Sighted: BMW M3!

Started by Submariner, July 21, 2005, 03:02:19 PM

giant_mtb

QuoteWait...I thought the M3 was a coupe...  :blink:
the current E46 is, but the new one will also be a sedan.
Hmph...I'm not sure I like that.  <_<
the coupe and convertible versions will still be available youknow.
Well yeah I know, but how exciting is a 4-door M3?  Not very, IMO...sort of takes away the image of the M badge...4 doors?  That's like GM putting 4 doors on the Charger...doesn't really make sense.
umm...M5??
Yeah but the M5 has V-10 power, no?
So?
So it is very fast regardless of the amount of doors.  But a 4-door M3 won't be nearly as exciting as its 2-door counterpart, which is why I think they should just keep the M3 as a two-door.  But of course I know nothing about BMW, so don't mind my ranting!  ;)  :ph34r:
Have some self confidence :lol:

Seriously though, the M3 is a much smaller car than the M5, and 400 hp should be more than sufficient...there was a 4 door M3 before, and its a hoot to drive...it just has more practicality.
It's natural for me to lack self-confidence when arguing with someone who knows everything about something that I know next to nothing about...human nature.  ;)  :lol:  

BMWDave

QuoteWait...I thought the M3 was a coupe...? :blink:
Well yeah I know, but how exciting is a 4-door M3?  Not very, IMO...sort of takes away the image of the M badge...4 doors?  That's like GM putting 4 doors on the Charger...doesn't really make sense.
umm...M5??
So?
So it is very fast regardless of the amount of doors.  But a 4-door M3 won't be nearly as exciting as its 2-door counterpart, which is why I think they should just keep the M3 as a two-door.  But of course I know nothing about BMW, so don't mind my ranting!  ;)  :ph34r:

Seriously though, the M3 is a much smaller car than the M5, and 400 hp should be more than sufficient...there was a 4 door M3 before, and its a hoot to drive...it just has more practicality.
It's natural for me to lack self-confidence when arguing with someone who knows everything about something that I know next to nothing about...human nature.  ;)  :lol:
We need more self confidence :rockon:  :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

BMWDave

QuoteWe need more beer.
:lol: That too.

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

Do you like the red inserts Dave, I like the blue better.

BMWDave

QuoteDo you like the red inserts Dave, I like the blue better.
I also like blue better, but I still think it looks great!

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

The blue and Black combo is super sweet.  The red is a bit flashy but doable.

BMWDave

QuoteThe blue and Black combo is super sweet.  The red is a bit flashy but doable.
I would check into that car...it will be a lot more nimble than a 7er, and do you really need all the room?

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

The E36 had an M3 sedan (and was available as an automatic as well), which looked much better than the coupe.  Not making an E46 M3 sedan was a mistake.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

umm...M5??
So?

You weren't arguing with me.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

R33 GT-R

QuoteThe blue and Black combo is super sweet.  The red is a bit flashy but doable.
I would check into that car...it will be a lot more nimble than a 7er, and do you really need all the room?
I do have 3 kids you know, but they are small right now.  Wonder if they would fit in back of that 3.

BMWDave

QuoteThe blue and Black combo is super sweet.? The red is a bit flashy but doable.
I do have 3 kids you know, but they are small right now.  Wonder if they would fit in back of that 3.
I'm sure they would fit in the back of the 5.

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

QuoteThe blue and Black combo is super sweet.? The red is a bit flashy but doable.
I'm sure they would fit in the back of the 5.
:lol:  

sportyaccordy

I like the 4 door M3 more than the coupe. I hope they come out w/the sedan first...

Colonel Cadillac

Check out the Audi RS6 as well, that is a great car and has tons of room for the kids.  

TBR

I suggested that last night but he said it was too small, which doesn't make since if he is considering a M3, maybe he just doesn't like it.

And, Bryan, as far as the M5 goes, don't worry about depreciation, resale values will stay solid because there are a lot of people that don't like the look of the new 5-series.  

R33 GT-R

They do have this A8 L Quattro, don't know the price though.

R33 GT-R

TBR gave me the idea ^^^^^^,

TBR

I don't know about you, but I personally find the A8 to look much better than the A8 L, for the same reason I think the 745i looks better than the 745 li and the XJ8 better than the XJ8 L.

R33 GT-R

QuoteI suggested that last night but he said it was too small, which doesn't make since if he is considering a M3, maybe he just doesn't like it.

And, Bryan, as far as the M5 goes, don't worry about depreciation, resale values will stay solid because there are a lot of people that don't like the look of the new 5-series.
I was joking about the M3 TBR, I would go for the RS6 before it for sure.

R33 GT-R

QuoteI don't know about you, but I personally find the A8 to look much better than the A8 L, for the same reason I think the 745i looks better than the 745 li and the XJ8 better than the XJ8 L.
They just put up a A8 let me see if the pics are out yet.

TBR

I see, never can be sure about you.

giant_mtb

Get it!  It has a manumatic! wOOt!!  :lol:  :lol:  :rockon:  

R33 GT-R

A8 with no price yet either, 2005.

TBR

Much better, I would suggest visiting an Audi deal asap and then making an offer on that A8 if everything goes well.

I guess Select Luxury deals in end of lease cars or something?  

giant_mtb

If you do get the A8, lower it about an inch so it looks more professional...it looks a little too high for my tastes in stock form.  B)  

R33 GT-R

QuoteMuch better, I would suggest visiting an Audi deal asap and then making an offer on that A8 if everything goes well.

I guess Select Luxury deals in end of lease cars or something?
The salesman I spoke with today said they buy 120 cars a month and sale 120 cars a month.  He said if you see something you like to jump on it because odds are it isn't going to be around long.  He said they ship worldwide and he had just put a Ferrari Challenge like the yellow one on the floor on a boat to Iceland.  Who in the hell is going to be driving a Ferrari in Iceland?  Does anyone here have any experience with the A8?  It looks clean and nice but I'm not sold on it yet, I'm off to autotrader to price them a bit.

TBR

QuoteIf you do get the A8, lower it about an inch so it looks more professional...it looks a little too high for my tastes in stock form.  B)
I was thinking the same thing. As far as the A8 goes, it handles almost as well as the BMW, but its ride is a bit more rough (should be fine considering what you're driving now). Like the 745i, the A8 had a few teething problems, but 2004 models should be fine. I personally find the A8 to be quite attractive and you should be able to get a better deal on one than you can get on a 745i.  

R33 GT-R

TBR he said they buy cars that the dealer doesn't want on their lot, like almost new ones that will pull new sales away.  He said his manager has some kind of device he goes over all panels with that detect paint depth and they will not touch anything that shows any signs of an accident, scratches or dings.  They sold that Azure today as well, damn somebodys making some money there.

R33 GT-R

QuoteIf you do get the A8, lower it about an inch so it looks more professional...it looks a little too high for my tastes in stock form.  B)
I was thinking the same thing. As far as the A8 goes, it handles almost as well as the BMW, but its ride is a bit more rough (should be fine considering what you're driving now). Like the 745i, the A8 had a few teething problems, but 2004 models should be fine. I personally find the A8 to be quite attractive and you should be able to get a better deal on one than you can get on a 745i.
How come it's so high, it does look funny.  Compare it to the A8L and it looks real high.