Leaked new 911 specs.

Started by 565, May 01, 2008, 07:36:25 PM

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/2009-porsche-911-details-leaked/

I hope it's not fake.

"New documents resembling official internal specification lists for the upcoming 2009 Porsche 911 range have appeared on a number of internet forums, revealing crucial details about engine outputs, a new dual-clutch transmission and optional features and electronics. The big news is the introduction of a new seven-speed dual-clutch transmission called Porsche Doppelkupplung or PDK for short.

Other important changes include the introduction of a new set of direct-injection engines rated at 345hp in the Carrera and 385hp in the Carrera S. There?s also a boost in torque levels with an additional 20Nm for both the 3.6L and 3.8L engines. Other goodies include a new Chrono sport package, launch control, an upgraded brake package and an upshift indicator in the instrument cluster.

Non-performance items include a new touchscreen navigation system, LED daytime running lights, ventilated seats and a new color range. The updated Porsche range should make its world debut at the Paris Motor Show in October"

Finally dual clutch tranny on a Porsche.  This dual clutch thing really is looking to be the thing of the future.

CALL_911

It probably isn't fake. The 996 got a facelift at 4 years into the model cycle as well. The 997 was due.

Just to clarify, for anyone who might think this is the 998, it's for the facelifted 997.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

MX793

The latest C&D claims 340 and 370 hp.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

sportyaccordy

I am hoping they come out with an economy version. Maybe with a diesel 2.7L flat 6

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: sportyaccordy on May 01, 2008, 09:47:39 PM
I am hoping they come out with an economy version. Maybe with a diesel 2.7L flat 6

A diesel Boxster would be cool.

Vinsanity

Why would someone take (what would turn out to be) a 912 over a Boxster or Cayman?

Raza

They will likely come out with a hybrid.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lebowski

Sounds believable to me ... in fact I'd argue it's not only believable, but necessary to remain competitive at this point.  For the first time in a long time, the 911 model line has some legitimate competition in it's price range with the GTR and the R8.

An economy version would be stupid.  Porsche is the world's most profitable automaker because their (relatively) low volume, high price point business model works.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on May 03, 2008, 08:30:32 PM
Sounds believable to me ... in fact I'd argue it's not only believable, but necessary to remain competitive at this point.  For the first time in a long time, the 911 model line has some legitimate competition in it's price range with the GTR and the R8.

An economy version would be stupid.  Porsche is the world's most profitable automaker because their (relatively) low volume, high price point business model works.

Without an economy version, Porsche may have to pull out of Europe.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on May 03, 2008, 08:35:14 PM
Without an economy version, Porsche may have to pull out of Europe.

Riiight.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on May 03, 2008, 08:37:55 PM
Riiight.

They've already threatened to do it.

EU CO2 regulations make cause Porsche to take billions of Euros in fines if they want to continue to sell in mainland Europe.  I can grab the article if you want.  It's in the latest issue of Evo.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on May 03, 2008, 08:43:38 PM
They've already threatened to do it.

EU CO2 regulations make cause Porsche to take billions of Euros in fines if they want to continue to sell in mainland Europe.  I can grab the article if you want.  It's in the latest issue of Evo.

1) They "threatened" to.  It's called political posturing.

2) If the standards go into effect, my call is they merge w/ VW to get around it (I'm guessing it's corporate average bullshit like CAFE, right?)

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on May 03, 2008, 08:49:14 PM
1) They "threatened" to.  It's called political posturing.

2) If the standards go into effect, my call is they merge w/ VW to get around it (I'm guessing it's corporate average bullshit like CAFE, right?)

Yes, and yes.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

AltinD

Their engines comply with EURO 5 emission standarts, so i doubt they will have much to worry.

And the specs looks more then credible. A dual clutch 7 speed gearbox was launched earlier this year by Audi and the 6.5" touch screen navigation was first introduced in the VW Tiguan last year and now available accross the VW range except the Phaeton (I also have it in my car).

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

nickdrinkwater

Porsche will never pull out of Europe.