A Mazda 3 weak point

Started by Byteme, May 02, 2008, 06:41:50 AM

MrH

Quote from: R-inge on May 04, 2008, 10:01:14 PM
It's better.  They're still wicked stiff.

Some cars are much better off with them though.  I'm probably going to be getting front, rear, and side motor mounts for my car.  I'll probably end up with aluminum mounts with polyurethane bushings.  Just get a lower durometer.  Yeah, there'll be some vibration, but as it is, Protege's eat through motor mounts, and have really bad wheel hop that's supposedly mostly solved with new motor mounts.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

S204STi

Quote from: MrH on May 04, 2008, 11:17:01 PM
Some cars are much better off with them though.  I'm probably going to be getting front, rear, and side motor mounts for my car.  I'll probably end up with aluminum mounts with polyurethane bushings.  Just get a lower durometer.  Yeah, there'll be some vibration, but as it is, Protege's eat through motor mounts, and have really bad wheel hop that's supposedly mostly solved with new motor mounts.

If it has an advantage and you can deal with the NVH, then go for it.  I know I wouldn't do it, but then my car doesn't have wheel hop issues. :lol:

Byteme

I took in in yesterday morning for repairs.  They told me it wouldn't be long so I decided to wait.  The mechanic started on it at 8:00 AM.  At 8:15 I was handed the keys told they would mail me the paperwork.   It's a pretty good Mazda dealership.   :lol:

Submariner

Quote from: CJ on May 04, 2008, 12:02:45 PM
My brother just bought aluminum motor mounts for the Integra.  Is this a bad thing?

Yes.  The engine will seize, then blow up.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550