Challenger SRT8 vs Mustang Bullitt

Started by 565, May 05, 2008, 07:50:09 PM

Nethead

Quote from: Sigma Projects on May 08, 2008, 03:09:31 PM
thanks nethead, I don't hear much about it, but it's from ConTex, I found it on this review. http://www.mustang50magazine.com/howto/15419_contex_ultra_sport_suspension_system/index.html

I was searching for it since Mustangs do a lot of road racing and have a SRA, so I was looking around for ideas for my celica. Not sure how many people will get this kind of setup since it it's really for the track, this for sure wouldn't be comfortable on bumpy roads. But the article said that on the track it's more comfortable than the traditional ultra stiff suspension.

FoMoJo: Oh ok, yea IRS would have less unsprung weight, just when he said IRSs are lighter than SRAs, that's why I responded since SRAs can be lighter by 100~150lbs in the overall assembly.

Sigma Projects:  Sig, that's a heckuva article!  Thank you for the trouble you went to on our behalf!  It would be terrific to see an FR500C maxed around a track to get a best time in five laps--and then have first the rear suspension swapped out for the ConTex Ultra Sport rear suspension and another five laps followed by the front suspension swapped out for the ConTex parts and a third set of five laps put in.  Then we'd have minutes & seconds for a highly developed "conventional" SRA set-up, minutes & seconds for just a ConTex rear swapped in, and minutes & seconds for the full ConTex front-and-rear swapped in.  This would be damned interesting!  Cory Shaw ought to be taking blueprints and hardware to Dan Davis of Ford Racing and showing Dan what his equipment can do!  If it works well enough, he could license its use to Ford, and perhaps its production to Ford if they would be interested in equipping large numbers of Mustangs with it.  Ol' Cory Shaw is a slick dude indeed!   
So many stairs...so little time...

Sigma Projects

np, yea Shaw is pretty crazy. I too would really like to see the track times. It's also nice how much the ConTex kit lightens up the car.
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

Soup DeVille

Quote from: omicron on May 09, 2008, 08:56:44 AM
Engineers are like that; a bit of an undisciplined rabble.

More often, they aim high and are burdened by the ridiculous requests of people who don't actually know how shit works, and the more insidious people who only know what everything costs.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Sigma Projects

omicron

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 09, 2008, 03:15:43 PM
More often, they aim high and are burdened by the ridiculous requests of people who don't actually know how shit works, and the more insidious people who only know what everything costs.

I don't actually know how shit works!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: omicron on May 11, 2008, 06:52:34 AM
I don't actually know how shit works!

You'll be able to understand this: I was once asked to install a light that indicated when all power to the machine had been disconnected.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Sigma Projects

SVT666

Dodge Challenger SRT8 causes hour delay at Detroit-Windsor Tunnel
May 11

The 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 has been making touring the U.S. auto shows for a few months now, but apparently the new hasn't worn completely off yet. A Challenger SRT8 piloted by Chrysler Canada CEO Reid Bigland caused an hour delay at the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel as the border patrol checked out the new ride.

The Chrysler exec was traveling from his Ontario office to his Detroit office when the incident occurred. Apparently the border patrol inspected every inch of the car before letting it pass, causing an hour delay for everyone behind Bigland.

But despite the attention the car received, Bigland didn't garner much attention. "They checked out everything but my ID," Bigland told The Detroit News.

SVT666

SMS to offer two performance versions of 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
May 12

The 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T isn't even on the market yet, but famed tuner Steve Saleen has announced that his newest company ? SMS ? will be offering two performance variation of Chrysler's newest pony car. Dubbed the SMS 570TM Challenger and SMS 570XTM Challenger, the two models promise to up the Challenger's performance to supercar levels.

Both models will feature a supercharger atop the Challenger R/T's 5.7L HEMI V8, but the SMS 570XTM Challenger will take top bill in the performance department. While the SMS 570TM Challenger will make a stout 500 horsepower, the SMS 570XTM Challenger will pack over 700 angry ponies, according to AllPar.com.

In addition to dragster-esque horsepower ratings, the two cars will sport a number of other performance features, including an upgraded drivetrain, a beefier suspension, performance wheels and tires, aerodynamic improvements and a unique interior.

To finish off the package, all modified Challengers will wear special badging and will be signed by Steve Saleen.

LonghornTX

People should know that Mustangs, even the Bullitt, come pretty soft from the factory.

The real of joy of Mustangs (and really ANY cheap performance car) is what you do with them after you make the purchase...
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Sigma Projects

ditto.

That's why I really like the idea of buying a cheap base and then modding the crap out of it.

omicron

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 12, 2008, 08:28:41 PM
SMS to offer two performance versions of 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
May 12

The 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T isn't even on the market yet, but famed tuner Steve Saleen has announced that his newest company — SMS — will be offering two performance variation of Chrysler's newest pony car. Dubbed the SMS 570TM Challenger and SMS 570XTM Challenger, the two models promise to up the Challenger's performance to supercar levels.

Both models will feature a supercharger atop the Challenger R/T's 5.7L HEMI V8, but the SMS 570XTM Challenger will take top bill in the performance department. While the SMS 570TM Challenger will make a stout 500 horsepower, the SMS 570XTM Challenger will pack over 700 angry ponies, according to AllPar.com.

In addition to dragster-esque horsepower ratings, the two cars will sport a number of other performance features, including an upgraded drivetrain, a beefier suspension, performance wheels and tires, aerodynamic improvements and a unique interior.

To finish off the package, all modified Challengers will wear special badging and will be signed by Steve Saleen.

The Short Messaging Service Five Hundred And Seventy Ex Tee Em Challenger?

I don't think that's long enough.

Nethead

omicron:  Okay.  Then howzabout "The Short Messaging Service Five Hundred And Seventy Ex Tee Em Challenger Road/Track Ess Ar Tee Eight"? 
Better?
So many stairs...so little time...