LF-A 552bhp 9000 rpm 4.8L 210mph top speed and a 7:24 ringtime.

Started by 565, June 22, 2008, 07:06:23 AM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Sigma Projects on June 26, 2008, 03:40:22 PM
legally you can't exploit a car's limit with 90% of the cars that are available. Like anyone can take a Zonda F on the streets and do what they do on the RING? Come on, wtf. If you want something that looks good and fun to drive buy a used vehicle that you think looks good and throw tons of cash at it, that will net you something much more rewarding. But to say "oh it's super fast, but you can't do that on the streets... so who cares" What kind of attitude is that? Why drool over Ferraris? Or any sports car? The most fun you'll have on the street with any car and staying within the legal limits is a car that feels like a go-kart.
It just seems a little gimmicky. A car can get an awesome time on the Ring, and still be a complete pain in the ass to actually own/drive. Then, on the flip side, you can take a Ford Taurus X to the Ring... and say 'it was tuned there'. To me, 'Ring cred is meaningless outside the context of racing.

Cars should be tuned for the street, not the 'Ring...

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 04, 2008, 08:44:01 AM
It just seems a little gimmicky. A car can get an awesome time on the Ring, and still be a complete pain in the ass to actually own/drive. Then, on the flip side, you can take a Ford Taurus X to the Ring... and say 'it was tuned there'. To me, 'Ring cred is meaningless outside the context of racing.

Cars should be tuned for rally, not the street.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

hotrodalex

I don't know. It just doesn't excite me. Maybe that would change if I drove it, but I doubt it. I'd rather have some good 'ole American muscle - something that can light up the tires or kick out the tail at will.

Vinsanity

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 04, 2008, 11:25:10 AM
I don't know. It just doesn't excite me. Maybe that would change if I drove it, but I doubt it. I'd rather have some good 'ole American muscle - something that can light up the tires or kick out the tail at will.

With 552 hp, I'm pretty sure the Lexus will have no problem engaging in such shenanigans. If traction/stability control is intrusive enough to prove otherwise, then I will join the many others in disappointment.

cawimmer430

I'm so excited!

And I just can't hide it!

I'm about to loose control and I think I like it!   :zzz:

:devil:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Soup DeVille

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 04, 2008, 08:44:01 AM

If there is an ideal driver's road in the world, more than a little bit of it will closely resemble the ring. You can't effectively close off 12 miles of real world road and use it day in and day out for performance testing, so this is the next best thing.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Sigma Projects

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 05, 2008, 02:55:14 PM
If there is an ideal driver's road in the world, more than a little bit of it will closely resemble the ring. You can't effectively close off 12 miles of real world road and use it day in and day out for performance testing, so this is the next best thing.

thanks DeVille, couldn't have said it better myself.
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

r0tor

the ring is about the closest to real world as a track will get... tons of elevation changes, bumps, not so fantastic surfaces, cement patches, yada yada yada
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed