Subway
15 (55.6%)
Quiznos
8 (29.6%)
Other
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

r0tor

like i said before... the local places are just too bland.  I've never seen pepperoni offered on a hoagie at any of the local places.  Sure they can pile on tremendous amounts of quality meat at the local meat market near my work - but its always the standard ham , more ham, more ham, a slice of salami, and very limited condiments (Lettuce, onion, tomatoe). 

If your into a lunchmeat sammich instead of a wide variety of taste - then its fine.  Otherwise, you need to go to a place that can manufacture more taste.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on May 08, 2008, 05:28:02 PM
like i said before... the local places are just too bland.  I've never seen pepperoni offered on a hoagie at any of the local places. 

How can a local sammich shop not have pepperoni?   :huh:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: r0tor on May 08, 2008, 05:28:02 PM
like i said before... the local places are just too bland.  I've never seen pepperoni offered on a hoagie at any of the local places.  Sure they can pile on tremendous amounts of quality meat at the local meat market near my work - but its always the standard ham , more ham, more ham, a slice of salami, and very limited condiments (Lettuce, onion, tomatoe). 

If your into a lunchmeat sammich instead of a wide variety of taste - then its fine.  Otherwise, you need to go to a place that can manufacture more taste.

Either you're just not going to the right places, or where you live just plain sucks in the sandwich department.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Ron From Regina

I've blacklisted Canadian Quiznos locations. When paying with my debit card, they automatically add a $1.50 surchage, plus add a 10% tip. On top of all that, a foot long sub is about as wide as a hotdog bun, and only about 10 inches long.

Fuck that. Why should I pay a surcharge when I can go to subway, and why should I give someone a tip, when I have to stand in line, fill my own drink, and bring the food back to my table.

I look forward to my twice yearly trip to denver where I can hit a quiznos and not get ripped off, because I do enjoy the taste of their subs.

Northlands

Quote from: Ron From Regina on May 09, 2008, 04:03:44 PM
I've blacklisted Canadian Quiznos locations. When paying with my debit card, they automatically add a $1.50 surchage, plus add a 10% tip. On top of all that, a foot long sub is about as wide as a hotdog bun, and only about 10 inches long.

Fuck that. Why should I pay a surcharge when I can go to subway, and why should I give someone a tip, when I have to stand in line, fill my own drink, and bring the food back to my table.

I look forward to my twice yearly trip to denver where I can hit a quiznos and not get ripped off, because I do enjoy the taste of their subs.

Crap! You serious? They don't do that here. (Winnipeg). That sort of thing sounds pretty criminal to me. It's not like they're sending out a waitress and spitting out drink refills to you while you sit.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Ron From Regina

Quote from: Northlands on May 09, 2008, 04:27:14 PM
Crap! You serious? They don't do that here. (Winnipeg). That sort of thing sounds pretty criminal to me. It's not like they're sending out a waitress and spitting out drink refills to you while you sit.
I sure am. There was actually a piece on a radio talk show a couple weeks ago about the manditory tip and surcharge at a fast food establishment. Although they didn't exactly say it was quiznos, it was pretty obvious to anyone who has gone there, that was what they were talking about. Many people who called in, such as myself, have quit going there since they implimented that.

Payman

Quote from: Ron From Regina on May 09, 2008, 04:03:44 PM

I would have demanded a refund on the spot, including the surcharge and "tip". I got a restaurant bill once that added a 10% tip, and I had the manager remove it. I'm usually a good tipper, but they got none from me that day.

Lebowski

I absolutely hate the concept of a mandatory tip, or an automatically added "gratuity".  Hello, look up "gratuity" in the dictionary you assholes, it is by definition an optional thank-you.  The whole point of the tipping system we have in the US is to add an incentive to provide good service, mandatory gratuity completely defeats the purpose of that.

Secret Chimp

Quiznos makes big fucking meaty sandwiches. I could have a french dip sandwich for lunch and dinner and be full both times.
Subway has little flat wiener sandwiches and their little toaster oven sucks balls.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Secret Chimp

Also, tips - the only person I tip is this guy at the local Cup O'Joe I have a rapport with, and at restaurants as is customary. Other professions where you're just expected to randomly pull a few bucks out of your pocket and go "here you go!" or some junk I don't do.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

TBR

I went to Quiznos last night and the service was actually very good, they were very friendly and apologized for the wait (even though it was typical). I would have left a tip if there was a tip jar (and I never do that). Hell, I wish I had thought to offer those kids a job (no manager and good service from high school sophomores or so, never seen that happen).

hotrodalex

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 09, 2008, 09:34:45 PM
Quiznos makes big fucking meaty sandwiches. I could have a french dip sandwich for lunch and dinner and be full both times.
Subway has little flat wiener sandwiches and their little toaster oven sucks balls.

I find them to be equal most of the time. Really, I just go to whichever is closest.

the Teuton

Anyone want to know how much meat really is on a Subway sandwich?  It's surprisingly little.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on May 10, 2008, 03:01:08 PM
Anyone want to know how much meat really is on a Subway sandwich?  It's surprisingly little.

Exactly. I like my Meat to compliment everything else on the sandwich.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on May 10, 2008, 06:35:27 PM

Meat rarely hands out compliments. In fact, I think that whole ordeal where it was butchered, cooked, sliced up, and put into a sandwich has given it a rather cynical disposition.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

J86

Had Wegman's today...that was excellent.

Lebowski

You have it ass backwards.

omicron

Quote from: Lebowski on May 08, 2008, 11:18:09 AM

How do you explain why so many people buy Bose speakers?  Why do people ask for Grey Goose instead of Smirnoff when 1) Vodka has such a neutral flavour you can barely tell the difference, and 2) any discernable difference is irrelevant since they're ordering it mixed with tonic?

Smirnoff tastes like embalming fluid.

I know this because I gain nutrients from inserting straws into dead people and sucking hard.

Lebowski

Quote from: omicron on May 11, 2008, 06:31:58 AM
Smirnoff tastes like embalming fluid.

I know this because I gain nutrients from inserting straws into dead people and sucking hard.

Then choose any other moderately priced vodka.  I bet 9 out of 10 people who order a grey goose and tonic couldn't tell the difference if it was made with Sky or some other decent but moderately priced vodka.

J86

whe i buy vodka, i get svedka.  not too much $$, tastes better than popov :lol:

the Teuton

2.5 oz. of chicken strips on a sandwich with plain chicken or steak and 3 oz. if it's chicken teriyaki.  Double that for a footlong.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

MrH

Quote from: J86 on May 11, 2008, 08:22:53 AM

You're in college, is taste really that big of a deal?  :cheers: :lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Lebowski

I went to Quiznos today for the first time in a long time.  I got the steakhouse beef dip (fancy name for their take on a french dip), it was a pretty tasty sammich considering we're talking pseudo fast food here.  It was extremely rich and unhealthy, though, thanks to about 10 tons of a cream-based sauche they put on it.  The service was utterly horrible, I couldn't figure out how they managed to move things along so slowly.

Still much better sammiches than subway, that's for sure.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: J86 on May 11, 2008, 08:22:53 AM

Popov is exactly the same as smirnoff: except smirnoff runs though an extra filter before it's bottled. They're distilled together though.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: MrH on May 11, 2008, 02:29:41 PM
You're in college, is taste really that big of a deal?  :cheers: :lol:

Yes, he's a sailor.

Also, is there some law that says college students must have extremely low standards?

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on May 11, 2008, 04:25:45 PM
I went to Quiznos today for the first time in a long time.  I got the steakhouse beef dip (fancy name for their take on a french dip), it was a pretty tasty sammich considering we're talking pseudo fast food here.  It was extremely rich and unhealthy, though, thanks to about 10 tons of a cream-based sauche they put on it.  The service was utterly horrible, I couldn't figure out how they managed to move things along so slowly.

Still much better sammiches than subway, that's for sure.

steakhouse beef dip is by far the best thing at Quizno's... probably some of the best fast food period
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

GoCougs

I just had a 12" Subway double-stacked club on wheat, with extra bacon. God food.

J86

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 11, 2008, 04:44:41 PM
Yes, he's a sailor.

Also, is there some law that says college students must have extremely low standards?

Thank you!

The amount of $$ I spend on rum...  gotta have the Mount Gay and Gosling's Black Seal on hand at all times!

I'll drink Keystone for games, but I won't sip on one.

J86

and I had TWO Wegman's subs today :lol:

nickdrinkwater

Did the word 'Sub' come from Subway?

Before Subway opened here I'd never heard of that term for a sandwich and I thought it was a marketing thing (like a Hoover for example).  But now I've seen a few other places selling subs (there's a Quinzos in my city, and I went in Jimmy Johns in Chicago) so I guess it's a general thing?