Anyone else really impressed with the IS-F's speed in the latest R&T?

Started by 565, May 17, 2008, 09:52:11 PM

ArchBishop

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 18, 2008, 10:56:54 PM
Awww, did I hurt your feelings?

Hardly. You have no idea what parts I was showing in those photos, you don't know shit about the KA, and You obviously don't know shit about cars. So the question is, why are you more butthurt over what I said to Raza.

And Question, what do you drive again?

CALL_911

Quote from: ArchBishop on May 18, 2008, 11:00:12 PM
Hardly. You have no idea what parts I was showing in those photos, you don't know shit about the KA, and You obviously don't know shit about cars. So the question is, why are you more butthurt over what I said to Raza.

And Question, what do you drive again?

#1. It doesn't take a genius to know what parts are in the picture. If you think it does, and it's all you seem to know about, by all means, go show the world.
#2. Everyone knows the KA isn't an amazing motor.
#3. Everyone knows the pre-2003 Altima sucks.
#4. I'm 16.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

ArchBishop

Just FYI

STOCK KA24DE Intake and Exhaust
http://nitinj.com/Images/240SX2/Dyno%20021808/021208dyno.JPG

how much Does a 1.8t put to the wheels?

And then, You can laugh at all the guys putting as much power to the wheels, as 1.8t's do to the crank.

ArchBishop

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 18, 2008, 11:02:26 PM
#1. It doesn't take a genius to know what parts are in the picture. If you think it does, and it's all you seem to know about, by all means, go show the world.
#2. Everyone knows the KA isn't an amazing motor.
#3. Everyone knows the pre-2003 Altima sucks.
#4. I'm 16.

There is a suspension Modification in EVERY picture I posted (as well as other parts).

name them.

LonghornTX

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

ArchBishop

ArchBishop

Bahaha: Stock 1.8t Dyno (actually, this one is chipped)

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254641

This is an awesome Motor I should be afraid of?
A KA with bolt on, cams, and an ECU tune will Make the same power a 1.8t will with Breather mods and Ecu. Just keep that in mind.

And When was the last time you built a 100hp per liter (crank) motor with custom factory parts?

CALL_911

Quote from: ArchBishop on May 18, 2008, 10:50:27 PM
Power isn't everything:

I won't even tell you what half of those pictures are about. If your smart, you'll be able to figure it out.

And I didn't know adding over 45whp over stock was funny...

Ok, here goes.

Pic #1: Sway Bar
Pic #2: Can't see.
Pic #3: I see cams, and an exhaust manifold......
Pic #4: Shocks, and maybe the control arm.
Pic #5: Springs.

Quote from: ArchBishop on May 18, 2008, 11:12:06 PM
Bahaha: Stock 1.8t Dyno (actually, this one is chipped)

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254641

This is an awesome Motor I should be afraid of?
A KA with bolt on, cams, and an ECU tune will Make the same power a 1.8t will with Breather mods and Ecu. Just keep that in mind.

And When was the last time you built a 100hp per liter (crank) motor with custom factory parts?

Your engine is not a 100 hp/L, so maybe you should try that first (Stock you have 160 hp. Since you're brilliant and all, 160+25=205. 205/2.4= 85.4). Secondly, I'm certain the 1.8T has a much better aftermarket, and thus has MUCH more potential.

Quote from: ArchBishop on May 18, 2008, 11:08:32 PM
Waiting. It says your still in the room.

And I'm still waiting for you to justify that the N54 is slower than a comparable VQ.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Cookie Monster

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 18, 2008, 11:52:05 PM
Ok, here goes.

#2: Looks like you're working on a control arm
#3: Front shock tower brace?
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

sportyaccordy

Call 911,

165 + 20 != 205, unless you are using an alternate base number (I try to stick with base 10)

ArchBishop,

I cannot tell from pics but what year is your Altima? I could do a fully loaded 1st gen SE, but I hear the engine is not fond of revving...

ArchBishop

Quote from: thecarnut on May 19, 2008, 12:28:02 AM
#2: Looks like you're working on a control arm
#3: Front shock tower brace?
Quote from: CALL_911 on May 18, 2008, 11:52:05 PM
Ok, here goes.

Your engine is not a 100 hp/L, so maybe you should try that first (Stock you have 160 hp. Since you're brilliant and all, 160+25=205. 205/2.4= 85.4). Secondly, I'm certain the 1.8T has a much better aftermarket, and thus has MUCH more potential.

And I'm still waiting for you to justify that the N54 is slower than a comparable VQ.

Wrong.
1. is a Control arm brace, not a sway bar.
2. Polyurathane control arm bushings.
3. Strut tower brace
4. Struts
5. Coilovers (Not Springs)

I didn't mention aftermarket potential of any motor, I just asked when was the last time you, (or anyone you know) for that matter made 100hp/liter n/a (crank) on factory parts? On what motor?

Here you go. 207whp + 15% drivetrain loss. Built it himself
http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=177042

MY Motor should make a healthy 200+ crank hp, Over 50hp Over stock. I guess that really bad compared to.....?

And What have you done?

ArchBishop

Quote from: sportyaccordy on May 19, 2008, 08:44:48 AM
Call 911,

165 + 20 != 205, unless you are using an alternate base number (I try to stick with base 10)

ArchBishop,

I cannot tell from pics but what year is your Altima? I could do a fully loaded 1st gen SE, but I hear the engine is not fond of revving...

SE's are better. Factory sideskits, Foglights, stiffer springs and struts, Closer gears and LSD If its a 93-94. Otherwise, they all are the same. You have to have the right parts to make the engine rev, like a good set of cams, and an extended redline.

Brian Crower makes a 2.6L Stroker kit that fully balances the crank. Want 8000RPM power? That kit is for you. Otherwise bolt ons, cams, and a Tune will net you around 160-170whp.

Personally, I'd look at a Second gen altima. less miles, Stiffer chassis, same motor, and most parts off a 1st gen will work on a second, and Visa versa. Also, the KA24DE in second generations are single row timing chains, and have stronger pistons, so they should hold up better. The downside is JWT does not support the 2000-2001 cars,(piggyback, or standalone ecu) they have better heads, and differnt ECU, as well as the closest ratio trans. Which is were mine came from.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

The IS-Flooks better in real life than it does in the photos but let's face it, it's a sterile and passionless car.

Lexus created this thing for the sole purpose of offering a competitor to the established German performance sedans and obtaining market share. Prior to that Lexus has had ZERO motorsport involvement or heritage. It's all about making more money by offering a "cheaper" car (in some markets the IS-F is more expensive than an M3 or C63 AMG I believe). Granted, the German brands are out to make money too, but at least their motorsport heritage is evidence of the passion that was behind BMW M, MB AMG or Audi RS. With the IS-F you don't feel that. They take apart an M3 to study, they hire Yamaha to tune the engine bla bla bla...

Sorry, it's a good first try for Lexus but this car is clinical and boring to me. What excites me about a car is the passion and history/heritage behind it. Not some M3 clone from a brand that copied so many philosophies from European competitors...
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Submariner

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 19, 2008, 09:53:41 AM
The IS-Flooks better in real life than it does in the photos but let's face it, it's a sterile and passionless car.

Lexus created this thing for the sole purpose of offering a competitor to the established German performance sedans and obtaining market share. Prior to that Lexus has had ZERO motorsport involvement or heritage. It's all about making more money by offering a "cheaper" car (in some markets the IS-F is more expensive than an M3 or C63 AMG I believe). Granted, the German brands are out to make money too, but at least their motorsport heritage is evidence of the passion that was behind BMW M, MB AMG or Audi RS. With the IS-F you don't feel that. They take apart an M3 to study, they hire Yamaha to tune the engine bla bla bla...

Sorry, it's a good first try for Lexus but this car is clinical and boring to me. What excites me about a car is the passion and history/heritage behind it. Not some M3 clone from a brand that copied so many philosophies from European competitors...

Spot on Wimmer.

Vinsanity

Sorry, I didn't catch your driving impressions thread on the Lexus IS-F. Could you post the link?...

Submariner

Quote from: Vinsanity on May 19, 2008, 10:43:07 AM
Sorry, I didn't catch your driving impressions thread on the Lexus IS-F. Could you post the link?...

Everyone here has posted, at one time or another, impressions on cars they haven't driven. 

omicron

Lexus created this thing for the sole purpose of offering a competitor to the established German performance sedans and obtaining market share. Prior to that Lexus has had ZERO motorsport involvement or heritage.

Which are never, and have never been, the determinants of current road-car abilities for any brand.

Incidentally, given that the Lexus brand is just that - a brand, and that its products have been available across much of the world in the past with Toyota emblems, I hope you'd realise the efforts of the Toyota Altezza/Lexus IS in both Japanese circuit racing and Australian/New Zealand production car championships, as well as Toyota's efforts in NASCAR, LeMans, Formula 1 and rallying with 6 and 8 cylinder engines available in Lexus cars since the brand's inception.

QuoteIt's all about making more money by offering a "cheaper" car (in some markets the IS-F is more expensive than an M3 or C63 AMG I believe).

Making more money by offering a cheaper car that is more expensive in some markets? In any case, are you privy to Lexus' profit margins on each car relative to its competitors?

QuoteGranted, the German brands are out to make money too

The aim of any brand (or business, for that matter). If a brand loses money over a sustained period without hope for resuscitation, it dies.

Quotebut at least their motorsport heritage is evidence of the passion that was behind BMW M, MB AMG or Audi RS. With the IS-F you don't feel that. They take apart an M3 to study, they hire Yamaha to tune the engine bla bla bla...

Past motorsport results are no reflection whatsoever of the abilities of any given car within a certain brand. Are you implying that the past history of a brand is more important in the analysis of a given car than its actual qualities and characteristics? Are you suggesting that the three German brands mentioned are so precious and insular that they don't bother to look at any of the non-German competitors for improvement to their own performance ranges, or are so caught up in their own importance that they feel any of their actions are inherently superior to any other competitors? Lexus seeks to learn from the M3 because it is the perceived existing benchmark for performance-oriented cars of a given price-range (and I'm sure they had many other cars in pieces, too); were Cadillac to produce a CTS-V that betters the M3, C63 et. al., then Lexus, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, HSV, FPV etc. would all have a CTS-V in four thousand parts in the driveway.

QuoteSorry, it's a good first try for Lexus but this car is clinical and boring to me. What excites me about a car is the passion and history/heritage behind it. Not some M3 clone from a brand that copied so many philosophies from European competitors...[/size]

Borrowed philosophies from German competitors? Such as?

Vinsanity

Quote from: Submariner on May 19, 2008, 11:20:36 AM
Everyone here has posted, at one time or another, impressions on cars they haven't driven. 

I was just wondering how he came away with the impression that the car is sterile, boring, etc.

Submariner

Quote from: Vinsanity on May 19, 2008, 11:33:47 AM
I was just wondering how he came away with the impression that the car is sterile, boring, etc.

Reading, TV, etc?  :huh:

Vinsanity

Quote from: Submariner on May 19, 2008, 12:22:33 PM
Reading, TV, etc?  :huh:

maybe people should stop believing everything they read, especially on the internets.

I can't imagine that an average driver would seriously be bored by driving an IS-F, much less one who gets his jollies off when driving a diesel Mercedes :rolleyes:

Schadenfreude

:wtf: @ this thread.  As for the IS-F, I just have one question: Wouldn't a manual transmission help it, even just a bit in terms of credibility?

Submariner

Quote from: Vinsanity on May 19, 2008, 12:37:54 PM
maybe people should stop believing everything they read, especially on the internets.

I can't imagine that an average driver would seriously be bored by driving an IS-F, much less one who gets his jollies off when driving a diesel Mercedes :rolleyes:

I enjoy driving a G-class.  Makes me no less qualified to judge "sports" cars.

CALL_911

Quote from: sportyaccordy on May 19, 2008, 08:44:48 AM
Call 911,

ArchBishop,

Typo, I meant 45 hp, which were his increases from stock.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

What excites me about a car is the passion and history/heritage behind it.

No offense dude, but that's a shitty reason to get excited about a car.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Cookie Monster

Oh jeez, not this shit again! :wtf:

You're already wrong, they do have racing involvement. They're also starting to get into other racing too.

And you've never even driven the car, so don't start with the "It's so boring" bullshit. Why do you always get caught up with the "history/heritage" bit too? When you climb into an MB, can you "feel" the heritage and history throughout the car every time you go for a drive? :rolleyes:
How much history/heritage a car has has NOTHING to do with if the car is good or not. That's all just a load of bullshit.

I like how you don't consider the C63 AMG to be boring, even though it too only has an automatic and is meant for high speed driving. You've never driven any of the cars, yet you're jumping to conclusions because of the "history and heritage". :wtf:

You're doing a shitload of generalizing about the Lexus with zero seat time and masturbating over anything German. I don't even like the ISF that much, but you don't see me saying how boring it is, because I've never driven it!
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

sportyaccordy

Like I always say, numbers aren't everything

8 speed tranny is a pain to downshift, suspension is way too stiff and the looks are questionable, which sucks as the IS350 is a beautiful car.

CALL_911

Quote from: thecarnut on May 19, 2008, 05:18:58 PM
Oh jeez, not this shit again! :wtf:

You're already wrong, they do have racing involvement. They're also starting to get into other racing too.

And you've never even driven the car, so don't start with the "It's so boring" bullshit. Why do you always get caught up with the "history/heritage" bit too? When you climb into an MB, can you "feel" the heritage and history throughout the car every time you go for a drive? :rolleyes:
How much history/heritage a car has has NOTHING to do with if the car is good or not. That's all just a load of bullshit.

I like how you don't consider the C63 AMG to be boring, even though it too only has an automatic and is meant for high speed driving. You've never driven any of the cars, yet you're jumping to conclusions because of the "history and heritage". :wtf:

You're doing a shitload of generalizing about the Lexus with zero seat time and masturbating over anything German. I don't even like the ISF that much, but you don't see me saying how boring it is, because I've never driven it!

+9999999999999999999

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Vinsanity

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 19, 2008, 02:56:44 PM
No offense dude, but that's a shitty reason to get excited about a car.

Seriously. If history and heritage made a car exciting, then my Caddy is more exciting than a Lambo :rolleyes: