Mayo is mainly to keep the sammich from being too dry.  On a burger, mayo prevents the bun from getting soggy via grease absorption.

why not just rub lard on your sammich if you want grease but no flavor?  ...might be a little more healthy actually

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on April 29, 2008, 01:08:42 PM
why not just rub lard on your sammich if you want grease but no flavor?  ...might be a little more healthy actually

Lard doesn't have the creamyness of mayo.

r0tor

Quote from: Raza  on April 29, 2008, 11:50:11 AM
Olive Garden is a nice place for lunch, that's it.  I don't know from what part of PA you are, but there is good food in the rig

i know not of what this "rig" is...

Middle_Path

Thank God we have Lebowski on defense. Rotor, you farking lunatic, miracle whip is bullshit trailer park spread. And Olive Garden, seriously dude? That's not even Italian food. It's TV dinners presented to you in a sort of nice fashion while trying to fill you up with bread/salad. You best be trolling M-F!
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

Raza

Quote from: r0tor on April 29, 2008, 01:18:41 PM
i know not of what this "rig" is...

The mobile site has a rather small post cutoff.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Byteme

My tastes are largely the result of what I ate when I was growing up. My parents only bought nonfat milk, so to me, 1% and 2% milk just taste too creamy.

So what do you think of whole milk?

Raza

Whole milk is great.
Tastes like ice cream compared to skim.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

omicron

Quote from: Raza  on May 01, 2008, 07:39:58 AM
Whole milk is great.
Tastes like ice cream compared to skim.

Skim milk is horrid - watery, limp and insipid.

NomisR

Quote from: omicron on May 01, 2008, 08:08:24 AM
Skim milk is horrid - watery, limp and insipid.

It's milk flavored water basically

r0tor

and most of the time it doesn't taste like good water either....

Rupert

Quote from: NomisR on May 01, 2008, 09:16:22 AM
It's milk flavored water basically

I've been saying that for literally years.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

saxonyron

You Miracle Whip guys :nono:  I'm in the home made mayo camp, although I haven't had that in a while.  Go to Trader Joes and get their mayo - not home made, but better than the big label schlock.  A sammich without mayo is like a day without sunshine! And yes, Miracle Whip is best served in a double wide on Wonder Bread. :devil:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Soup DeVille

Quote from: saxonyron on May 01, 2008, 09:36:05 PM
You Miracle Whip guys :nono:  I'm in the home made mayo camp, although I haven't had that in a while.  Go to Trader Joes and get their mayo - not home made, but better than the big label schlock.  A sammich without mayo is like a day without sunshine! And yes, Miracle Whip is best served in a double wide on Wonder Bread. :devil:

With baloney. Not bologna.

Baloney.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

omicron

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 01, 2008, 09:38:42 PM
With baloney. Not bologna.

Baloney.

Bologna? Baloney? Tsk.

Mortadella!

Middle_Path

You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

Lebowski

Quote from: saxonyron on May 01, 2008, 09:36:05 PM

Coincidentally, there was an episode of good eats on tv last week that was about how to make home-made mayonaisse.  It's pretty easy to make, but the deal killer for me is that it only stays good in the fridge for about a week.

r0tor

food poisoning from mayo FTMFL!!

akuma_supreme

I can't believe this.  4 pages about Mayonnaise vs. Miracle Whip?

This should have been resolved in the first page.  Everyone knows Mayo is superior to that synthetic abomination Miracle Whip. :tounge:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: omicron on May 02, 2008, 12:37:31 AM
Bologna? Baloney? Tsk.

Mortadella!

I think perhaps you missed the implications of wonder bread and double wides.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Lebowski

Quote from: akuma_supreme on May 02, 2008, 09:49:21 AM
I can't believe this.  4 pages about Mayonnaise vs. Miracle Whip?

This should have been resolved in the first page.  Everyone knows Mayo is superior to that synthetic abomination Miracle Whip. :tounge:

You would think.  But we have people on this board who think The Olive Garden is fine dining.  I have a feeling there is a strong overlap between the "Olive Garden/Red Lobster is fine dining" crowd and the Miracle Whip crowd.  In that case, they can have their miracle whip - more mayo for the rest of us!

r0tor

i laugh at all the mayo people in the hospital because their mayo poisoned them

r0tor

... and i went to the olive garden last night!