2010 240SX?

Started by SVT666, May 05, 2008, 02:09:14 PM

FlatBlackCaddy

Nissan is really coming back in the sports car arena.

The new GT-R.

The rumored lighter and more focused Z and now a possible silvia replacement.

Sounds good.

Vinsanity

not like I'd miss it or anything, but what would this mean for the Altima coupe?

Payman

Looks similar to it's main competitor... the Hyundai Genesis Coupe. But 172" long and 69" wide is too big. With the potentially awesome turbo fours, it should be more compact and less than 2800 lbs.

MrH

Variable compression ratio?  I'm intrigued...

Sounds pretty complex though.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Nethead

Nissan, can somebody somewhere stop all these models until you can restore the reliability to the models you already have in production? 

I've had two great Nissans (well, one was a Datsun--arguably the best vehicle I've ever owned in a strict definition of "best") but I'm not buying a third until there's been three consecutive years of the quality Nissan was once famous for.  "Fast" is fine, "Reliable" is better. I wish Nissans were only built in Japan like the legendary Datsun truck :wub:, 240Z :wub:, and 510 :wub: that built Datsun/Nissan's original reputation of bulletproof reliability and performance.
So many stairs...so little time...

Payman

Quote from: Nethead on May 05, 2008, 02:44:27 PM
Nissan, can somebody somewhere stop all these models until you can restore the reliability to the models you already have in production? 

I've had two great Nissans (well, one was a Datsun--arguably the best vehicle I've ever owned in a strict definition of "best") but I'm not buying a third until there's been three consecutive years of the quality Nissan was once famous for.  "Fast" is fine, "Reliable" is better. I wish Nissans were only built in Japan like the legendary Datsun truck :wub:, 240Z :wub:, and 510 :wub: that built Datsun/Nissan's original reputation of bulletproof reliability and performance.

Uh-huh.  :rolleyes:

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Payman on May 05, 2008, 02:25:27 PM
Looks similar to it's main competitor... the Hyundai Genesis Coupe. But 172" long and 69" wide is too big. With the potentially awesome turbo fours, it should be more compact and less than 2800 lbs.

I'm guessing(well praying actually) that this silvia would be based of the NEXT Z(370). If it was based off the newer lighter 370(which should be around 3000lbs) then this thing might have a chance of hitting your target.

Gotta-Qik-C7

It reminds me of the Genesis Coupe.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Raza

Shortened 350Z chassis?  Does that mean it's going to be two seats?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on May 05, 2008, 03:59:18 PM
Shortened 350Z chassis?  Does that mean it's going to be two seats?

It's probably going to have a useless midget-sized rear seat just like all the SX cars that came before it.

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on May 05, 2008, 04:01:53 PM
It's probably going to have a useless midget-sized rear seat just like all the SX cars that came before it.

How?  As I recall, the G35 coupe wasn't very spacious in the back, and that was based on a lengthened Z chassis.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on May 05, 2008, 04:05:10 PM
How?  As I recall, the G35 coupe wasn't very spacious in the back, and that was based on a lengthened Z chassis.

911 style rear seats?

Basically a fold down parcel shelf with a cushion and a seat belt.

NomisR

Well, since the engine would be slightly smaller, they can push the engine slightly foward to create more interior room. 

MX793

I wouldn't doubt that Nissan would make a new Silvia... for the JDM market.  I highly doubt that the car would ever see American shores.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MX793

Quote from: NomisR on May 05, 2008, 04:51:42 PM
Well, since the engine would be slightly smaller, they can push the engine slightly foward to create more interior room. 

An inline 4 cylinder probably isn't any smaller than a V6 when mounted longitudinally.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MX793

Quote from: Vinsanity on May 05, 2008, 04:01:53 PM

The seat wasn't useless, it was just very very uncomfortable for passengers.
Needs more Jiggawatts

r0tor

they should just start selling the S15 again but in the US.. it would sell like hotcakes
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

sandertheshark

I love the idea of a new 240SX but I don't like the look of the concept.

NomisR

Quote from: MX793 on May 05, 2008, 05:11:53 PM
I wouldn't doubt that Nissan would make a new Silvia... for the JDM market.  I highly doubt that the car would ever see American shores.

Well, Japanese has been bringing a lot of the cars that were originally JDM market only in recent years, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Silvia actually comes to our shores.  Nobody ever thought the Evo or STi were ever coming here, and look at them now.  Although the Evo is kinda .. well fat..

Sigma Projects

the concept just looks like a chop. The way they said it will be built makes it sound like a Miata/Solstice/Sky competitor... Shorter than a Z? The Z isn't very long. Either way I'm interested in what they bring out.
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

omicron

Very pleasing news. The final Silvia was a smashing car, and excellent value for what it offered, so anything that follows a similar formula sounds quite promising.

Nethead

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on May 05, 2008, 04:44:04 PM
911 style rear seats?

Basically a fold down parcel shelf with a cushion and a seat belt.

True.  A glovebox with upholstery--and not too bad for the gloves if the gloves are small.  I hitched a ride with a couple out to Ocean City in their Porsche and made the ride in the upholstered glovebox behind the real seats.  It had to be better than the same ride woulda been in the engine compartment, but not by much... 
So many stairs...so little time...

hotrodalex

Is it just me or does the concept look like it was inspired by the Mercedes SLR McLaren?

Sigma Projects

am i not seeing extra images? Just looks like a 7th gen celica chopped.

RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

Pommes-T

That's very good news. I'll never forget a ride in a 240SX when I worked for Nissan for a few weeks.
'00 BMW 523i