So much work to be done on my car... slightly overwhelmed

Started by sportyaccordy, May 03, 2008, 12:35:26 PM

sportyaccordy

I am just thinking about all the stuff I want to/have to do on my car right now...

HAVE TO DO's
Replace driver's side axle (possibly have to drop tranny as well)- $Labor
Replace front header and y-pipe (I bought a Fed spec front header... more power)- $300 or so
Fix my hood from accident (not really super necessary but I hate how it looks)- $200 or so
Alignment- Free, Sears owes me
Front rotors/pads- $150

WANT TO DO's
Pending dropping tranny
Short throw shifter- $150
5th gen clutch- $150
Audio- 4ch amp + interior speakers- $500
Front lip- $200

That's like $2000 in stuff... about $1000 I have to spend on maintenance/repairs. I dunno. I like the car but it just kinda sucks right now to have to spend that money, I would rather save it :(

Secret Chimp

To be fair, the only "have tos" on there are the axle, alignment and the brakes, unless your exhaust is rusted open.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

hotrodalex

Haha, I used to spend $2000 a month when I was getting my Camaro together.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: hotrodalex on May 03, 2008, 04:27:19 PM
Haha, I used to spend $2000 a month when I was getting my Camaro together.

That's vulgar man

Only thing that sucks is there are so many good deals to be had. Like, I know about 3 people selling the same wheels I want, and they are getting desperate. I don't know when a deal like that will come again... but then I will have new wheels, bad brakes, a bad axle and a need for alignment

hotrodalex

Quote from: sportyaccordy on May 03, 2008, 06:42:55 PM
That's vulgar man

Only thing that sucks is there are so many good deals to be had. Like, I know about 3 people selling the same wheels I want, and they are getting desperate. I don't know when a deal like that will come again... but then I will have new wheels, bad brakes, a bad axle and a need for alignment

Haha, yeah, I doubt your lifestyle is set up to spend $2000 a month on cars, like mine is. I'm not married and have a small house, so I can afford to spend a ton on cars.

What's wrong with your axle? Is it bent? If so, get that done first. Then I would get the hood fixed, then the headers & y-pipe, then alignment and brakes.

Rupert

Don't you think alignment and brakes are more important that a fancier header and Y-pipe? 0_o
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

hotrodalex

Quote from: Psilos on May 03, 2008, 08:44:55 PM
Don't you think alignment and brakes are more important that a fancier header and Y-pipe? 0_o

Depends on how bad the alignment and brakes are.  :huh:

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

sportyaccordy

I just picked up some free audio equipment this weekend as well. But I would have to spend $$$ to utilize it. Dammit...

I will do my brakes next, and then decide how to proceed with the axle, as I have to drop the tranny to get it out. Damn c-clip

AutobahnSHO

ha I heard japanese axles Sux.
On a Taur-ass you just pop off the center hub nut, control arm, and pry and bang to get the brake/ steering knuckle off..

Just don't do the alignment until after you're done with that.

(And PS- I know that money might be tight but I've always heard you should replace both axle$ at the same time or the other one will fail 6months later..   Dunno why!?)
Will